/got/ general

how long will this thread last

Azor literally our ship

Literally the best political match taking into account fertility, succession and age.

nobody cares

Definitive:

S1: 9/10
S2: 7/10
S3: 8/10
S4: 8/10
S5: 3/10
S6: 5/10

Is grrm going to be remembered as one of the most disappointing writers ever in the wars to come?

The reality of the situation must be crushing him.

If he dies with the series unfinished, 100 years from now people will remember the show's adaptation more so than the books or author

S1: 10/10
S2: 8/10
S3: 9/10
S4: 6/10
S5: 2/10
S6: 3/10

Mine:
S1 - 9.25/10
S2 - 8/10
S3 - 8.5/10
S4 - 7/10
S5 - 2.5/10
S6 - 3/10

S1: 9/10
S2: 7/10
S3: 7/10
S4: 6/10
S5: 0/10
S6: 1/10

S1 10/10
S2 7/10
S3 8,5/10
S4 7/10
S5 2/10
S6 5,5/10

This user did .

I'll inception the lot of you

nobody cares

You didn't like Hardhome?

No

Why not?

>“Now these were the days before the Andals came, and long before the women fled across the narrow sea from the cities of the Rhoyne, and the hundred kingdoms of those times were the kingdoms of the First Men, who had taken these lands from the children of the forest. Yet here and there in the fastness of the woods the children still lived in their wooden cities and hollow hills, and the faces in the trees kept watch. So as cold and death filled the earth, the last hero determined to seek out the children, in the hopes that their ancient magics could win back what the armies of men had lost. He set out into the dead lands with a sword, a horse, a dog, and a dozen companions. For years he searched, until he despaired of ever finding the children of the forest in their secret cities. One by one his friends died, and his horse, and finally even his dog, and his sword froze so hard the blade snapped when he tried to use it. And the Others smelled the hot blood in him, and came silent on his trail, stalking him with packs of pale white spiders big as hounds-”
>The door opened with a bang, and Bran’s heart leapt up into his mouth in sudden fear, but it was only Maester Luwin, with Hodor looming in the stairway behind him. “Hodor!” the stableboy announced, as was his custom, smiling hugely at them all.
>Maester Luwin was not smiling. “We have visitors,” he announced, “and your presence is required, Bran.”
>“I’m listening to a story now,” Bran complained.
>“Stories wait, my little lord, and when you come back to them, why, there they are."

you now realize the Children = the Starks and the end of this story is also the end of ASOIAF

>s6 anything lower than a 7
pleb taste

are you sure its not you that is the pleb?

the fuck is wrong with you edgelord

Aside from a few moments, s6 was solid. I'm starting to think you faggots don't even like the show if that's the rating you give.

Go back to plebbit.

no you

Will Cersei bother hiding her relationship with Jaime at this point?

Probably not but I'm pretty sure Jaime will write her off by mid season at the rate things are going.

Will he kill her and become king like he was in the original outline?

>you didn't like hardhome?

Why is it expected that we have to like Hardhome?

Because it has action?
I don't watch GoT for actions, I could watch any michael bay movie for that.

It used to have good scripts and excellent character development, now it all went to shit and complains about it are often met with "But hardhome was great!" "The battle of the bastards was EPIC SCALE" and shit like that.

I don't care about any of that.
If I wanted to watch big battle scenes I could just watch any movie about medieval battles, they're usually done better and the script is so ridiculously bad.

I read asoiaf for the story and the characters, and watched early seasons GoT for the same reason. I think most people do.

Hell there's barely even any battle description in the books and no one gives a fuck.

There's a reason why scenes that comes to mind when people are asked about favorite chapters in the books are all about speeches and great dialogues ( meribald, euron, jaime, etc.. ) or about great character-development driven moments (jaime throwing the letter in the fire, Theon thinking he should've stayed loyal to the Stark and died with them if need be, etc.. ).

(cont) just to precise my thoughts... I do not mean taht these 2 episodes were bad or boring...

Action paced like that, you can't really get bored watching it.

But I'd like to watch GoT for reasons other than "not be bored", and tehre isn't much of that anymore.

The Night King = Brandon the Builder = Coldhands
>I'm your monster, Brandon Stark

he was introducing himself

Because i dont care about spectacle. none of the battle episodes do it for me except blackwater because of its narrative setup.

whats with these tumblr tier reaction images, kill yourself

>hardhome
>no narrative set up
u w8t

>knowing what comes from tumblr
looks like you are the faggot here lad

thats literally not what I said. they all have a narrative setup. that doesnt make it good.

>admitting they came from tumblr

go back.

nah m8 i got that from here long ago so if you want you can find the OP faggot but he's probably long gone I'd wager

I didn't like Hardhome either.

post 10/10 fan art

y

why are you taking it so personally, just get over it

it was just a question fuck, do you have reasons or are you just bandwagoning at this point?

