/grimes/

Talk peacefully about the magnificent, exquisite, quirky, tenacious, hard working, talented artist Claire Elise Boucher aka Grimes.

>I'm in the zone of just throwing things at a wall. I'm trying to be unlimited by “this is sound of the album” or something. I'm trying to do the craziest shit I can, or just reach outside my comfort zone. I've been doing a song a day kind of thing. Like, get as far as I can on a song per day then start a new thing. Then once I have a various amount of things, then I'll go back and decide what to do with it.
>i just made the most insane song i'm so happy about it!!!

Song of the day: youtube.com/watch?v=2-aWEYezEMk

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x4k3593
twitter.com/AnonBabble

already a thread

delete this

She is perfect.

What an ugly piece of shit

reported

The previous thread reached bump limit.

You'll be banned for 2 reasons:
1. 2. you announced your report like a noob.

The only girl I ever loved never knew my name

how can so many virgins have such low standards
at least pick a hot waifu ya know? fantasy and that

don't mind me, just posting a real female artist

Sweet dreams, grimey!

this comment is harassment

She's a real artist, not a waifu. Look elsewhere, waifufag.
Both Grimes and Karin Dreijer are real artists.

Just a redpill to Realiti.

i hope meredith scratches grimes in her sleep

this realiti ?

That's a photoshopped Realiti by meanies like you. You're trying too hard.

post original then

She's so pretty yet so ugly yet so painfully average. I am confused??????

waiting boi

100% no photoshop, realiti

the fact that it's not even photoshopped is the funniest thing to me

It was photoshopped. Not only the colors were changed (too much brightness and contrast) but the actual image was manipulated. I've seen the original, it's not that bad. I hope the retard who did this hatchet job burns in hell.

patrician taste

please post the original so we can defend poor grimey

bump

not him

Photoshop too to "enhance" her flaws. Also the original wasn't cropped.

This, I was spending my already precious time trying to explain to the retard in the previous thread that it's kind of rude to keep producing loads of pics where she is photoshopped ugly, but he is not getting it. I think I cannot hang around in /grimes/ anymore, these ugly pics give me the creeps and I constantly need to hide those posts to be able to reply to others.

even worse

This is the original. It's unflattering but not that bad compared to that hatchet job. She has many thousands of pictures - maybe even above 10k - it was inevitable to have some bad ones.

beautiful, kind of reminds me of skrillex a bit though, he's also a good musician so that's a plus

>he's
>posts a hatchet job shoop
Are you purposefully trying to ruin the discussion?

He's a retard looking for you's. He craves attention like a whore. Better report his crap and don't reply to him. Ignoring is the best defense against this madman.

Lie.

Reminder: Be nice to Grimes!

what discussion?

>She is perfect.
>The only girl I ever loved never knew my name
>Sweet dreams, grimey!
>She's so pretty yet so ugly yet so painfully average. I am confused??????

I'm focused on her aesthetical quality like the rest of the discussion in this thread.

>I think I cannot hang around in /grimes/ anymore
Don't do that, then they 'win', what? I'm not sure, but someone is really assmad.

Thanks, glad I am not the only one fed up with this retard.

i think she has the quality of a lama in these pics, she may even channel animals for her music i think

so kawai

I am not mad, I am just annoyed.

There is plenty of things to discuss about an artist. Hidden meanings to her lyrics, rare pics, rumors, album/song ratings and so forth.

Calling people retarded is not nice !
Please stop.

But no one ever does
>Reminder: Be nice to Grimes!

you should realize it's more than one person
haters gonna hate anyways, grimes fags are totally enabling it by making amazingly stupid responses so dont tell me the criticism is entirely undeserved

This is that retard Do the right thing with his bullshit posts and move on.

then stop acting like one

please stop using that word

This.

It's exactly the same picture, just zoomed in and cropped.

Also, why are there so many pictures of her? Why is she so narcissistic?

>But no one ever does
because it's too much of a circlejerk, lurkers are not gonna post ITT like that

criticism about what? what are you talking about?

Why can't you stop talking about Grimes? I like her, but it seems like she's the best artist in the world, better than Arcade Fire for example.

this!
every thread i see her in some new costume, she should focus or her musical ability and stage presence , as it's not very good currently even though she's improved slightly since genesis

because her aesthetics grabs attention and people always take lots of pictures. It's not entirely unheard of, as a concept.

she can do it, she just needs our encouragement!

prove your loyalty to grimes by show me your purchased merchandise !

>Also, why are there so many pictures of her?
She's aesthetically pleasing. She knows the power of the image.

>If you’re performing, the way you dress, even if it’s just a shirt and pants, is a statement in itself whether you like it or not. I see fashion as a positive thing. I see it as a way to enhance the project, or as a whole other aspect that I can play with and use to my advantage. Though I make sure that I look like trash about 20% of the time so no one’s ever saying, “That’s what she looks like without makeup.” It’s like, “Everyone knows.”

She's actually better than Arcade Fire, which are almost like middle of the road indie rock. There's nothing special about AF, they sound like almost indie rock band ever.

HE WROTE "DRUMFAGS", DOES HE EVEN EXPECT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY, THAT STUPID UNDERAGE MEMEING TROLL, HOW DARE HE?!?!

