Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zAZXjDL9d5U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the mods on Sup Forums

manlet rage

Is this capeshit?

>162cm

lmao, when will they learn

Angry 5head manlet, drug addiction and feeling like a cuck when comparing himself to Canada

teen angst

Pissed this guy stole his look

He found out the movie wasn't going to be called "Tetsuo"

Id have some problems if i was a manlet with a 6-head

Also why is the animation in this movie so good.
I mean how come almost 30 years later the quality of animation declined?
youtube.com/watch?v=zAZXjDL9d5U

a least he had a qt gf

which he almost let get raped until Canada came and then he indirectly killed her.

disappointing tits

that song is shit
that vid is shit

ur shit fucking homosexual

>I mean how come almost 30 years later the quality of animation declined?

The capital T truth is that it just doesn't sell. Traditional animation is incredibly time-consuming and doesn't pull as well as Disney/Pixar 3D CG.

2D animation is become a niche.

>had a shitty life
>always in the shadow of others
>never in charge
>suddenly gets powers that make him more powerful than anyone else
>doesn't know how to handle it
That's his problem

This is probably the only movie that would work remade with a black cast

Not all of animation declined. They just stopped using hand-drawn frames and most studios never got their shit together well enough to make it look like before. Now everything is crisp and clean which makes it feel a bit artificial imo. Doesn't mean they can't do wonderful things with the new tech though; gif related.

please jews, dont read this

I really wonder what your reasoning is behind this statement. Why this specifically.

Maybe because it's about loud, violent, obnoxious gang members who do nothing but create messes for white people to clean up?

Naruto was also basically just about violent gang members if you'd like to be reductive enough

I know Sup Forums will claim I'm trolling, but I'd actually be ok with this
Just make it set in neo-detroit

in short: inferiority complex

Dude what. It's not reductive at all. Kaneda is literally a hoodlum who leads a biker gang in Neo Tokyo and Tetsuo is his little buttmonkey wimp of a friend who just tags along with the gang. They get into fights and cause mayhem all over town, attend a ghetto ass school filled with punks exactly like them.

Testuo by sheer chance ends up embroiled in this experiment he has no way of understanding and the fate of Neo Tokyo ends up in the hands of a brat with a massive inferiority complex who lashes out violently at anyone who ever belittled him, imagined or real.

1:Akira is the truest and best case of japanese animation being animate "on ones", that means EVERY FRAME IS A DIFFERENT DRAWING AND IS BASICALLY KEY FRAMES ALL OVER FOR ALL OF THE 24 FPS OF THE MOVIE, THAT MEANS 24 DIFFERENT DRAWINGS FOR EACH SECOND OF SCREENTIME.
This because Akira had a fuckhuge budget, Akira is an outlier, it's not the norm for japanese animation from the 80's-early 90's which was less costly and was usually animated "on twos", which means one drawing every two frames for OVA/movies and even worse for actual tv animation.

Talented teams like Ghibli or the movies from Satoshi Kon usually alternate "on ones" scenes with more traditional animated scenes to save money, Akira did not.

>I didn't understand the movie

WE

Did you even watch the movie?

I understand it a lot better than you if find that description at all inaccurate to the first 20 minutes of the film.

Didn't Redline do the same thing?

>his little buttmonkey wimp of a friend who just tags along with the gang
it gets wrong pretty quickly

Most TV animated is animated on threes actually. Animating on ones for TV is infeasible most of the time.

What? I thought he gave a pretty apt description. What the fuck are you on about?

He isn't just tagging along; he's looked down upon, but people don't just outright ignore and exclude him

That's what I said, only Akira actually animated on ones for the whole lenght of the movie.
Redline wasn't animated on cels like Akira was, some scenes in Akira required as far as 9 cels overimposed for each frame, let that sink in for a moment.
Redline is still beautiful and one of the best examples of what digital animation can do.

