Hey Sup Forums, quick question for anyone experienced in this field/subject

Hey Sup Forums, quick question for anyone experienced in this field/subject.

I made some pretty stupid decisions recently, about two weeks ago I bought some meth and was snorting small amounts (25~ mg at a time, up to 60mg in a day), I thought I could control it, like everyone, but near the end I smoked 40mg and right when I did that it just hit me what the fuck I was actually doing.

I'm going to college in a month, so I have to get my shit together and I've been doing pretty good - I've been doing daily journals to remind myself why I got rid of it and the mistake I made in general, really just beating myself up over it so I never do it again. I never bought it on the street, I don't even associate with drug users, so I know I won't just impulsively buy any in the future - not to mention, I simply can't rationalize any use whatsoever anymore. I could in the beginning when I didn't know what I was getting into, but after my "experiments", there's just no fucking way I'd ever do that to myself again. I only did it to help my ADHD, which is fucking retarded in hindsight. I just didn't know the power of the chemical until doing it. I'm lucky that I quit so soon - my total days on it are about 7, every other day for 3 days in the beginning, then 4 days in a row.

Anyway, I'm not worried about the staying sober from it aspect - I think I'll be fine due to the dosages and just the kind of person I am and how scared I am of the damage done.

I know I'll probably have cravings in the future, I just know I won't act on it. What i'm really worried about is the damage I've already done to myself. I don't feel too awful, but I want to know if, as a 20 year old, if I've done some seriously irreversible damage to my brain, and if so, what I can do to at this point. I'm taking alot of Magnesium & Omega-3s. I know I fucked up BAD, I just want to know how badly, and how much those dosages really affected my brain.

Any help is appreciated.

Probably no serious long term damage at all.

However, you should look up an experiment called Rat Park. If you want to stay clean and healthy in the future, it would benefit you to understand the real reason for your drug seeking behavior so that you can prevent it in the future.

You are fucking retarded

Hit the maximum character count but just wanted to clarify, I had a lot more but after smoking it I came down, and while sober I flushed it all down the toilet with no second thoughts whatsoever.

I'm just really scared as to what I've done to myself. I know Sup Forums isn't the best place to be asking this but I'm hoping someone has some input. I know I'm an idiot, and I know I did one of the stupidest things imaginable. I just want to bounce back from it as much as I possibly can.

I know of that experiment, I've always smoked a lot of weed but even quit that recently in preparation for college, I wanted to be completely sober and when I ran out of Adderall and still needed to do a fuck ton of mental/physical activities before moving in I just convinced myself small doses of meth would help me. I guess it did, but I don't need it or want it whatsoever anymore. It's way too powerful. Thanks for the reassurance though.

I know. I have no idea what I was thinking.

user you're strong and smart. If you ever get a craving, remember that you are sooo much better than that since you already figured out all by yourself how dumb it was to go testing.

Now i'm a self-crowned psychonaut and done my fair share of substances.

Such small amounts of meth, at worst, can give you a rash-like thingy in the nasal cavity. You're golden bro.

Just learn your lesson and keep on keeping on.

I'll give you six months before you are sucking cock for meth.
Then you will be shooting it up.

Thank you, I really appreciate that.

No damage because you used low dosages. Amphetamines are neurotoxic, but in small amounts it's not noticable Hence the reason they prescribe retalin to children without a problem. The real damaging factors of amph usage is sleep deprivation, lack of food, dehydration (especially the combination of those). You shouldn't worry about neurological damage (yet) with only 7 days and such small dosages.

Don't do it again though. Stimulants take more than they give

you're worried about a tiny meth bender? you're fine. you've done no long term damage. just eat properly, sleep well, don't touch it again. seriously, you're good. even people that mainline meth every day for years at a time bounce back after prolonged sobriety. a little weeklong bender isn't gonna do shit to your brain chemistry short term, let alone long term. you might feel a little down for a couple days but that's it.

And op said he snorted most and smoked some.

The only real danger he's in is inside the head.

Chill. You tried, and stopped. And got smarter for it.

That's why I was doing 25mg at a time - I read that any dosage above 25mg is neurotoxic. Of course, after doing it once, I'd be high off of it and do another 25mg 4 hours later not realizing I just did 50mg - or maybe I did realize it, but just pushed it out of my mind because I felt too good to care. Only when I was sober did I actually flush it and want to beat the shit out of myself for being so stupid.

