Paper money is useless trash

>paper money is useless trash
>we should have an economy based on trading shiny rocks instead

I am now a #JebHead

>gold is useless trash even though it's eternally valuable
>paper money backed by literally nothing concrete is just as valuable as paper money backed by precious metals

K

>paper money backed by literally nothing concrete is just as valuable as paper money backed by precious metals

Definitely and it's more realistic in terms of what a modern economy truly is.

JebHeads get in here!

We need to put our thinking caps on and find a way to get our boy his rightful nomination back from Drumpf. He's the only one who has what it takes to beat Hillary!

Let's make America feel the Bush again!

what about currency based on cryptology?

Oh you're right I'm sorry, our money that we spend our lives working for should be debt that we have to perpetually work to pay off

Actually the debt backed system we have now is probably the best system; we take debt based on projected earnings from each citizen, and control the loans as future debt;

it allows everything to be funded and businesses to take on large projects.

The problem is that we have no control of our central bank and cannot turn over our money onto the debt to make sure the real value isn't siphoned off-shore by International finance.

Native american detected

I just hope he's doing ok

Sounds like trudeau

I would prefer money based on metals that are useful industrially like rare earth metals, titanium etc

I assume this isn't done because they're not scarce enough

>not understanding chemistry
>not understanding supply and demand
>not understanding fusion from dying stars

Our money is backed by something, via the Social Security Act of 1935; its based on projected earnings and taxes from each citizen.

The problem with using rare-earth metals or actual substantial 1:1 value is that it can be subject to monopolies, its finite, most of these metals are actually horded by other countries and private interests, so this would effectively create a massive vacuum where the ultra rich would become even more rich.

It would have worked if our currency would have been local and never subject to outside influence.

oh and also I just realized this would make China the richest country on earth

The dollar is backed by oil and metals.

Yes, welcome to reality. And this is concrete, you just need to look at the greater picture of our economy. The natural response is to resort to thinking we need to base our economy on physical shiny rocks. Bullshit.

The method of exchanging value is irrelevant so long as it is collectively understood and practiced. Whether it be rocks, shinny metals, paper money bottlecaps or shells.

I recommend without much bias as I don't consider myself to belong to an economic ideological group etc... Steve Keen the Australian (not Austrian) economist. From his perspective, things like fractional reserve lending are actually OK and work out. He also notes that public debt is NOT bad. Public debt largely reflects the money in circulation, for one (as I recall him saying).

On the other end basically you've got that guy who made "The Secret of Oz" documentary, a "Monetarist" named Bill Still .. watch that if you haven't, although I kind of associate that personally with concepts covered on this site:

www.pseudolaw.com

God Bless.

Gold standard:

>Deflation problems
>Inflation is controlled by how much gold is found. If any company decided to mine gold on an asteroid, we'd be fucked. Asteroid mining could cause wars. While that's an extreme, that's a complete probability when you put gold as a standard.

The main argument is that gold standard means the government can't fuck with you money. As if right now they could print a trillion dollars and the rest of the world would agree that their currency is now worth this new value. The economy is more exposed than ever.

The other issue is that the government CAN'T control it! Disasterous. The ability to inflate is a necessity

Perfect bottlecap economy when?

after we crawl out through the fallout baby

most dont need to understand they simple need to accept it. however if the system allows any one to become rich at any second to easily then it wont work

so gravel ,bark ,sand , grass clippings ect wont work as currency. to easy to get and hyper inflation would be so bad after a day every one is poor