This is the worst film i have seen in years

this is the worst film i have seen in years

I wanted to see it based on poster (I have a miniature dachshund), but the trailer looked horrible.

How bad we talking here? Baby's day out bad or Ed w/ Matt Leblanc?

ed's day out

it was very rarely funny, the acting was fucking terrible, the dialogue sometimes cringeworthy but mostly just boring and uninteresting, and there were very long, very uncomfortable scenes a few times during the film that served no purpose other than to disgust you.

and not disgust you in a good way like a horror film does, just disgust you, for no reason other than for it's own sake. todd solondz should never be allowed to make another movie again.

>I have a miniature dachshund

haha yeah don't watch it. it's not even about the dog. it's about the boring, unfunny lives of uninteresting people. fuck, the dog is hardly in the film.

It was ok. I was expecting and hoping for more of a continguous story though.

>greta gerwig

How does she keep getting work?

by being literally perfect

i bet you like game of thrones

>continguous

>disgust you in a good way like a horror film does

>worst

IT WAS PRETENTIOUS SHIT

DANNY DEVITO WAS OK

THE DOOO DEEE DOOOO DEEE DOOOO MUSIC EVERY 5 SECONDS WHILE CULKIN AND GERWIG DRIVE AROUND IN THE VAN ALMOST MADE ME VOMIT

A BETTER AMAZON ORIGINAL IS MAD DOGS, REMAKE OF THE BRITISH SHOW

ITS LIKE A 10 HOUR EPISODE OF LOCKED UP ABROAD, BREDDY GUD

Worse than cop dog?

The more literal the advertising, the better the film.

You guys never saw a Todd SOlondz film before? Wow, I didn't realize how terrible this board has gotten. Stay away from the good stuff. Stick to your capeshit or Netfix cinema.

>dachshund
>Dog isnt a Nazi

What do you think of Todd Solondz in geneal?

My favorite director. The way he manages to draw sympathy from such horrible people is a masterful talent.

He's a good example of the typical Jewish racial soul: neurotic, nihilistic filth and pathetic misery.

>nihilistic
You don't understand what he's trying to do at all.

I think Solondz is a pretty cool guy. eh makes black comedies and doesn't afraid of anything.

Too bitter. Winds up hurting his work.

THE ONLY GOOD PART WAS HIS PORTRAYAL OF THE SJW ART SCHOOL STUDENTS TALKING ABOUT THEIR GENDER FLUID MOVIE AND TRYING TO GET THEIR PROFESSOR FIRED, THEN THE HOTDOG WALKS BY IN A TUTU WITH A BOMB STRAPPED TO HIM KEK

AND THE DOUCHEBAG ONE-NAME ARTIST WHO STUFFS THE DOG AT THE END, WHO CHEATS ON HIS WHITE SLUT WHOS IN AN INTERRACIAL RELATIONSHIP JUST TO BE HIP
>FUCKING DAMIAN HIRST

THE MOVIE IS WELL WRITTEN BUT ITS PRETENTIOUS AS SHIT

Then you have shit taste.

You actually legitimately sound pretentious, so maybe the movie stuck in your craw a bit. Is it hard to look in a mirror?

>hurr I put a gorey dying dog in my film am I edgy yet?

>Hey guys! I've never watched a Todd Solondz movie before! Look at meeeeeeeeeeee

If you really thought that was trying to be edgy then you should just stop watching movies. They will just continue to frighten and confuse you

THE LAST TWO STORIES HAD GOOD SATIRE ELEMENTS SHITTING ON THE SJW NYC ARTFAG SCENE FROM A POSITION OF DEEP KNOWLEDGE

THE FIRST TWO STORIES WERE JUST AIMLESS SHIT, FF THE WHOLE FIRST HOUR OF THE MOVIE AND ITS DECENT

BUT ONLY IF YOU GET THE REFERENCES, THE SCRIPT READS LIKE A TRYHARD TUMBLR BLOG, WHICH IF PRE-POST-IRONIC WAS WELL DONE

While I agree the second half was better than the first, there is still a ton of great satire elements in the first two stories
>The story about the rapist dog named Muhammad
>The sad mariachi band who thinks America is more depressing than war-torn Mexico
These scenes could only come from someone like Solondz.

it was a sweet movie. the road trip part was very nice as well as the first part with the kid. i thought the old ladys dream was a bit too much. but overall nice and good

>And this is the you who decided to leave better tips
Biggest laugh of the movie. I loved that scene.

You only think in linear movements.

>FUCK DAMIEN HIRST

oh come on, this movie had some good moments.

Solondz's movies are about the death of the soul. No nihilism at all. Maybe you'll see that when his next movie comes out.

>Maybe you'll see that when his next movie comes out.

Again, more linear thinking that is not logical for your point of view.

Linear thinking is the most efficient way to come away with a viewpoint you dumb motherfucker.

No, it's the easiest.

ballad of wiener-dog was sweet though

Seems like you don't do as much thinking as you do accusing.

Thanks for not disagreeing.

Mathematics is more than straight lines.

It was fantastic. The only people who seem to dislike it are those who have never seen a Todd Solodnz film before and thought it was going to be a fun film about a dog.

What's your problem, dude? There's a specific window where people can get into Solondz filmography? Frick off.

the dog dies, violently

This.

>B-BUT IT WAS GROSS!

Stick to your dc/marvel threads

>Todd Solondz
Had it not been for the talent of the actors involved, Happiness would have been the worst movie I have ever seen.

>>B-BUT IT WAS GROSS!

gross isn't the right term here and i think you're missing the point. showing a two minute long scene of dog vomit and diarrhea.. why, exactly? what is the fucking point? i don't want to stare at literal piles of vomit and shit. it isn't funny, it isn't interesting, it isn't profound, it's a complete waste of my fucking time.

fuck this film.

Honestly, stick to more casual films. This one's gone right over your head.

i'm sure in all of your teenage wisdom you think a scene of a trail of shit and vomit has changed your outlook on life but some of us can spot a fucking hack when we see one, and todd solondz should have never been given money.