Is Dragon Ball Super worth a watch?

is Dragon Ball Super worth a watch?

meh
they opened it with that feature length film Resurrection F and now they separated it into episodes and I guess they're gonna do a series off of that but so far it still feels like the episodes are too short and not enough happens in them. DBZ would benifit from the shows each being an hour long so you watch it in blocks.

Dragonball and Dragonball Z were watched by most 4channers while we were teens. We are adults now.

It has humor, it has the same prolonging crap, it has the same "Wow, that power level, I've never felt that before" dialogs.

It's satisfying to know that GT is forever dead.

I am watching it, but I cringe at times now.

Dragonball was always for a younger audience.

most of the people on Sup Forums are faggots?
same answer.

This, My 12 and 9 YO nieces were just watching this shit.

no

The power scaling was thrown out the window and the writing is just bad a lot of the time. But hey, it's fucking Dragon Ball.

Definitely watch it if you enjoyed dbz, dbs is superior.

Vegeta has some choice bits.
The pacing is weird at times though. I struggled to keep watching at certain points, but it's alright.
It does a great job at making Goku out to be a complete ass. Side characters get to do things now.

sounds just like the original dragon ball z

>4channers
Thats the real cringe

I like it but I just binge watch episodes when I fee like it, its not something I can regularly get excited to watch. Currently I am about 15 episodes behind, will probably start watching it when uni starts back up.

I have tried watching anime because my friend loves it and always tries to get me into it, but I struggle to understand how full grown adults like this stuff. I loved Dragonball Z and Pokemon as a young kid but I can't watch anime as an adult. What's the appeal?

While most of the culture in my opinion is a saturated mess, there can be some genuinely engaging shows that crop up from time to time. (Look up that new Castlevania series on netflix for example. Its pretty dope.)

But most of it however is pretty much hyperbolic nonsense.

Anime includes many genres, You can easily find something you like.

Read manga instead. You'll find more serious and mature stuff there.

I recommend Vagabond, 20th Century Boys, and Devilman.

This is kind of a poor generalization considering how many anime exist.

Watch Berserk. That is all.

*Read Berserk

*Read it until the witch

I've tried to but I just can't get into it. One of my old friends used to love Naruto, I couldn't get into that. My other friend loves Bleach, Dragonball Super, and Initial D. Couldn't get into any of them either. I think it just isn't my thing. I appreciate the artwork, though.

Read it watch it whichever its fucking amazing

Maybe it's just not a thing that you'd enjoy pal, just like that.

Full metal alchemist, Attack on titan, Berserk and One Punch Man

Watch them and you may understand. Not all anime is Naruto shit tier.

Its ok
Skip the first 2 arcs that cover BoG and RoF and watch the movies instead.
Its story is really predictable but decent all the same, I like it more than most of Z since it retains some of the sillyness that DB and buu saga Z had

I think it's awesome

nah that user is right berserk has not had its due justice in any of its animated adaptations
Reading it is THE way to go about it and then watch the 2 animes and 3 movies when you want more berserk

You just cant get into what? There are so many genres and styles of animation that are included in anime. So what, you don't like shonen. Watch something else then.

Not to sound like the neckbeard I am, your sounds like he as questionable taste. The best thing I can say to this is to look for something you think you might like, experiment. If that doesn't work out at least you can say "Hey at least I gave this shitty medium the benefit of the doubt"

All i'm saying is from what i've seen, I can't get into it. The storylines, the characters etc. I think I have trouble relating to animated characters in general, but it's more prevalent in anime for some reason. The closest I come to liking anime would be liking old school studio ghibli films Spirited Away and Ponyo.

DB did adventure and comedy really well, DBZ did action and fighting really well, DBS is sort of ok at both but doesn't excel in anything. It is far better than GT, but does not come close to DB or DBZ.

Try anime like Ghost in the Shell that isn't slice of life moe shit

I can't get into television. I turned on the TV and watched Two broke girls, Bing Bong Theory, How I Met Your Mother, and Modern Family. From what I have seen, I can't get into it, The storylines the characters etc. I think I have trouble relating to film characters in general, but its more prevalent in television for some reason. The closest I came to liking television would be liking old school Friends, Cheers, and Seinfeld. Also Spirited Away and Ponyo are far from oldschool

I honestly really hate these kinds answers, It just gives off the vibe that most people see animes for their various styles over any substance.

And user, while your view on storylines and and etc are totally warranted, there are actually some really well done shows that do handle those aspects pretty well. (Tho to be fair most of it can be pretty crap.)

I can agree to that
DB is still my favorite out of all of them but Z and super are both good in their own right

My mistake. I'm not exactly tenured in the world of anime. Also, were you deliberately using my previous comment as a template? Lol.

Anime just describes Japanese animation, whether or not it lacks substance does not matter, any anime might be good or bad just like any television show but to just dismiss the entire medium because of not liking one genre is poor reasoning.

very deliberately. And I can understand if you don't like anime, but I'm just finding some problems with your reasoning. I feel like you are trying to justify your dislike of anime by saying you gave it a fair chance, but really you did the equivalent of watching some shitty sitcoms and claiming all of television is bad

>ponyo
try kiki's delivery service or porko rosso.

Really old school anime (pre 95 lets say) tends to be more appealing to western audiences in general because once anime became extremely popular in japan they started developing a culture around it and now animes aren't based on reality, they're based on that culture. It's like a painting of a painting instead of an actual scene. To the uninitiated the appeal is completely lost. That's why Miyazaki said was anime is a mistake.

No, it's garbage.

Yes it's great

I'm pretty sure I didn't mention any specific genre there. I speaking in the sense of coming to the whole "Fuck this" verdict after experimenting with shows regardless of genre. I mean at that point, once you see that a majority of the medium (or at the very least the current generation of it) values visual fidelity and common tropes over traits that an user would be looking for (say...any meaningful character development, story, etc) then looks pretty fair write off the current medium for the short comings of its majority. Not to say its all bad by any means, but most if it can be pretty brain-dead.

Shit meant to reply to

the wife and I got into a showing of Resurrection F by chance, and even though I thought that was good I felt like $12 each wasn't really worth it
maybe if the new series weren't a victim of the same stretching everything out so you have to watch a ridiculous number of episodes just to see any action strategy
also the writing is questionable and so is the art at times.
also Videl's redesign blows ass
she used to be a hella cute tsundere tomboy
now she's just a housewife with no 'tude.