Sup Sup Forums some guy got my ip and threatened me to do whatever he tells me to or I'll have problems...

Sup Sup Forums some guy got my ip and threatened me to do whatever he tells me to or I'll have problems. Can he do anything with just my ip? He doesn't know my name or where I live.

They can derive your general location depending on your isp

He could ddos you

post ur ip and ill protect u

Unplug the router, or just leave mcdonalds you phone burger.

Ignore him you will be fine

Hahahahahhahaha you're fucked if you meet the wrong guy. I can throw your Internet off for days and I'm a fucking NEET. You probably made someone pissed on ps3 or something. Youre probably fucked but not most likely. Just wait and see. BTW not even a good hacker can trace your actually adress so don't worry about that. And if he does something you probably deserve it. Good luck user!

Just get a new IP fam.

You can't chance your IP unless you're using VPN.

No
Chances are, you'll get a new one soon anyway (DHCP)

Get tails (you can find instructions on how to do this on their website), re-boot in a different desktop, and you'll be fine.

This is so cringy, I couldn't finish reading it

go on cmd, typ ipconfig/all find out if any trafic from unknow´n places if so log on router press hide location and download a hotspot and u'll be alright

Give me your IP and I proof it for 5 minutes.

>itt
Problems for 10 year olds

Are you acoustic or is this just b8

Yes you can. Just turn off your router, change its MAC address, and turn it back on. That should give you a new address. If that doesn't work I've heard some ISPs will give you a new IP upon request to their customer service.
That doesn't work that way.

Why are u so scared? I'll just turn it off to proof my point. You're the retard here.

Are you behind a router?
If so, don't worry about it

you clearly don't know shit.

Every website you've ever been to knows your IP (at least, the IP you had at the time)

What is it that I don't know?
Routers provide pretty good protection thanks to firewalls and NAT

I wasn't op but your post was retarded thats why i replied. Anybody can change their IP, just turn your router off for a few seconds.

Static IP address & shared IP address

Learn the difference

I think you're responding to bait.

You are truly retarded sorry.

What kind of information he can gather from your IP address alone is hard to know exactly, depending on a number of factors.

But let me be clear, if he is skilled, devoted and resourceful, he can make a living hell for you. Question is, does he have a strong enough motive?

how. You're the one who's a fucking mongloid if you don't know even know how to change your IP

You can see the city you're living in and ISP location. Internet provider and packet info. That's about it.

Can you be more specific, or are you just talking out of your ass?

give me what I need, and i´ll prove you wrong.

No, that's not nearly it.

There are hundreds of methods to tie an IP to various pieces of information. Together these pieces can say A LOT about a person. In many cases enough to blackmail them.

Please, don't listen to these idiots.

I literally didn't do anything wrong to the guy, one day he just asked me to accept his call on steam and then was laughing at me how he has my ip now.

Location information from IP alone is pretty unreliable too
Every site gets it wrong for me

It all depends on your ISP, really. Some are really easy to track all sorts of data just using the IP, others not so much. Also, if you have a dynamic IP, you're fine.

Nobody uses static IPs anymore. My ISP only lets you have a static IP as an additional add-on to a business account. OP most likely doesn't have one.
He is probably a script kiddy who doesn't know shit.

Or you could stop being a faggot and use your words to prove me wrong
But I guess you can't, or you would have already

you better get to suckin that dick boy. hackerbro is not a patient man

>has no idea what a dynamic IP is
>probably would've loaded up LOIC to "proof" his shit

Well, it depends on the ISP, how static the IP is (again, depends on the ISP), how careful the user has been on the internet previously (did he own accounts on hacked sites where emails/username and passwords has been tied to IPs) and so on.

Has he proved that he has your IP, or did he just say so?
You can check out whatismyip.com to confirm

That's not something I would worry about.

If he accepted a steam call then he probably knows.

Unless he manages to social enginer the ISP for more information on OP, he isn't going to get anything more than basic location information. (a city at best, probably not even OP's city, just the one his ISP is located in)

Unless the guy is somehow going to gather the IP's of some shady sites and finds one that matchs OP's, the guy isn't going to get anything for blackmail either.

Who uses the call feature on steam?

I didn't even know there was a call feature on steam

Ok, you're dumb.

End of discussion.

Prove me wrong. Take a random IP, show some information you can tie it to. If you honestly can find any traffic going to and from the IP, i'd be amazed.

Yeah I checked my ip on some sites and it was my for sure.
Altho I'm wondering about one thing - the ip shows I'm from a city like 100km away which is my internet provider's HQ or whatever it's called. Does that mean that if he'd try to ddos me he'd actually be ddosing them and get in trouble with law or something?

No. He would be ddosing you. It's still illegal though, although poorly enforced.

When you purchase an internet package from an internet provider, you're really renting access to their internet access point. All of your traffic goes through your provider, before it comes to you..

So your provider would see all of the traffic, it wouldn't be enough to DDOS them, but they would definitely see it, may be kind enough to block it, but it would eventually come back to you and DDOS you.

But honestly, do what other people in the thread have said. Turn off your router for a few second, then turn it back on. You'll have a new IP and the guy won't be able to do shit

How did he contact you?

lmao thats an old way to get one's ip. The steam voice call. There are literally thousands of youtube videos of it, he's a script kiddo and cant harm you in any way. chillax

loic is pretty good

once ddos a an asshole from my school, he lost internet a whole week because they didnt knew how to reset their router

I'm pretty sure there are still like 30m open DNS resolvers. LOIC is pretty old.

you cannot ddos someone using only your own connection. and loic is just a flooder with no botnet. go back to bed, kiddo.

no need to change mac address. restart is enough.

post it here so we can backtrace him

>but check these dubs tho

Now everybody's an expert here. Good fucking job trying to boost your ego to some basement dwelling faggots.

Don't most ISPs use like 8 hour lease times? I thought if you just reconnect with the same MAC you'll get the same IP if the lease hasn't expired.

dunno what the standard is in murrica, but here you get a new ip every time you restart.

we got no standards here in murrica

He's not lying OP