Is he /ourguy/? What did you think of his Beefheart analysis?

Is he /ourguy/? What did you think of his Beefheart analysis?

Should be added to that chart where it shows the top 6 albums of different music critics

>What did you think of his Beefheart analysis?

>it's complex therefore it's good
>I use music theory terms, therefore I know what I'm talking about

fuck this guy

t. mega brainlet

I don't know man I just set my command line to download the entire Jahrhunnertring from youtube using youtube-dl and &&.

Fantano plz leave.

>>I use music theory terms, therefore I know what I'm talking about
well yea. he does.

Does he even have a favorite album we know of?

not to my knowledge, I would have just suggested using recordings of pieces he's fond of, like Gesang der Jünglinge, the Unanswered Question, and Trout Mask Replica

He's a composer, not a critic. He just analyzes and dissects pieces he thinks are relevant. He doesn't rate them.

I like some of his videos and have discovered some great modern classical pieces through them.

hes a composer with a degree you fag

>I am a composer with a degree, therefore I know what I'm talking about

fuck this guy

Every time someone criticizes TMR, they're referred to this video, regardless of the content of their criticism. It's very annoying.
>You don't enjoy Beefheart's voice? You don't enjoy the sound of 60s-era guitars? Here: watch this thirty-minute-long analysis of the composition of the first song on the album. Come back after that.

Just because you're a good chef doesn't mean your taste buds are any better than non-chefs. I'm sick of losers like OP who think they're so much better than you because they can throw around technical terms. They entirely miss the point of music, that it can't be degraded and reduced like that. People give Fantano shit for not talking about "le music theory," but he's at least honest and speaks from the heart instead of entirely from the brain, and for music that's the only appropriate method.

so you are a self-admitted brainlet then. cool

Yet for fantano it's all about the money, when this guy just sharing knowledge and his fascianation for free.
Now tell me who's really sincere and "speaks from the heart"?

Of course everyone has their tastes, but Andreyev's video is just proof through analysis that what they're playing isn't random nonsense, which is the usual criticism I hear of it.

you're a fucking moron with the brain of a child, congrats on your stupidity

at least he likes to play miney crafta

Honestly going to side with this user. I seriously love Samuel.
His Beefheart analysis is a good video for context on Frownland (and TMR).
But some people just post the video for no reason to try to win an argument about TMR.
I said before. I hope his videos don't become a meme here.

>Is he /ourguy/?
considering he's knowledgeable about music and seems pretty intelligent i'd have to say he's definitely not /ourguy/