First day of college starts in 1 week Any tips?

First day of college starts in 1 week Any tips?

bumping because I'm in the same boat

cocaine is an excellent study drug

Mary wauna

All my old buddies are using coke now and they havent started classes yet

just relax and I promise you'll make great friends

do everything you didn't do in high school
go to class even if it sucks
meet as many people as possible
go everywhere with everyone
get a job
don't waste the weekends studying
make friends with classmates and dorm mates; avoid hanging out with your roommates

shall I continue?

pic related: spin the bottle will get you pussy

1. Pay attention in class, don't go on your phone.
2. Arrive to class on time.
3. Review lecture notes at the end of the day. Doing this will keep things fresh in your mind and you won't have to compensate for it when you start studying for an exam.
4. Start studying for a test at least 3 days before the exam. For finals make it a week.
5. Hand written notes, shit works.
6. Have fun you fucking NEET. Go outside, party a bit, find friends, play vidya (A little bit). You will have down time and you will need it to stay same trying to stay on top of everything like classes and clubs and living.
I'm going into my sophomore year at college, good luck and I hope you get the 4.0
Also try to sleep well like big Shaq here.

Gfy

>Don't skip events during your welcome week or whatever they call it where you're going
You'll see the "cool" kids skipping the little gatherings and whatnot, and you'll be tempted to just sleep all day and/or do whatever the fuck you want. Don't. You'll make at least one good friend during this time, and a bunch of acquaintances that will make everything a lot easier.
>Don't force things with your roommate
You'll either be friends or you won't. I wasn't friends with my roommate; we mainly stayed out of each other’s way. What you do need to do asap is set boundaries: who can use whose stuff, that kind of thing.
>Get plugged in quickly
You have interests. And unless you're going to a super small school, there will be a group focused on that interest. Sitting around in your room playing vidya or studying isn't good for you, something I'll get to later. Just find reasons to leave your room.
>Find the local “spot”
This may be a coffee shop, a restaurant, a bar. Talk to the upperclassmen, and they’ll probably mention it. It’s important because this is where you’ll do a ton of socializing, plus it’s a good way to signal “yeah, I know what I’m doing.”

cont.
>If you get lost, only ask for directions as a last resort
There’s nothing more worthy of disdain than a freshman, wearing the free t shirt he got when he enrolled, wandering aimlessly around campus. Figure out where you’re going before classes start. Follow people that you have classes with. Which leads into my next point…
>Don’t act like a freshman
Don’t wear your orientation t shirt after orientation. Walk confidently. Don’t be afraid to ask questions, but don’t ask dumbass questions that you could easily figure out yourself.
>GO TO CLASS
Seriously. You think you’ll have no problem motivating yourself to go to class. I’m telling you that you will. But you have to go. Normally you can only miss class a handful of times before you automatically fail. Read your course syllabus for more specific info. But do it. Go to class. You don’t want flunk out and face your parents, do you?
>Study
Even if you took AP classes in high school, you still won’t be adequately prepared for the workload that will fall on your shoulders. It probably won’t be bad from day one, but you will get swamped eventually. You’ll need to keep a calendar and set up some kind of daily routine that ensures you can finish readings, papers, etc without having to forgo a shower.
And finally…
>Have fun
These are the best years of your life. Yeah studying is important, but if you can safely put it off, why not go to that party? Why not ask out that qt in your calculus class? Drink too much, go on spontaneous trips. Enjoy it while it lasts.

why ?
Watches at 0 $?

please continue

Hope you fail and kill yourself.

Fuck you and your advice.

how would one go about asking where the "spot" is without sounding like a 12 year old

sleep well, big shaq

Fuck off.

tourettes?

I wouldn't ask, but it will definitely come up in conversation.
>"Anybody wanna make a late night 'x' run?"
>"We're gonna go study at 'y' for exams"
You'll probably here 2 or 3 different places repeated quite often.

if your going to a private college, dorp ot now

No. Fuck all of you college faggots.

Fuck you. Kill yourself.

>t. too poor for college

what are you doing with your life you fucking neet? people like you need to off themselves

Suicide is a good option for you losers.

Don't you have to wake up early tomorrow morning to unstop the toilet I shit in?

ok that makes sense

Fuck off faggot.

that's what I thought, beta loser

good thread op

>do your assignments and study
>get to know your professors, they'll be more understanding with fuck ups
>scout some clubs, go back to the ones that interest you and have good people
>sleep where and whenever you can
>be super nice to the cafeteria staff, they may let you in for free
>never turn down a free meal

Have fun. Enjoy it.

In four years you'll be part of the real world, with a real job, bills to pay, shit to deal with. Right now is the sweet spot between old enough to have access to fun things, but no responsibility.

wear condoms
netflix and chill works (worked)
invite groups to chill not just that one hot chick
don't live with your parents if possible
balance social, studying, and school...i didnt
try to do the stuff you see in movies cause otherwise it will never happen and those dreams will be lost
stay on campus as much as possible during the school day to have the most possible connections with people irl
any bar that claims to be college friendly will suck, house parties are where its at

pic of my gf, met her at some random college bar that I got dragged to by my friend

Yes. You are there for ONE reason: get your degree.

Stay away from drinking and drugs.

You can do that in a few years. GET THAT DEGREE.

Trust me the years fly past. Dont waste this time.

>mfw I was in hospital for the first two weeks then ended up a friendless freshman

Just take care of yourself

i find it hard to believe that not being around for the first two weeks will result in disaster

Sleep well, Big Shaq.