Sup Forums says Civil War is all quips

>Sup Forums says Civil War is all quips
>the only people that quip are Iron Man, Paul Rudd and Spider-man which is as it should be
did anyone here actually see this movie or are you all just memeing with cherrypicked pictures?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11154401
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ofcourse it's shitposting. The DCucks are still angry about 27%

yeah the quips were bearable this time
they still went full retard with them during the airport fight

Kill yourselves.

You're good.

Yes they kept the quips to the quip containment characters, but "muh quips" is a retarded argument against capeshit because superhero comics have always been full of them.

>they still went full retard with them during the airport fight
>we're still friends
>You guys see that really old movie, Empire Strikes Back
>Orange slices
These are the only jokes in that whole scene. Orange slices isn't even a quip.

>you couldn't have done that sooner?
>I hate you

>Give me back my Rhodey

>I thought that was a water truck! XD

Forgot
>Multiple contusions detected
>Yeah I detected that too

>billed as massive clash of principle, character and ideology - Marvel finally "goes dark"
>the main event is a slapstick affair of quips and Three Stooges-esque comedy grunting

Yeah, those last two aren't quips

>you couldn't have done that sooner?
>I hate you

>Multiple contusions detected
>Yeah I detected that too

That's technically banter. Not good banter mind you but it's not a quip

I don't recall Sup Forums saying it was all quips though, just that it was really mediocre-to-bad.

And that consensus is still right. The few quippy bits that were present were exceptionally bad even by MCU standards, the whole airport sequence feels so tonally separate it's like another movie, the shoehorning of plot threads from the other films makes it less of a cohesive universe and more of a big sloppy mess, the camerawork is god awful with some of the worst shaky-cam effects I've ever seen in a big budget film, and there was a cavalcade of lesser stupid bullshit like the giant lettering over locations and unnecessary set-ups for future films, etc.

It wasn't as bad as Age of Ultron or Thor 2 but it's definitely in the lower tier of Marvel flicks and "Marvel flicks" isn't exactly a sterling category in the first place.

You forgot:
>underoos
>I could have stuck the landing a little better, it's just.. new suit
>everybody has a gimmick now
>I don't know if you've ever been in a fight but there's usually not this much talking >I'm sorry
>I don't really want to hurt you. >I wouldn't stress about it >kicks him in the nuts
>retirement doesn't suit you, got tired of golf? >well I played 18, shot 18, can't seem to miss >shoots, misses >there's a first for everything >orly.jpg

The 80% of the dialogue in that fightscene were quips.

They took an event that should have been a calamitous universe-wrecking affair and made it filler while they think of things to do until Thanos arrives.

The definition of a quip is literally "witty remark". Also a synonym of fucking banter. I really hate faggots like you.

how is underoos a quip

it's not even a joke really

A quip is a witty remark. Underoos is a witty remark on his outfit. That's how it's a quip. The fact that I have to explain this worries me.

Let's solve this forever
strawpoll.me/11154401

You're really stretching on this

>Kinoseur Examination
>literally crosses out the classical propaganda cinema ones and leaves the comic appeasing ones
this is how you know neo/tv/ is in full effect.

The purpose of all these lines is to make people laugh. None of them adds any drama to this supposed dramatic event.

The whole movie is a bait and switch. Ow, you were expecting a dramatic shift in the status quo? Here are some jokes, have some fun!

They're clearly talking about 'quips' in the sense of wacky comedy lines interspersed throughout what should have been a dramatic fight scene.

Stop being such a fucking autist and trying to pick them up on a technicality.

>classical propaganda cinema ones
But they aren't

It's not off the cuff though, a remark is a live reaction. It's not witty when Tony says it its just goofy to the audience that their signal is underoos.

No he isn't.

Which is the same shit they pulled with Age of Ultron. Remember how all the trailers used the "creepy" music and had a decidedly darker tone?

GOD DAMN I FUCKING LOVE TALKING ABOUT SUPERHERO MOVIES EVERY SINGLE DAY LIKE THIS YOU GUYS.
CAN WE ARGUE OVER OUR FAVORITE NARUTO CHARACTERS NEXT?