Also GoT is life and yes I am autistic

nice fucked up anatomy on whoever thats supposed to be in the middle

looks pretty standard for fan art to me

And it's Dany

why does he seem like the epitome of the douchebag nohomo sailing team socks with sandals drink-roofieing "my parents paid my way through private school" fratbro stereotype

........her torso is about a foot and a half above her pelvis.

Hardhomw is empty spectacle is why. Hardhome should change everything, yet it has no effect on the plot and as if it never occured. Jon should never be stabbed but because the hacks wanted Le shocking finale they just go on as if naught changed. Then in S6 Jon fucks off and pretends the watch's purpose is non-existenxt/unimportant to him now and he always wanted to leave which he had the chqnce to in S5 but didnt cause d&d cant write consistently. So he leaves hes post full of people who were at hardhome and fought with him and fought the mutineers to save his dead body at their own lofe etc. then the only others and wight progression we get in S6 are World war z shite in bran's "story" where their orgons is treated less than important than hodor's name and backstory. Plus it doesnt help that it ate so much s5 budget that Stannis gets off screened as fuck in the last episode.

I see what you're saying but I think he fucked off in order to rally the north and the rest of the realm to fight. At least that's how I took it.
There's no was they can hold the wall with....what...? A couple thousand wildlings and a few NW? They will need at least the north and anyone else they can gather.

Also I'm drunk

I wpuld have been totally fine if thats how they framed it. However, they set it up as him flat out leaving and not caring what happens at the wall and not trying to warn other lords. Typical d&d eh?

Good night fgt senpai, nice shit posting with you but i'm drunk and going to bed now. pls die.

agreed fucking DnD at it again, i just hope that if there are any follow up series/movies they aren't in charge

>Then in S6 Jon fucks off and pretends the watch's purpose is non-existenxt/unimportant to him now and he always wanted to leave which he had the chqnce to in S5

Priorities change when you get betrayed and murdered

whoosh...

At first he did just wanna fuck off South and leave all that behind but Sansa's mission helped set him straight since he did mention needing to take Winterfell to fight off the Walkers in the meeting in episode 5 and to Lyanna

No

Sophie's gotten her award from the Festival.

Hopefully gonna be headed back soon for the show

hopefully gonna head back to post pictures of her ass everywhere.

Ass is the past, she's flat back there anyway.

She gave glorious sideboob at the festival however

Who out of everyone left alive regardless of position, would be the best king and ruler of the Seven Kingdoms? Discounting Tyrion.

inb4 Jon, he doesn't know shit about politics and would die like Ned in a forthnight of being at King's Landing.

If we're going entirely based on the ruler and disregarding advisers, then probably Littlefinger. He's the only person who has experience of King's Landing, isn't dangerously insane, and has existing relationships with the Tyrells, Starks, and Arryns.

If we're considering advisers, probably Dany, assuming she listens to Tyrion and Jorah more than she listens to herself. This would be even more suitable if D&D hadn't killed Barristan.

ITT: characters that are literally impossible to dislike

BRAN
IS
CUTE

CIA would be a terrible ruler.

He cares about no one and nothing and has no scruples about getting rid of people to get his way.

It's good to be capable of that, but not when it's your primary attribute

au contraire, i think CIA has the most scruples

No, he's even screwed over all three of those families to get what he wants.

FUCK YOU KIT

Kit's in New York with Rose Leslie,

Why the fuck hasn't he gone to Belfast yet?

Is filming really not gonna start for his character until after the Emmys or something like November?

I suppose you're right, but I'd be very curious to see him on the throne. His character is defined by his constant attempts to attain new, more powerful positions. It'd be interesting to see him at the top of this "ladder" he's obsessed with climbing.

I wonder if he'd try to start shit with the Free Cities in an attempt to increase the size of his empire. If it were possible for GRRM to finish ASoIaF at this point, that might actually be a neat followup.

>I wonder if he'd try to start shit with the Free Cities

I'm guessing he'd try but the Iron Bank may be smart enough to know if he'd be trying any economic shit on them and the rest of the Free Cities. And being in a high position like King and a foreigner (born in Westeros and all) obviously means they won't underestimate him or see him as a friend, so military intervention might be his primary means.

But with Westeros being really fucked up if he were to somehow become king at the end and still owing the Iron Bank a lot of money, he'd be in a really bad position

In the books? probably Aegon. Seems like a decent enough lad who's more or less lived like a peasant, has been instructed pretty diligently in a lot of different subjects, has some solid and experienced advisors, and most importantly has a name that would hopefully more or less quell any potential rebellions in a way no other ruler besides Dany could.