>Don't do it again though. Stimulants take more than they give

I've definitely learned that firsthand. Thanks.

Yeah, my excessive worrying is probably just the withdrawal from it in the first place, but it's mainly fear, regret, and depression, so I'm trying to alleviate that with any knowledge I can get from other people who know about it. Thanks for the reply though.

Keep yourself clean, OP, I know you got it in you!!

you should be more concerned about your dopamine receptors at this point. depressed? nothing is fun or enjoyable quiet like it was before? well that s what you get for having too much fun

>depression

Thats a heavy fucking word though.

Do you have any hobbies?

Fucking druggo go kill yourself you fag

I'm taking an NDRI now, Bupropion, which is helping the dopamine and norepinephrine hang around for longer then usual. I'm depressed, but only because of what I've done, not losing interest in anything, I'm still incredibly motivated for when I go to college and just motivated to be a better person at this point.

Yeah, it's not extreme depression - I'm not laid up in bed all day crying or anything like that. I'm really just beating myself up, that's all. The hobbies I have, I'm still interested in, but that might be the NDRI at this point keeping me a bit grounded.

I've even done some research and saw that Bupropion helps reduce methamphetamine cravings in *serious* addicts, IV gram-a-day users, etc, so I think I will be okay, especially after this thread. I just woke up and couldn't stop thinking about the unknown repercussions. I've always valued knowledge and not knowing if it really fucked me up long term was just making me anxious & depressed.

Okay ;^)

> I'm taking alot of Magnesium & Omega-3s

Lmfao, I love when people start fucking themselves over and mindlessly taking vitamins and other supplements. Yeah OP, surely some magnesium and fish oil is going to combat the negative effects of crystal meth. Shit, why not throw in some Vitamin B too????

Don't let that "I'll be fine" feeling talk you into going back tho.

An alternative to Meth is regular old Amphetamines, which don't cause irreversible damage to dopamine receptors.

Magnesium is actually neuroprotective and will delay onset of tolerance in amphetamine users. So yeah, that one at least is in this case not entirely unfounded.

Only your sarcasm is completely misguided, those are the two most important things anyone could take after using crystal meth - ESPECIALLY Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Magnesium. Do some research before you act like an elitist.

>mindlessly taking vitamins and other supplements.

What other vitamins and supplements?

>surely some magnesium and fish oil is going to combat the negative effects of crystal meth. Shit, why not throw in some Vitamin B too????

You're acting like you just said something really sarcastically stupid, but any meth user would be quite deficient in Vitamin B as well.

I just did crystal meth for a week and I still think you're a fucking idiot.

There's no need to be upset! You've actually educated me greatly - I had no idea I could simply take a magnesium tablet and fish oil (the latter I already do) and meth amphetamine at the same time and remain healthy.

So - I apologize. This is groundbreaking. Sounds like another conspiracy created by the pharmaceutical companies, to be honest. You might be onto something absolutely fucking HUGE here. The nation can be saved by simple distribution of magnesium and fish oil.

I'm writing my local politicians. This is crazy!!!

Oops! This was post was for you!

I'm so excited I got mixed up. Think we can take magnesium and fish oil with heroin too?

>I just did crystal meth for a week and I still think you're fucking retarded

absolutely fucking demolished

This thread has been really great for me knowing I'm still not at this level of stupidity after doing what I did.

Thank you, seriously.

This thread has nothing to do with your intellect. It's the magnesium and fish oil. You're one of the smartest teens I have met.

Maybe some magnesium and fish oil will help you with this, bro.

> I'm bored I think I'll buy some meth :)

Who does this?

>Stimulants take more than they give

What drug doesn't?

>I just did crystal meth for a week and I still think you're a fucking idiot.

Don't beat yourself up over it you'll be fine. I've done it myself a couple of times and never have any cravings for it, don't even really think about it really. And I have an addictive personality, currently battling with alcoholism and on methadone from my pill days(that's going to be hell right there).

Last time I did it was on accident. Took a big line thought it was coke bc frined was doing them like that. Was up 48 hrs. One of the worst two days of my life.

So it feels awesome then yeah? Never tried meth, my intuition tells me I'd love it.

only 1 thing, go see ur family dr and tell him what u just asked here

you are now a addict OP. you crave it daily and must satisfy that craving. no turning back now, you're fucked!

It feels like Adderall with added euphoria. The euphoria is what makes the craving so much greater then Adderall, so if you've tried that, you're really not missing much.