JUSTglaive

Are critics shitting on this for any legitimate reason beyond the fact that it's CG?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2ZxKY5xiqjw
youtube.com/watch?v=2a1ca6Z24-0
youtube.com/watch?v=43WgTJGjU98
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What is this?

whos shitting on it, i thought it was fine. cgi was mostly pretty good, some animations were a little wonky but overall it was fine. story was ok too, nothing special tho.

You also forgot to add that it is tied into a video game. Nothing video game related will get good reviews.

I feel like the whole "story is weird and too complicated" is some kind of bad fucking joke cause it is actually as basic as it gets.

Some of the animations are a bit jerky which is a bit odd because of how inconsistent it is.
A few of the conversations are pretty damn corny and come out of nowhere but overall it's an ok movie.

I don't understand all the hate it is getting. Just slightly annoying how you have this total badass as the main character in the movie and then you have to play the boyband in the game. I actually thought Nyx was going to be one of the party members.

>its bad, but its okay
>this was bad, but its still okay

... so its mediocre leaning towards bad?

youtube.com/watch?v=2ZxKY5xiqjw

Looks pretty shit. CG needs to be more stylized, or else it looks like ass.

Just mediocre, idk how any fully functional adult could call the plot convoluted.

If it's anything like everything Square Enix has created in the last 10 years I'm assuming everything is overproduced and looks made from shiny plastic and the characters come across as inhuman robots.

Final fantasy? more like Gantz:0

youtube.com/watch?v=2a1ca6Z24-0

youtube.com/watch?v=43WgTJGjU98

There's a board for anime you weaboos

really? what's it called

really hyped for this even though it looks like they took a lot of liberties with the story

This looks pretty great.

I'm just glad kurono is in it for the short time he will be, the first teasers made it seem like he was omitted completely.

Maybe the osaka crew will make an appearance, but they'll probably be very tamed down.

Advent Children was better
It poorly explained a few details. The entire way through, it was obviously a side story based on the absence of Noctis who they couldn't stop talking about. At the end, some statues came to life with no explanation other than cuz magic.
The general guy traitor made no sense since the princess recognised him from her captivity as some champion yet apparently he'd be in the city the entire time pretending to lead the guard

Final fight looked damn nice though

i havent read the manga in a while but it looks like they do the first mission and then mix it up with a lot of the later stuff. still looks great tho.

I hope it plays out well, I was under the impression it would just do the mission where kurono dies then jumps into the Osaka mission then ends with kurono being revived, with some liberties here and there to make it more standalone.

I hope the film does well enough that we might get the Italy mission

>no explanation other than cuz magic.

That is the entire gimmick of the this kingdom, the statues of the previous kings came to live because Nyx fueled the "Old Wall" with his life.

And as you should recall, the Commander could not be reached by Nyx before they set out to free the Princess.

Amazing CG

Shit story

That's about it

Does anyone know any actually good CG jap movies?
I've heard of plenty anime movies but never actually any CG ones

it looks fine. you spoiled babies don't even know what shitty is

there have been multiple live action movies already, so thats maybe why they dont want to do the same thing again

No. both are shit

I haven't watched them in years but from what I recall the story diverges completely after the buddha arc at the end of the first movie, which was basically where the anime ended anyway, the second part basically just used random parts of the manga as inspiration.

critics are mongs newayz

so people should give mediocrity with a lot of flaws good reviews

they already do for Marvel what's the difference here?

Looks alright

I'm looking forward to FFXV as much as the next guy, but this movie fucking blew.
>cheesy script
>bearable voice acting
>questionable story

I don't care if it's based on a game--as a movie it should feel like a cohesive story, even if it's to be continued in another medium. Saying "the story's based on a video game" doesn't excuse its faults.

I still enjoyed it, though.

so you don't get to play as the tough guy or the pretty princess in the actual game?

How could Final Fantasy compete with Sausage Party, the animated Kino?

The reason why they hate it it's because of the lack of a stronger female protagonist, no quips, no shitty pop culture reference, no black characters at all and the fact that the movie is relatively short compared to the amount of story it's telling.

It's basically an expansion pack for the upcoming game. With that being said, critics are fucking gay. The movie was pretty cool with a climax that makes Pacific Rim look okay.

Man japs are stepping their CG game up

I was excited to see the movie but couldn't sit though more than a few scenes. The main character is such an cringe-inducing self-insert. Seriously, the Japanese often overdo it with what they think is "cool".

literally an intro to a fucking game lmao

The story of Gantz is shit beyond the initial premise anyway.

tons of the animations look like they were done by their B-team

the last half of the movie takes a dive with the story and the action doesnt seem to end

its like those generic anime fights where both parties seem invincible/incredibly strong for a long period of time and it doesnt really work for movies. i wanted to like it. but the last half really took a shit on itself. the first battle in the begining of the movie is the best one.

>No Cherry
>No Muscle Rider
>No Shion "Black Faced Mammi" Izumi

Gooks still fuck up even after getting a taste of nuclear mutation.

They're actually made it to the other side of the uncanny valley. Huh.

>bearable

Haven't watched it yet but this Aryan qt might be my new waifu

>looking forward to FFXV

I see you have no answer

Her name is Sonya Maltceva. Watching the film is just a pointless waste of time.

I haven't even played one of those since 12 (never finished btw) but watching a trailer the other day had me thinking about buying a cuckstation 4.

It was shit, video games are for children

Typical japanese girl in anime and final fantasu.

Sup Forums would know. They try to lure children.

X was the last good FF. Just wait for Persona 5.

BvS, Man of Steel, and Suicide Squad are all irredeemable garbage.

They haven't quite made it out yet.

Something in the movements is still off and keeping it in the uncanny valley.

FFXIII was godawful and it's all the evidence you need that XV will be shitty too. The fact that it got not one but two sequels is also indicative of how horrible and soulless Squeenix has become.

Really it's all been downhill since X.

Literally every Marvel movie is just plain forgettable garbage.

XII was better than X

I was surprised by how much i liked this movie. I'll definitely be checking out the game but I'm not too happy about the Japanese boy band cast for a final fantasy game...

>mfw i realise half of the Sup Forums userbase are underage pleb faggots that think this was an example of a great film