Any Russians here who live east of the Urals?

What is it like in the asian portion of Russia, is it far less developed, more isolated, etc?

Other urls found in this thread:

flaghunters()github()io/Extra-Flags-for-Sup
dictionary.com/browse/colony
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Vladivostok has some posters afaik

It's like 5am there. I doubt you will find someone rn

USA! USA! USA!

Have you ever been or know anything about the area? I assume its incredibly diverse and varied because of its vast size but in general what can you say about it?

I live like 5k kilometers from there. The only thing I know it's cold and expensive as fuck

Vladivostok seems like a nice place to live because it's near japan and Kim won't nuke it.

There are a lot workers from nk there

I read somewhere the north koreans in Russia were just permitted to go work, buy their stuff in specific places and then go to their commie blocks. Is this accurate?

Yes afaik. Yeah have some curators from nk who supervisor and don't let them to escape

The ones VICE showed worked in labor camps in Siberia, they couldn't even leave the labor camp and it was located in a very remote area with nothing nearby except for railroads.

>some curators from nk who supervisor and don't let them to escape
Jeez, keeping the workers' families as hostages doesn't seem enough to them?

Where you from? What are crime rates in Russia like compared to US cities like New York or DC?

It is different everywhere, it's fucking huge

kek why does Russia mystify so many in the West?

They are just normal people you dullards.

Same reason why foreigners are so mystified by alaskans

wait shit no one cares about alaskans

never mind

They're interesting at first because their country is so large a part of both Europe and Asia. Most people don't realize that those areas are almost completely Russified so it's just more fucking Russia.

>expensive
Why?

Because there only way to deliver them food is by plane. Moreover cities are 500-600km from each other in general

is the infrastructure really that poor?

If you want to deliver milk or eggs by train for them be my guest. But I doubt anyone would buy it

>kek why does Russia mystify so many in the West?
Only people on Sup Forums are russiaboos, the average Westerner absolutely hates Russia

sounds like a business venture
but then I remember you have to work with russian gubment

I can't imagine how insane someone should be invest money into delivering food there. How to lose your money fast 101

Guess they also buy to Japan.

I think there's no real interest in modernizing productivity inside buildings with japanese tech or some underground facilities. Seems like all the money is invested in Moscow and nearest cities. I think you guys have a metro station which is the only one of the whole system.

>average Westerner absolutely hates Russia
proof or gtfo

It isn't, my grandparent helped hide one nk runaway back in the day.
His family was probably killed.

Fuck you, I hope all of your kind burn in a nuclear holocaust.
That enough proof? I'm as average as can be.

>people on Sup Forums are russiaboos

>I'm as average as can be
>doubt.jpg

>user says russians are just normal people
>posts an average russian girl (and she is a godess)

outside of Sup Forums of course

why are you so angry? what did I do to you?

why not go back and let the central asians have land back

>diverse and varied
Kind of

>Canada
why not go back and let the eskimos have land back

>eskimos
That is pejorative and offensive.
We say "Inuits" now

this map is so wrong
who painted that shit

The fuck are Slavs doing so far east

>have land back
But they've left their land. They have been living there since forever.

Why is it wrong m8?
Siberia is a Russian colony

>Siberia is a Russian colony
wat? shut the fuck up, fucking leaf

>Why is it wrong m8?
I am from Khakasia and it is definitely not Turkic. Khakassians make only about 10% of the population, only a few of them speak khakassian and none of them speaks it on daily basis. They are 100% Russian in terms of culture (I mean what they cook at homes, how they behave, what holidays they celebrate etc). The only way to tell the difference is eye slit. And I would say the same about Altai. Tuva is a Turkic shithole, though (when I say shithole I mean it is even shittier than average Russian federal subject). Many Russians left it in the 90s because of the amplifying anti-Russian movement there.

South of the Krasnoyarskii krai is definitely Russian. 100%. Don't know what is going on on its northern part, but I guess a very few people live there.

oops, forgot the pic of Khakassia

how would you know that? and no, i doubt that. they are different

how are we different?

Are you happy now ?

> a body of people (Russians) living in a new territory (Siberia) but retaining ties with the parent state (Russia)
Siberia is indeed was or is a russian colony.

Vladiostok is much closer than we think

you have bone in your brain

I thought Tuva was more mongolian? They've got a cool anthem.