In the show Olenna Tyrell might be a good choice, she's rich and powerful and seems pretty fair and politically savvy. Other than that I'd say Dany simply because she's got Tyrion and Varys advising her.

Who /daddy issues/ here?

The One True King.

This is the only acceptable answer. The one to sit the throne should be the one who is best at sitting.

NOT FIT TO SEED, NOT FIT TO LEAD.

But he really could if he didn't have some weird miscellaneous responsibilities as a Greenseer.

He has access to every moment of the reign of every King to ever rule. Just needs to make sure the time he takes journeying back in time like that doesn't have to equal real time and that he knows who, what and when to look for, and knows enough how to take and apply that lesson or policy to Westeros and the current situation.

And messing with people's minds, and warging every animal, and being able to see everything that's happened, happening or will happen.

A God King.

Can he really see anything that will happen?

Is he Yhwach level from Bleach?

Does he know what any change he might make might lead to before he even makes them?

Probably. Given the split season nature of the next two, I don't imagine Kit/Jon is gonna have much to do next season as he had in previous ones. S4-S6 all built to some big event up North with Jon fighting, but next season I expect the budget and focus to go towards building up some big Tyrion, Dany & Dragons vs. Cersei & Jaime setpiece/battle instead.

The Boltons are gone so the only conflicts in the North that could happen which are left are Littlefinger and a battle with the Others that will likely be saved for S8. So it kind of stands to reason that next year will be a quiet season in the North and Kit probably won't have to shoot as much.

I don't watch chinese cartoons so I don't know who is this guy your'e talking about.

Ideally the change ALREADY took place.

But you'd think by the 4th or 5th episode he'd also be involved with the Dany story. The Targaryen thing I feel should be introduced at least half way through and have people react to it before the next season.

And even before that they could involve him in the Riverlands story in some ways since those Houses would be helpless against the Lannisters and/or at least could again be good allies to the North.

>Ideally the change ALREADY took place.

Then that's a lot shittier.

If he sees a bad future, he won't know exactly how to change it and only when he makes a change does he know how far it will stretch or what the results will be but even that's based off of only the one change where one alternate choice led to a future could've been better if he made later changes rather than predicating it on the one choice now and running with it. And even the change he has to figure out himself what can or must be done and the steps to it since problems won't always just be presented with specific and detailed choices A, B C or D to make to address them.

He could be a great advisor though

I thought you talked about changing the past. About the future, most likely he'll know how to prevent it.

Do you think she's good in bed? I mean just because someone is famous, doesn't mean they're good in bed. usually means the opposite tbqh

But he hasn't shown that he'd somehow inherently know how to respond to a problem or something in the future.

He may see a problem in the future that needs to be prevented, but it would be up to him to figure out the actual steps of how to prevent it or stop it once it happens

>See Joffrey is about to execute Eddard
>Mindfuck Joffrey into not doing it

That fucking simple.

Not every problem is fixed by mindfucking.

And this is about the future, not the past

I AM talking about the future, just gave an example of something that happened in the books.

>Not every problem is fixed by mindfucking.

Again, just an example, you stupid autist. Stop assuming that everyone was the problem solving skills of a gerbil.

everyone has

Looking at Sansa being a retard in season 6 makes me realize she really does take after her mother.

Cat says Petyr is like a little brother and would never lie and how trustworthy he is, Petyr wants to fuck her and brags about taking her maidenhead which is very unbrotherly, lies from the very start to her about the dagger and even with the letter from Lysa, and betrays both her trust and Ned's.

Cat says she's known Walder Frey since she was a little girl and how he'd never harm her, Walder proceeds to kill her son, have him decapitated, and her own throat slashed and body thrown in the river

Tullys are a fucking disease

Why so angry faggot?

Because explaining stuff to stupid people is frustrating.

tips fedora

Fuck off Brad.

I'm not brad faggot

>"When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone"

Jon's blood in the snow is the red star

Darkness gathering were the Brothers of the watch coming together over his corpse and death

Born again is his resurrection.

Salt was Davos, a smuggler and sailor.

Smoke was Melisandre since her blood smokes, or the smoke from the fireplace.

Dragons from stone hasn't happened yet.

Screenshot this.

There is literally nothing wrong with going to private school and being part of a fraternity

We see you isaac

Stop defending your husbando

Prove me wrong.

Literally this, not even memeing

>But he really could if he didn't have some weird miscellaneous responsibilities as a Greenseer.

what are these miscellaneous responsibilities you speak of

chinese cartoons kek

Faggot.

>what are these miscellaneous responsibilities you speak of

Whatever it is that necessitated those thousands of dreamers to let roots pass through them as they aged and has Brynden doing the same thing and has them as the leaders of the Children instead of taking up more power and land and rule over men too.

Loser