>It's not off the cuff though,

Ow yea, Tony had that line prepared for just the occasion. Dude please, if you liked the movie that's fine. Just don't be retarded about it.

ITT& every Sup Forums thread: asspained DCfriends and shitposters pretend Civil War isn't a perfectly fine 8/10 blockbuster

>8/10
You are everything that's wrong with the state of Hollywood. You are part of the reason why 2016 has been shit so far. Do the rest of the world a favor and remove yourself from it.

the dude what had the bugs living inside him was obviously the best naruto

>You are part of the reason why 2016 has been shit so far
I'm pretty sure that was BvS and Suicide Squad's fault.

>>the only people that quip are Iron Man, Paul Rudd and Spider-man which is as it should be

And Widow, and Hawkeye, and Rhodey...

Emo Naruto best Naruto

>he doesn't see the allusions to triumph and olympia
You are everything wrong with Sup Forums in 2016. Come back when you get out of /r/moviecore

and Falcon

>we're still friends right?
>Depends on how hard you quip me

And Cap, Ross, Bucky and Black Panther.

This

When will DC fags learn

Might Guy best character

Explain how its unfitting for the characters and context instead of just implying you didn't like these quotes

because it's like joking at a funeral

this fight was supposed to be dramatic, not a slapfight with some banter

Give me a side by side comparison user
Surely you'll be able to produce it

He said that the only jokes were orange slices and the empire reference.Those lines fall into the joke category.
I actually like Civil War but these hardcore marvelfags are delusional.

You mean like the unfunny line "I thought she was with you" in the midst of a serious life threatning event.
At least MCU humor hits more than not.

No it wasn't. The Tony vs cap fight is suppose to be dramatic.

The airport fight is suppose to be orgasmic fun

>But DC
You're the only one bringing up DC faggot.

>not realizing that that line was there because people complained that DC was too "dark"

I agree, DC shouldn't try to be Marvel.

>You are part of the reason why 2016 has been shit so far

What do you think of the films in my image? They were all released recently.

What's that? You haven't seen any of them? Well isn't that a shocker. Now settle down and try to refrain from thinking anybody on this board gives a slightest fuck of what a plebeian like you thinks of an artistic medium.

>the movie is called Civil War
>it's only about Iron Man V Captain America

Sure buddy.

What you wanted it to be is not valid criticism to say its bad. It succeeded in what it wanted to be, saying you dont like the direction doesn't mean it's bad, its a fundamental criticism. Iron Man says "try not to hurt them" it is clear as day what the intention is and you're just whining its not what you wanted rather than finding actual flaws. If you had actually described to me how those lines are unfitting of the characters that would be one thing. None of them hate each other, Tony went in wanting them to agree to come in and it got more intense than he though but eveyone is still friends or has no reason to want to fucking murder each other. The ariport scene was supposed to be fun and set the stage for the much more serious third act, which is like the true "funeral" and has no "quips" in it either during the fight or drama surrounding it. Why? Because its a serious situation with no characters in it who are supposed to be comedic in that context. They dont just shove humor into every possible little thing as you're painting it.

The point is DCU is now trying HARD to copy MCU humor and failing miserably.
So the shit you DC idiots are complaining about in the mcu is what WB/DC is actually trying to go for now.
The difference is they come off as unfunny , forced , and cringe worthy.

>conveniently leaving out the context

I was talking about hollywood blockbusters

Which one in your image was a hollywood blockbuster?

Yes, it is. They are the main characters and source of conflict.

>The point is DCU is now trying HARD to copy MCU humor
Because faggots like you keep whining about DC having no humor.

Not only is it unfunny, its nonsensical

WW literally never said a single word to Superman in that entire piece of shit movie

Then why call it Civil War?

Let's get something straight. The reason DCU movies are shit is not because of not having humor or being dark. It's because they're badly made movies have bad plots, badly edited, and not understanding The source material, amongst other things that are wrong with the films as well.

It was reasonable for Batman to assume that WW was maybe a kryptonian because of her feats.
Again, the fact that this has to be explained proves that the average IQ of a Marvelfag is below average.

