Drive Q

Is there an 'official' explanation of the opening scene? Some people say the driver was abandoning the two guys at Staples Center (which seems unlikely), others say it was the agreed upon drop off point.

But if it was the drop off point, the guys are screwed, right? Cops are going to check every Impala.

Also, the dude in the diner scene who tries to talk to driver? Is that one of the guys driver was driving at the opening scene? I don't think so, but I've heard otherwise.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_z5LXyWn3-w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think filmmakers wanted it to look smart to drop them off at the stadium but I'd be pissed if I was one of those burglars.

You are fucking dumb if you are seriously asking this question

Sounds like you don't know either

not helpful

dick head

Anyone /o/ here? Is it really plausible to have an Impala like that? 300 BHP iirc, I guess that would take quite a bit of work. Also even if the engine would be so powerful wouldn't you also need to upgrade things like suspension etc?

I know fuck all about cars but it just felt unrealistic that you could throw a racing engine in a shitbox like that, no trouble.

Those guys should have just walked out naturally instead of being dumbfounded and staying in the car.

Something I don't get about this film
Driver always says his line about whatever happens in yours inside the time frame etc etc
But he says "you have 5 minutes and I'll do anything in the 5 minutes, anything either side of the and I'm out"
How does that make sense
I get it if you're over the 5 minutes
But either side, so if you're a minute early??
Someone explain?

Cunt

It's hard to explain

You might need a new gear box depending on how much power you added but it's not much of a modification really

Just add a spoiler

300 BHP isn't that much really. Some impalas come with an engine like that standard.

And I don't see why the mechanic wouldn't have improved the suspension either.

If shit goes down before he arrives then he leaves immediately
Once he's there they have 5 minutes to do whatever before he drives off

Between 12:00 and 12:05 he's yours, 11:59 and 12:06 you're on your own.

That makes a lot of sense, that's why they waited outside until he came, Thanks user

How are they screwed? If they get out of the car, then they're just some more sports fans.

Acting like they couldn't go up one floor higher in the parking garage drop, their bags and gear off the back, walk out normally with other people

I suppose that's true. Shouldn't overthink it.

Cops and cameras everywhere.

It's the look on the guys' faces when he gets out. This seems obvious, but the dudes seem to be clueless about what they should do.

you didn't think at all.

ofc it was the drop point otherwise he wouldn't listen the game on the radio

they'll be gone way before they even ask to watch the tapes, and cops have absolutely no chance to find the robbers in that crowd

o ok

fag

You don't think the two robbers carrying big bags of stolen shit will stand out in a cheery crowd of sport fans?

youtube.com/watch?v=_z5LXyWn3-w

Not even /o/ but the driving in the movie sucked. Driving 100 miles in reverse, fuck yeah