What do you think about Titan?

What do you think about Titan?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4ukDbPi_0Gw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hell of a nice moon.

Titan is the largest moon of Saturn. It is the only moon known to have a dense atmosphere, and the only object in space other than Earth where clear evidence of stable bodies of surface liquid has been found.

Decent early-game plastid farm.

Discovered in 1655.

Titan is primarily composed of water ice and rocky material. Much as with Venus before the Space Age, the dense opaque atmosphere prevented understanding of Titan's surface until new information from the Cassini–Huygens mission in 2004, including the discovery of liquid hydrocarbon lakes in Titan's polar regions. The geologically young surface is generally smooth, with few impact craters, although mountains and several possible cryovolcanoes have been found.

More of a planet than that bitch ass Pluto.

Pretty big. I think I like it!

We should terraform the shit out of it

it's a big orange bastard, possible homeworld of trump

Titan was discovered on March 25, 1655 by the Dutch astronomer Christiaan Huygens.[10][11] Huygens was inspired by Galileo's discovery of Jupiter's four largest moons in 1610 and his improvements in telescope technology. Christiaan, with the help of his brother Constantijn Huygens, Jr., began building telescopes around 1650 and discovered the first observed moon orbiting Saturn with one of the telescopes they built.[12] It was the sixth moon to be discovered.

she thicc

lmao was thinking the same thing cause my retard mind goes to warframe and not the actual moon

He is a fucking strong ancient god.

Titan orbits Saturn once every 15 days and 22 hours. Like the Moon and many of the satellites of the giant planets, its rotational period (its day) is identical to its orbital period; Titan is tidally locked in synchronous rotation with Saturn, and permanently shows one face to the planet, so Titan's "day" is equal to its orbit period. Because of this, there is a sub-Saturnian point on its surface, from which the planet would always appear to hang directly overhead. Longitudes on Titan are measured westward, starting from the meridian passing through this point.[17] Its orbital eccentricity is 0.0288, and the orbital plane is inclined 0.348 degrees relative to the Saturnian equator.[2] Viewed from Earth, Titan reaches an angular distance of about 20 Saturn radii (just over 1,200,000 kilometers (750,000 mi)) from Saturn and subtends a disk 0.8 arcseconds in diameter.

Too cold

Trips of terraform.
Someone call Elon.

Tethys is where it's at, mate.

lmfao

But water

It's smaller than Uranus.

It's out here somewhere.

What if Saturn was behind the sun when this pic was taken?

And even smaller than urmomsaus

Roll

wasn't jenkem a nigger thing?

always loved this painting of Titan

terraforming doesnt work if the planet doesnt produce a magnetic field

and gravity isnt the same as magnetic field in this case

you need the magnetic field if you dont want to stroll around in a 3 inch thick lead armour because otherwise the radiation would kill you.

for example mars cannot be terraformed unless we find out how to somehow restart the metal core of the planet

youtube.com/watch?v=4ukDbPi_0Gw

B-b-but my thermonuclear explosions over the poles of Mars?

Is Titan that small guy on the left.

Correctomundo, we have long ago figured out that a magnetosphere is needed to harbour life on any celestial body.

Best class, good jump

>Y-y-you can fly?
>No, jump good

>skate better

pretty chill dude, will fuck you up if you make fun of him tho

it's supposed to be view from the surface. kinda antiquated because atmosphere isn't that clear but was painted in 1954.

painting is Saturn As Seen From Titan by pioneer of space art Chesley Bonestell

I can fap to this

that's Trump with a capital T, peasant.

this picture is facing away from the solar system..

Do it and post pic or webm

still is

It's just CGI fag...

I find the idea that ammonia based life could be present highly interesting. Unlikely, but interesting.

We should mount an attack on it.

Not unless it has a firmament...

Sounds like a plan.

Not to mention that it would need to develop independent of carbon based biology