lew ellen.

aslo nice digits.

witnessed

He couldn't get a decent haircut

Psychopathy

He was the embodiment of death.

77777 that is so raven

And this is how a thread is ruined

i think he's only described as swarthy and otherwise unremarkable in the book. would this haircut have been unremarkable in 1980?

He let his job become the only thing he had, touch with reality slipped away shortly after I assume

also, checked nigger

No, but Chigurh was basically a blank slate for the Coens to work with.

The haircut is genius. Very few directors would JUST their villain like that, and virtually no one could make it work as the Coens did.

this, his character is meant to be incomprehensible because he is the unceasing agent of death, which is what the aging sheriff fears most. when the badass vet guy dies offscreen you realize that his character was meant to show how even an incredibly competent and clever person can die easily, and that the movie isn't just a simple western action thriller.

No he wasn't. The point of him getting rekt in the car accident is to disprove this kind of reductive characterization.

He wanted his money.

>gets rekted in an accident
>doesn't go into shock
>patches himself up, disappears
>"you didn't see me"

BECAUSE HE GAVE THEM MONEY.

The milk was spoiled.

I kek'd

>that pic
my fucking sides

I'm not quite sure what you''re trying to say.

He's not literally the devil. he's still human, and if he was too laden in plot armour the movie would seem supernatural, which it's not.

>"you didn't see me"
Money, he gave those kids money.

and? what do you think his character was meant to represent?

Professional serial killer.

That's not what he represents, that's what he is. Why do you think he does it? The fact that he lets the kids have the money shows that he isn't stingy. Why do you think the author named him Chigurh?

I'm getting pretty sick of these one sided obscurant conversations. Why do you bother posting here if not to dicuss? Is it to tell people their wrong and then hide in 2deep4u but also I'mnotgoingtoexplainy4u

>Why do you think he does it?
Because he's good in it? Hmm, now you've made me think a bit about his character, thanks for that, user.

I'd never hide in "2deep4u but also I'mnotgoingtoexplainy4u"

>Because he's good in it?
Hmm, OK. So why does he do things that are good for him? You think he plans to retire from the criminal world and open an orphanage in the small Texan town.

You seemed awfully sure of yourself when you said that his characterization as death in reductive. But now that someone has asked you why you seem defensive and you haven't explained why you believe such characterization is so.

I see what you're doing here, and I'm kinda thankful for it. You've proved me the error of my ways.

>OK. So why does he do things that are good for him?
Maybe for the adrenaline. Especially when he's chasing someone. I'd say he probably does it for the thrill of it, the money is a bonus.

Well that was unexpected. But I'm bored because you're just making stuff up now. This movie and the novel it was based on have been analyzed to death by people better at doing so than either than us and the consensus is that Chigurh is a metaphor for death/evil.

The point I was trying to make is that don't be a such a hipster faggot all the goddamn time when it's not fucking warranted. This website is dying because of this five monkey experiment bullshit. And spineless shits like to act superior when they have nothing to back themselves up. Stop that.

You got it partially wrong. I'm not the person you were responding to. I didn't mean to act superior nor do I intend to, especially when I have nothing to back that up with. Also, thanks for enlightening me and for giving me hope for Sup Forums. Really thankful for that, user. Enjoy the rest of your day.

>77777
So are we just not going to properly appreciate these quints or what

>thanks for enlightening me and for giving me hope for Sup Forums.
don't get your hopes up. Sup Forums's not my main board and I'm just making the rounds, but I'm getting sick of this website

case in point

>but I'm getting sick of this website
Board*

No, I think Sup Forums has brought an eternal september to Sup Forums and people are legitimately jumping ship to reddit or forums.

Oh.

WITNESS ME

maybe he was a fan of this guy.

SHINY AND CHROME

autism

>mfw I always had this haircut, and felt weird after watching the movie

/who/?

You sound like a fucking asshole man
A fucking ass

google reverse image search

OP, his soul died when he was a teen and his waifu gave her virginity to some jock douchebag. Now he murders for money.

I am, but it only bothers you because it's true.

Nothing he was just going where ever his money was and doing whatever he had to to get it back. He had no choice in where he went or what he did, it was random. Much like how that particular coin traveled 26 years to end up being in his pocket..... best movie ever fuck the haters