The Babadook

Why was he such a shitty kid?

single mother and no attention, no discipline from a father to keep him under control

he had to be so that the audience wouldn't see the mother as an outright villain later on in the movie

He's a millennial being raised by a gen x'er. The only thing worse would be a millennial being raised by a boomer.

One and one poo make two

If three poo poo for me and you, and four poo poo for buckaroo

he's not a millennial because he was born after 2000

what a fucking awful movie

t. dumb fucking faggot that doesn't know what millennial is

That's just how Aussies act, user.

Sssh, half this board still don't know *they* are millennials. Just sit back and enjoy the cringe

Because it's a film designed to endorse selfish girls' ideas about themselves. He has to be cartoonishly awful because the movie is aimed at women who can't imagine giving love rather than being cold, self-centred holes.

To be fair, there is a pretty big difference between kids born in the 80s and kids born in the 90s, particularly 95+.

Why was every woman in this movie so fucking ugly

No father figure to properly discipline him, women dont have the proper strength and tone to discipline children
Why do you think so many blacks turn out to be pieces of shit? No father figures.

The only scene I liked in the movie was the shitty way they hinted at it being of demonic origin and that one scene where it glides out of the shadows and down the hall.
That scene made my fucking hair stand on end, was pulled off too good for a movie like this.

'Discipline' being a euphemism for 'threaten with physical violence'. The reason men are devalued in the family now is that literally the only thing they can add is no longer an accepted part of parenting.

The whole movie is about the mom undergoing psychosis. There never was a monster.

I know that, which is why the whole movie is shit.

schizophrenic mother that resents him
no father figure
what a mystery

It's a poopy flick for sure. What do you expect from something out of the land of down undaaaaah?

I thought the monster DID exist, that was just the literal story. I think the monster representing her psychosis or grief was just the underlying commentary.

Mel Gibson quality work

It think it's exactly the other way around.

>that kid who was always obnoxiously loud
That was him and that's why he was shitty.

It's a badly produced horror movie with an obvious subtext about how great it is to be a frigid bitch so that the dykes will obediently shill it on social media.

>remove the fear of physical violence in discipline
>we are now in the age of numales
Coincidence? I think not!