>criticism about what?
being easily offended, totally toxic and unwelcoming to "outsiders" and such, it will only make people hate grimes fans and want to mess with them by criticising the artist upon which their life hinges. grimes threads seem like a lost cause to a lot of people. like the best case scenario is just people making stupid posts and grimes fans getting buttmad now

People make money in a variety of ways. Grimes is also a sought after model because of her aesthetic.

>even though she's improved slightly since genesis
You can't be serious. The leap between Visions and Art Angels is very noticeable in every way, especially in singing and production. Also her shows are better now than before.

Funeral is the best album of 2000's (decade), like it or not. It's the album that changed how world sees indie rock so I would definitely argue they sound like no other indie rock band.

On the other hand, Grimes and other synthpop artists...

He's a dumbass for using cliche memes. It's 2017, ffs! Be more creative.

nobody would be offended if people were to write criticism other than "LOL SHE'S OVERRATED xDD"

Visions had much more soul than AA.

>Funeral is the best album of 2000's (decade), like it or not.
That's just your subjective opinion. It's not wrong and it's not right. It's just an opinion. Funeral is a good album but not the best one of the past decade IMO.
>On the other hand, Grimes and other synthpop artists...
You just don't know other synthpop if you imply she's the same as the other ones. Dig deeper.

They write lots of it, you just choose to ignore and forget it because God forbid someone finds a flaw in your waifu.

visions is superior in every way, she's now reached sellout status with Medieval Warfare

her show has more back up dancers than before, that's about it

AA has plenty of soul too behind the happy facade. Did you even read the lyrics?

I could feel the world today
Everybody dies in the point they arise and we dance like angels to
Breaking all you need in the shapes of faiths and knowledge of you
And you'll never get sad and you'll never get sick
And you'll never get weak
In the belly of the beat yeah!

what are you even talking about

yass

You are probably talking about someone else, I visit these /grimes/ threads only like few times a week. Sup Forums is not even my main board on Sup Forums, I hang out at /adv/ and /gd/ more often. Most of my day I spend over at infinitychan altogether.

what did she mean by this?

Belly of the Beat and Artangels are some of my favourite songs on AA. I once felt a panic attack coming on when I was taking a long ride in a bus, I plugged in my earphones and switched to AA on max volume. It temporarily cured me from a panic attack and the physical symptoms of it.

Seems like a cool dude. I would love to get a Grimes shirt too, actually.

>visions is superior in every way, she's now reached sellout status with Medieval Warfare
I'm a Visions guy but I'm not going to pretend that AA is a bad album. I love AA to bits, it's perhaps the best pop album ever made. Medieval Warfare was just a one off song, just like Go. I bet it will not be representative of her next direction.
>her show has more back up dancers than before, that's about it
She still has 2 back up dancers as before. Yes, on her Visions tour she had 2 backup dancers too. Other than that she has an additional musician on stage, Hana, and her shows are way more explosive: dailymotion.com/video/x4k3593

That shirt is cool. I'd buy one.

go is her best song

This is honestly one of the coolest shirts I've seen.

>you just choose to ignore and forget it because opinion is subjective
Not just because we said so, Grimes is a widely and critically acclaimed artist in the music world. And here's a surprise, Sup Forums is in fact, no part of the music world. It's more like the detritus left over after the music world wiped it's collective asshole and left a few shit crumbs on it's behind.
In b4 "no u"

That is a cool shirt.
>WANT

That's an unpopular opinion. It's a good song but I woudn't say it's her best one whe she has heavy artillery such as Realiti, Oblivion, Weregild, Be a Body, Symphonia IX, Genesis, Venus Fly, Flesh Without Blood, Kill V. Maim, Circumambient, Devon, Dream Fortress, Vanessa, Crystal Ball, Sagrad, My Sisters Says the Saddest Things, Favriel, Rosa, David, Skin and on on.

lol, none of you can afford this premium grimes merch you plebs

That looks custom-made. I bet it's expensive as fuck to make one of those where your design covers literally the entire shirt. Another hint is in how good it fits her. Seems like a stretch kind of material even.

You named a lot of fillers.

OP here. Good job anons. You turned the thread in the right direction.

go is the greatest banger grimes has, no other song comes close live

Vanessa I have always liked in combination with the music video. Seems more playful and casual than her other videos.

How many of posters here are femanons?

>fillers
I respectfully disagree. Those are masterpieces.

It was not easy, it took collective effort from other anons here. Hope a lesson was learned today to avoid the fate of the second half of the last thread.

BEEE A BODAAAAYYYYYY

go is the only good song listed here

Kill V. Maim is a superior banger. Go is super fun live, but KVM is like 2x more powerful. She closed her shows with KVM; that says something about how much of a banger it is. It's the mother of all bangers.

I love this fucking song. Every version. This is magic.

There was stats made for fans of certain artists once, it was shared on Sup Forums few years ago. It calculated that most of Grimes fans are not femanons, though. As male, it doesn't scare me, I think you can have a sensitive soul regardless of your gender.

it's not go is better when blood diamond comes on with robes

the banger levels go beyond 9000

Lovely shoop. I agree, KVM was super intense live.

what is the robot voice repeating throughout the song, I can never catch that?