What? No. How is that even possible?

then Canada is a colony, right? Or maybe Alaska?

there are still huge problems with this map. There is no Crimea on it. And I doubt that Luorawetlanic culture is somewhat relevant in those purple regions.

>then Canada is a colony, right?
No doubt about that.
Do you like Khakasia?

>Any Russians here who live east of the Urals?
Yep. I'm here.

It was a part of Mongolia. And a hell lot of different things before that. But they speak Tuvinian which is a Turkic language.

Yes, it nice here. We even have our own Eiffel tower

We're an ex-colony since we're independent
Alaska still one tho.
>Crimea
That's debatable and there are a few map with it

Sorry to pester you more, but
>ethnically mongolian
>russian republic
>turkic language
How did that happen?
Which area, might I ask?

>Which area, might I ask?
Tyumen region

Is it less developed more isolated and is it asian?

My yahweh I can't believe people ask questions like this.

I have questions too. Is the sky really blue? Is earth a sphere? etc

>Khakasia
just googling it, damn your place is unrealistic.

>a fucking leaf
There is no a single sign or an attribute of a colony. We have the same rights as everybody else in Russia, no one exploits us etc

!!!

Then you are very unique

Check this out: flaghunters()github()io/Extra-Flags-for-Sup Forums/

let's see a rare oblast/krai/etc flag

Here we go

One interesting thing i noticed while looking at soldier pictures from these areas is that the white ones are usually whiter than Western Russians and many have blond hair while the Asians are full blown Asiatic that could easily pass for Mongols or Turks.

nice, I have only seen Tyumen once before on Sup Forums ever

Doubt their ethnicity is mongolian. Actually, I don't know much about their history. Just scrolled wiki - they seem to be totaly turkic. And they happened to be a Russian republic because they joined soviet union in 1944

>There is no a single sign or an attribute of a colony.
I'm thinking you don't know what "colony" means.

>Maryland
Going to USA on work and travel. I hope i can visit your state in this summer.

then tell me

travel guide I made for someone a while back, in case you do visit here

Thank you

no problem

basically the western part is beautiful nature and forests but not many people, the middle part is a lot of people and cities, the southern tip is old cities, and the eastern part is old cities and also irrelevant and there is nothing to do there

visit the west for nature and quiet, the middle (specifically the part close to DC) for good restaurants and other city thing, and the south or east if you want to see historical things

I hope to visit russia someday

That seems pretty useful, though how is colonial architecture depressing? Wouldn't it be comfy?

Are you telling me or what? Where have you gone?

just my opinion, it's interesting for a foreigner but I spent my childhood here and there's no novelty for me

I think it's boring

the classical architecture in DC is top tier and some colonial architecture looks more like that, with pillars and stuff, but I don't like the little brick boxes with wooden shutters everywhere that are 90% of the colonial buildings here

Kek.

The average burger Sup Forumsack thinks Russia is 100% white and Putin is the great white savior.

Russia is a more violent Canada with more baggage.

Finns aren't average. You're turbo-autists.

Sorry just had lunch.

"Colony" doesn't imply exploitation or lack of rights unless you are a sjw. It just means that its a place that is settled.

I have a friend who's on that trans-Siberian train as we speak. Started in Vladivostok.

I see what you mean now. Guess I was thinking of different colonial houses.
>Russia is a more violent Canada
I don't really see how that's the case.

Oops, meant to quote too

>a fucking leaf
Still better than some coloured rectangles

But you have those on your flag too, senpai.

Eskis live in Russia too dimwit.

a-at least the they are the same colour!

that's just different meanings of the word
dictionary.com/browse/colony

agreed
Russian flag is shit
But still, you are a fucking leaf

Shhhhhhhhhh!

muh eskimoses

And that's still rude

Still got some

The Soviet flag was cool as fuck. You really should have just kept that one.

>Soviet flag
was it? looks kinda boring

The colors are better and it's just so iconic. I dunno man, I like it.

It looks powerful and striking to me. It's regional variants are a bit more colourful though, which is maybe what you're looking for.

I agree that it was boring. You should have done something more historical instead of just the slav colors

Do not take offense at truth
(a common Russian saying)

Born in siberia, live in states now
its alright, some parts are shittier than others, some have more chinks some are 99.9% white
Big regional capital cities are usually okay, the farther you get from them -the worse

check

That's a good saying.