Does the amount of ice added to a glass of room temperature water affect the temperature or the rate of cooling?

does the amount of ice added to a glass of room temperature water affect the temperature or the rate of cooling?

both

Yes. More ice = more surface area for heat transfer.

thanks. i have a few other questions. what is the major attraction between water molecules in the solid physical state?

depends on the ice

>does the amount of ice added to a glass of room temperature water affect the temperature
yes, up to a certain point, it can't go below 0 C though. But depending on how much ice you put, the temperature will go between 25 C (RT) and 0 C
>the rate of cooling?
the rate is the same, assuming the ice is the same temperature. Rate is based on temperature differences, not mass

Dude were not doing your homework for you

Hydrogen bonds. For water, it is always hydrogen bonds. Even though they are minimal, water has so many oxygen and hydrogens, it has a shitload of H bonds

Do your own homework.

>it can't go below 0 C though.
say for example someone needed to make the water go below 0 C within the next 24 minutes. how would i do that?

it's not homework. i'm in front of my class right now stalling for time

add salt to the mixture. cool it by adding salt to the ice (or having a freezer under 0 C)

You really think user is asking here for answers to his homework here instead of just googling it?

Its just fun to rehash some high school shit sometimes

can i use rock salt or does it have to be kosher salt? thanks

literally any salt will work.

i'm actually a high school phys ed teacher and i'm covering a chemistry summer school class. i am in WAY over my head. and i smoked an hour ago because i forgot i had class. the kids are asking me a lot of questions so i'm showing them a video to stall for time

i think there's some salt packets in the cafeteria. i can probably get back here before the video ends. do you think i'd need 5-10 packets? or a whole shaker? it's for a medium-sized beaker(?)

Van der Waals forces.

wrong, it's H bonding for water.
Take the whole shaker. pour most on the ice bath, dissolve like 4 packets worth in the water. for fun, hold salted ice for as long as you can

just take the most alpha male out of the class and suck his cock, problem solved

this only works in football practice.