Do you guys listen to anything that is not fucking shit? And yes...

Do you guys listen to anything that is not fucking shit? And yes, Velvet Underground were mainstream garbage as much as Frank Zappa was a cheap imitator of jazz.

STICC

pls sauce that body type is perfection

>Frank Zappa and VU were blacklisted from any radio airplay in the U.S. and still are

>OP calls Frank Zappa and VU "Mainstream"

Do you even know what "Mainstream" is?

Taylor Swift is mainstream.
Katy Perry is mainstream
Beyonce is mainstream
Jay Z and Kanye West are mainstream

FRANK ZAPPA AND VU WERE NOT MAINSTREAM, ARE NOTMAINSTREAM, AND WIL NEVER, AND I MEAN NEVER BE MAINSTREAM!

I don't know name but she's a random russian girl. I can post more if you would like to my man.

nah, my sister could recite valley girl by heart and she thinks kraftwerk is weird, and every roastie ever has a velvet underground t-shirt

>VU were mainstream

I know this is cheap bait but how can you say that when VU&N sold like a hundred copies even with Warhol backing it.

go suck warhol's dick, VU were corporate plants and lacking any initial fame doesn't make them less so. Reed still made a lot of money from acting like maggot-infested faggot despite playing simplistic rock music.

>Uh oh. Look out! We got an edge lord here!

It's obvious you're shit posting and know nothing about The Velvet Underground.

They broke ties w/Warhol after the first album and Nico left the band.

How, exactly were they "Industry plants"? Explain that!

>Pro tip: You literally can't because they never were!

Either study the entire history of VU or never post on Sup Forums ever again, faggot!

>this a a VU fan after someone insulted his sacred cow
I think you would like some cream for your wounded butt
>They broke ties w/Warhol after the first album and Nico left the band
>implying i claimed otherwise

Velvet Underground are the go to band for people who want to look cool but know fuck all about music. Therefore they are mainstream. Appalling band and Lou Reed was a talentless, horrible man. Velvet Underground are as mainstream as The Beatles (another clueless hipster go to band).

Get some taste you edgelord memeheads. Fucking embarrassed for you

Not him but you're obviously underage if you're using the word butthurt and actually have a saved image on your computer for some childish 'butthurt report form'

Stupid as fuck.

I've been really enjoying Throbbing Gristle and This Heat recently, it feels like they've got a similar attitude to making music, except one is a bunch of non-musicians and the other is a set of extremely talented instrumentalists.

And yeah I can see why you wouldn't like Zappa, he's a bit goofy and a rockist entry point for jazz, but White Light/White Heat by TVU is great fun. John Cale was such a talent.

It's a bit of an urban myth about how little it sold, they sold 10,000 copies in 1967. Although that's still a paltry amount compared to their successful contemporaries' sales

Yeah, they had the backing of the most famous artist at the time so couldn't have been that far from mainstream

T. 14 years old (or even 25)

>I can post more
Please do.

Your sister can recite Valley Girl, that just settles it then, right? Just stop embarrassing yourself if you're capable of doing so.

But Zappa never intended to make jazz. What are you even complaining about? The fact that you're using the term "rockist" unironically doesn't make anyone take you more or seriously at all.

zappa makes boring music, yes.
>lou reed
>talentless
he was arguably as talented as brian. even more so than bowie. but you actually have no arguments except for "le was talentless and a horrible man".
off yourself.
and VU were never as mainstream as the beatles, so im guessing you're just baiting.
here's your (You)
>every roastie ever has a velvet underground shirt
(citation needed)

I don't give a fuck about TVU but I belive they only started getting attention few years after disbanding because of their influence,so no at their time they weren't mainstream but now they have some cult following,idk much about zappa though never gave him a shot but I do know he helped produce Trout mask replica so I guess he's ok

Being this retarded

It doesnt need to pass on the radio to be mainstream, VU and Frank Zappa are very well known and every one with a basic knowledge in music knows with the fuck they are. Much like Pink Floyd but on a lower level, even though most people dont get dark side of the moon and only like a handful of songs at max from them. Im not saying that listening/enjoying "Mainstream music" makes you have "bad" "taste" though.

Now I have to ask, what's the good music you're keeping away from me user?

>zappa makes boring music, yes.
6/10 for the other parts.

Since I listen to shit could you please recommend me some not shit music