What is your opinion on this man?

What is your opinion on this man?

I think he's one of the best lyricists of our generation and has an unparalleled sense of idk mood (?) or vibe.

Also Your Body is a Wonderland is one of the top 50 cleanest songs ever recorded.

youtube.com/watch?v=N5EnGwXV_Pg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BxINLSSefzA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Doesn't meet my taste but sounds fine to me.

>our generation
This board is not Gen-X. no idea who you're talking to. we aren't even millennials. we're all gen-z. OP is a moron.

wtf are you even saying, asshole?

lmaoo

>our generation

John Mayer is part of gen-x. Sup Forums isn't composed of fucking 40 year olds. It's not even composed of millennials. it's composed of gen-z. I'm not a millennial. i'm a gen-z. he is not part of our generation, and you are a retard.

when I was in high school in the mid 2000s, he wss on vh1 all day, bud

and you're still wrong because he is not part of our generation because he's in his late 30s. even mac defucko isn't part of our generation. our generation has barely done anything yet. fuck off with your gay shitty old faggot generation you old millennial cunt before i give you a smack and you fall and break your hip.

>one of the best lyricists of our generation

He's not that great imo op

I like his stuff with Steve Jordan and Paladino. Great guitar player

His solo stuff is not his best material for me

I'm 28

don't forget to get your prostate checked you millennial geezer fuck before i shove my dick up your ass

listen to the lyrics of something's missing. but even in wonderland, his text painting is ideal. true poet.

bump

He's very good at chord progressions

Pretty solid pop musician

how the fuck is Sup Forums so mayer ignorant???

>73970944
>73971238
How is this related to music?

He's a good songwriter who wanted to make his music but "also be listenable".

He made his intro and got his footing with pop tunes, and that's fair. Singles are what the market readily consumes and promotes. They don't say "here, have a listen to St. Patricks Day" because that doesn't sell in bubblegum pop fantasyland.

Not too mention, a lot of his chord voicings will straight up give you Phil Mickelson arthritis. That's uncommon in a world built on D G C.

John Mayer is the GREATEST pop artist along with Michael Jackson of the double decade. Anyone who critiques John's songwriting or musicianship has not indulged his entire discography as I just so did several hours ago. He constructs pop records immaculately it's mesmerizing, how well done they are without sounding synthetic. If any of you have spare time, go watch interviews where he actually talks shop and you'll be blown away how cerebral this "couches bag" is, he's not a dumb jock, he's a music nerd of the highest order. A real student of sound.

I just had a thread but I past out asleep and then woke up to my thread gone and this one instead. I thought this was mine for a second kek. John is the GOAT bud. Real recognize real.

Can someone explain what the these "gen-x" stuff are?

It's a retarded categorization method us westerners use to discriminate each other from eras we were born, not sure if that's what ur asking but at least my retina is in tact

John Mayer is a great musician in my opinion and I really do like his music. I think he's done great things for the guitar too, he brought back the solo. But he does make a weird face sometimes. 7.6/10

What are your top 5 John Mayer songs?
1. Walt Grace's Submarine Test
2. Assassin
3. Vultures
4. Heartbreak Warfare
5. Good Love Is On It's Way

1. Stop This Train
2. Wheel
3. Edge of Desire
4. In Repair
5. Good Love Is On The Way

1. Slow Dancing in a Burning Room
2. I Don't Trust Myself
3. Clarity
4. 3x5
5. Edge of Desire

Honestly I could keep making new top 5 lists but Slow Dancing is my number one overall. Incredible Track.

Agreed. Hard to make a top 5 when I genuinely enjoy 99% of it. Where the Light Is was a game changer for me.

You free Friday night?

He's like Clapton when not making a blues album: a great guitarist playing boring music.

Yup. Jam sesh?

Let's get it bud.

youtu.be/BxINLSSefzA

Yes he is. I concur. MJ too.

millenials include people from 1980-1999 you fucking unenlightened halfwit

gen z is 2000+

yo, John music is bland we already talked about this, clean white washed blues, bring nothing new to the table, decent radio music at best, only someone who knows nothing about classic rock or blues would praise him as anythig other than BLAND

Will Mayer ever get to make his own Layla?