Who else /cassette/ here? Post recent pickups if you can

Who else /cassette/ here? Post recent pickups if you can

WHy do you listen on cassette user? I'm not attacking you, I'm curious.

I got In Utero for 25 cents.

Physical media is nice, and some artists can't afford a major label to release records / CD's. It's also cheaper.

they're so small! they're cute!

>weezer
>fucking car seat headrest
kek

Oh. Nice I guess where do you find them?

:(

Online, record stores around me don't carry many tapes.

I liked the form factor of cassette tape releases

That's the only good thing I can say about them

I'm so jealous of that Twin Fantasy tape

I don't pick up tapes that often, so here's my full collection

How's the audio quality on cassettes compared to vinyl or CD?

It entirely depends on the genre. Cassettes warmth sound amazing with lofi pop, dream pop, psych, shoegaze, dirty hip hop, ambient...but a lot of people complain about sound quality because they're expecting a perfect recreation of their favorite digitally produced music ie death grips drones

good stuff

what a non-answer

Not sure about modern cassettes, but the ones in the 80's and 90's were pretty much rivaling hi-fi formats, due to tape material and Dolby noise reduction improvements.

Audio quality is obviously going to be lesser than both formats, but the difference is negligible if you have an average setup. And if you can afford a Hi-Fi stereo system you probably dont need to buy cassettes lol.

P.S.: But only if you have a decent cassette deck, instead of cheap-ass players and Walkman

Just got these bad boys here

Bump. I love cassettes. I picked these up recently.

how much xanax do you take in a day and how skinny are your arms

Bump

How much did you pay for the twin fantasy cassette? I mean it goes for a lot these days, and sounds like absolute shit.

What's a good portable cassette player?

I collect metal on cassette, typically death or death/black. Will post some of my favorites.

but the artists posted can defo afford it...

Didn't pay anything for it. Made a bootleg.

oh well

haha you got him!

But lots who release on cassette can't. Especially artists tryung to get their name out (I.E. Will Toledo's Twin Fantasy era albums). I buy a cassette of the album suits the format (gritty lo-fi albums) or if the art is expanded. Like with Pinkerton or AJJ's Knife Man.

trying* if** sorry for all the typos

how does it sound slowed down?

What do you mean????

on your tape deck, play a recording of it slowed down for me
"please"
Don't tell your deck doesn't have a slow down knob.

It doesn't, sorry :-(. What would you do with the recording in the first place man??

It might sound neat.

I'm trying to see if I'm right. Maybe I'm just retarded, but I'm thinking a bootleg of a presumably digital copy on cassette might have skips in it. Can anyone comfirm?

Nope. Mine plays fine. Most will as long as you have decent equipment.