The point is this a thread discussing Civil War and you keep bringing up DC.

What kind of answer do you expect, as if I am personally responsible for that decision? Ok, clearly you're saying the title is unfitting. I personally couldn't care any less than I do now. I am simply telling you the reality of the situation that the story revolves around certain main characters, and even most war movies do as well. Not that this is a war movie, as im sure you're so eager to point out and attempt to argue over.

>It's because they're badly made movies
Wrong.
>badly edited
Unless you're talking about the theatrical cut, you're wrong.
>and not understanding The source material
Even a five year old understands the source material. Don't pretend like these comic books or their characters are hard to understand.
Some directors actually have their own vision and re-imagining characters is nothing new to the genre.

That water truck thing wasn't a quip though
It was the moment of escalation in the fight because Ant Man fucked up

>snyderfags will never stop the mental gymnastics
lol

>I don't understand this thing
>someone explains it
>dude mental gymnastics lmao xDD

This is why people laugh at capeshitters.

It was meant to make the audience laugh. Quit being retarded.

>he says as desperate marvelfags are trying to say quips aren't quips

Can I be mad that no characters died in this movie?

Like it was softball the whole way and, shit, half the actors in it are tired of their roles and looking for a way out anyway.

Captain America quips as well.

>Its me, your conscience, we haven't talked in a while!

Ant Man literally got caught fucking up Tonys suit for a quip

I was more disappointed that it wasn't a captain America movie and that was an avengers-lite flick instead.

''everybody has a gimmick''

Yea, you could. But then you could also watch Age of Ultron, realize it has a death in it, and that you're a fucking retard.

What would be your explanation of the Avengers not being there be? After Age of Ultron Captain America leads and lives with a new team of Avengers. It is unavoidable and this way theyre not shoehorened in and have little bits of character development and personality. Its still about Captain America in the first and third act with only Tony as his antaganist sorta. It wouldnt be possible without Bucky and Zemo, both Captain America characters who the third act is also all about.

When did I mention Age of Ultron?

Man you're just chomping at the bit to insult someone aren't you?

If anything Age of Ultron is the worst offender for being so quip-tastic.

I did love Ultron as a character but half of what he said were quips and the heroes kept making jokes in a situation that was marketed as a very dramatic event.

My favorite part unironically was when Ant Man said "something just flew in me!"

dont fall for the dcuck memes faggot

Plenty of people died. Why is it it only matters to people when one of the main heroes die?

Does it have the same impact when extra #236 dies as it does when a main character dies?

>Age of Ultron, realize it has a death in it, and that you're a fucking retard.

Remember when Ultron kidnapped that Asian scientist and then he shot her with one of his rays and... she didn't even died or bleed?

Im talking about the fact that a death doesn't make a story better and a worse, shitty movie has one. Its called an analogy, I mentioned it, not you. Fucking idiot.

This literally happened in the first Avengers.
>hundreds of people die in chaos
>business as usual
>one character with a name dies
>all the Avengers and SHIELD members go through a dramatic mourning scene

>blood
>in a marvel movie

Yea she did a little bit. And arrow guy was bleeding with speedster.

coulson was an established character, not a random extra

you marvelfags are pathetic

Woah, you mean like this??

Why isn't Tony in jail for creating Ultron?

How do you miss the point that bad

Why isn't Wanda in jail for manslaughter?

Banner should be in jail too.

Did they say the public knows about Tony creating Ultron? i know that black woman with her son blamed them for not saving her son and collateral damage.

Why do you guys think Civil War happened?

Why isn't the united states in jail for summoning loki?

Bucky too.

Why isn't the galaxy in jail for harboring Thanos?

That's hardly a quip, it's more a grumble. Something he would say.

What would you want them to say, anyway? "fuck my life, i'm so sad/angry". Not talking at all? It's a movie.

He is. The galaxy gave him his own half of the galaxy so he'd leave the rest alone.

I finally watched this today and I thought it was okay. Not great, but better than Age of Ultron.

Also, it made me watch Ant-man because he was my favorite part of the movie, and Ant-man was pretty good. So no regrets there.