That's ultimately what their relationship boils down to. Kaneda for his part thought he was doing alright by Tetsuo, protecting him and including him in the gang, but to Tetsuo it was infuriating being relegated to sidekick status and treated like a weakling (which he was). You can tell from his interactions later with the other gang members (some of which he kills) that they didn't think much of him and likely didn't give him any respect. He had no real say in the gang and was just a follower who depended on Kaneda for protection. That's what his status was: a wimpy lackey to Kaneda. Kaneda didn't see anything wrong with the arrangement cause he wasn't abusive toward Tetsuo or anything, but that's because he immediately assumed Tetsuo was an inferior with no ambition.

>That's what I said
You said TV anime is animated on twos, but threes are more common especially for long running TV productions.

From Tetsuo's POV yeah he thinks lowly of himself in the gang. But from the 3rd person it's evident that it's just him tearing himself up over being somewhat of a loser.

does asuka's final battle use that same technique?

Tetsuo's perspective is no less valid than Kaneda's. People tend to sympathize with Kaneda's perspective because he's the protagonist and his noble traits make him more admirable. But Tetsuo is just as central to the story and his viewpoint shouldn't be regarded as any less true.

And this is all beside the original point which was that you could remake the movie with a black cast for Kaneda and his gang and it would work fine, which I think it would.

not all of it, but some parts do

Is that really what the original point was? I just joined into a random argument.

There's no reason why the cast couldn't be black though, as long as there's a setting that would actually make sense for that.

>Redline wasn't animated on cels like Akira was
I'm fairly certain it was, considering nearly all anime today is still done with cels. The coloring and animation are done with computers, which has been a thing since the early 90s but became industry standard starting in the early 00s. But the actual drawings are still done on cels. They're special "digicels" that are scanned and uploaded to computers so they can be colored and "inked" with software.

No, it wouldn't, because it's a metaphor for the atomic bomb, and that only makes sense with Japanese characters

>because it's a metaphor for the atomic bomb
How exactly?

Dragon Ball is an anime, not a tv show

Other than the Pandora's box themes, not really. Not to mention the manga goes on for quite a while after Tetsuo asserts his true powers.

>because it's a metaphor for the atomic bomb
This is like one of those reg flags to know you're talking to somebody who is repeating something they heard somewhere without really understanding it.

Scientists create a super-weapon with technology that devastates Japan (in a giant cloud) and can't be controlled (from the Japanese perspective)

Also the head scientist guy looks like Einstein

It's done by Mitsuo Iso, who called his style "full limited", because he only draws and animates on key frames without having in-betweens, this makes it somehow jerky looking while still mantaing the most balanced number of frames while making it looks as good as he can.
He also did Gundam 0080 which also features pretty good action scenes.

What is it with nips being so assblasted over the atomic bomb?
It's been forever ago since they were bombed, I mean jeez, just get over it. smfh

>Also the head scientist guy looks like Einstein
Einstein didn't invent the nuclear bomb

>You said TV anime is animated on twos
My actual post
>and was usually animated "on twos", which means one drawing every two frames for OVA/movies and even worse for actual tv animation.
> and even worse for actual tv animation.
I know about Pokemon and such abysimal frame count.

>Pokemon
ever watch initial D? The first stage sometimes have a good few second of complete still frame during conversations.

Still a good show though

here's your (you)

It's hard to imagine from an American perspective, but the Atomic Bombs (at least the narrative of them) represented an existential threat to the Japanese people. Imagine what its like living in a place where you are under the mercy of a terrible power which could annihilate you at any moment and there's nothing you can do about it.

The story of WW2 and the atomic bombs molded the Japanese psyche. They were left prostrate at a foreign power's feet who wielded a horrifying new weapon for which they had no defense.

akira has a shitload of scenes and motions done on twos retard, it's a matter of what kind of animation a movement needs

also keys and inbetweens are a terms describing the division of work, not the animation itself

no, it's weebshit

why didn't tetsuo just kill all the niggers?

he's memeing on you user