God or no God. I need to decide. No more "on the fence shit." Input needed

God or no God. I need to decide. No more "on the fence shit." Input needed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL22J3VaeABQD_IZs7y60I3lUrrFTzkpat
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

god is dead

There might be, who knows?

Rolling for you:
Even God exists
Odd there is no fucking God
You're welcome.

There's no good reason to believe that there is some entity that created reality, if that's what you're asking.

why risk it, just have faith and see what happens

>turns out having faith dooms you to hellfire
welp

God is imaginary.

Reality is malleable. What you believe in may not exist for somebody else. When I see what is on this earth to many puzzle pieces fit to perfectly, mostly with insects and how they evolved. Coincidences so big and unreal it sounds like a big cosmic joke.

Not everyone can believe cause they were beat down, promised things from a book their parents taught them that never came true. I just accept that something is out in the universe, what we know today won't be accepted as true in 100 years and we should never truly find out if their is a god as we abuse any knowledge we have.

You can't just "have faith." Either you truly believe or you don't.

Tip

Most likely there is no god, but you can't know 100 percent.

Being completely serious: can I know that God is real? No, I can't. But his fingerprints are all over my life, in every blessing I have. That is why I believe. It gives me peace and direction like nothing else does, and a reason to become the best version of me I can possibly be. And if when the day of my death comes, there is nothing but the abyss, and there is no God, I will not have wasted my life. I will have truly lived a life worth living, because I will have made the world just a little better for someone, somewhere.

Cool boogeyman syndrome

I can't just believe on "blind faith" anymore. I need some evidence.

If there is God, they will be nothing like religion tells you they are. That you can count on.

>What you believe in may not exist for somebody else.
The moon exists whether you believe it does or not.

no it doesn't
that's what faith means, stupid

How do you know that it isn't a delusion?

That's all fine and we'll but you don't need a god to be a good person. Telling yourself you're better for believing in a religion is kind of sad.

>no it doesn't
Prove it.

just because you cant see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist, like bacteria and aliens

prove it does

We can see bacteria. If aliens exist, we could see them too.

Bad examples are bad. Stick with air, even though the analogy still doesn't work.

watch this
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL22J3VaeABQD_IZs7y60I3lUrrFTzkpat

It doesn't matter if you have a god or not, what matters is if you're worships one or not.

i can't prove that there is no god, but i won't bow down for someone just because they made the world

Look, dumb fuck, faith means "complete trust or confidence in someone or something." You can't just say you have complete trust unless you really feel it. Holy fucking shit, I hate you.

Prove it doesn't

There's just as much reason to think it does as there is to think it doesn't. You haven't reduced your risk at all.

Let's use an example.

The platypus always existed. People never knew that said platypus is real so therefor it does not exist for them. When a stuffed platypus was shown to them for the first time they thought it was a stitched together fake, the only people who knew it existed was the ones who stuffed it and killed it. It was only till they saw a live one did they believe that the platypus exists.

yea exactly, wtf are you on about ?

no proof,
no god

Even though your point is simple-minded. It does hold some merit. The whole multi-dimensional theories. We are in one. God is in another.

There is no scientific evidence proving or refuting the existence of god, save for the possibility of the big bang being an event brought forth by his will. So strictly speaking, the evidence points slightly to the existence of a god, but personally I'm not convinced either way.

>The platypus always existed.
Well, not always, but sure.
>People never knew that said platypus is real so therefor it does not exist for them.
It did though, they were just ignorant of it.
>It was only till they saw a live one did they believe that the platypus exists.
Sure, but it still existed regardless.

The point would be that either some sort of god exists or it doesn't. Believing in a god doesn't make it real and not believing in a god doesn't make it not real (unless we're playing by some D&D rules).

There's a fatal, perhaps eternally fatal, flaw in that reasoning. Which faith do you choose? Christian faith and Islam faith are explicitly incompatible. Not to mention the thousands of other incompatible faiths that exist and have existed throughout time. Choosing to believe just because there may be a God still involves rolling the dice in order to choose the right God. Pascal's wager is fallacious.

Sigh... Next time stay in school.

>If aliens exist, we could see them too.

Um...

Kinda like air,gravity and electricity, can't see them but they definitely exist.

How do you explain a sunset if there is no God? Atheists are the easiest religion to troll.

for the people that don't believe in god, heaven or hell, why would you risk ignoring him and going to hell whatever the percentage of him existing may be so just believe anyways just in case

Yes?

God exists
>Dubs of truth

100 years ago, humans couldn't "see" a lot of things that they can now. Not a good analogy for justification of faith though.

Which gawd do I choose there Einstein? Let me guess, you're probably American so I'm guessing the Christian gawd? Wrong. There's multiple options to choose from and zero evidence hinting towards the correct choice. Try again summer fag.

Why risk accepting a god and going to hell whatever the percentage of that happening may be? Just don't believe anyways just in case.

Muhammad knew Jesus, he was only considered a holy man, not the son of god.

aliens do exist but they arnt in our galaxy and they don't know we humans exist but who knows, we might meet some in the far future

The animal never existed in the peoples reality. Yet reality as a whole outside of the peoples mind had the animal existing.

What we know is reality to us. Many things we don't know about are outside our reality so therefor does not exist for us.

>implying there's only one god concept

Did I really need to type out the rest?

How do you know all potential alien species are visible by humans?

once you know about him and choose to ignore him then you will go to hell, stupid

Do you mean literally ANY kind of god? Or are you talking about the Christian god?

Prove it.

Any. A "higher power".

That's irrelevant to the fact that following one or the other prophet's is a 50/50 chance of eternal damnation. Regardless of the bronze aged scripts that have zero utility in today's world. Who cares if Mohammed, shit on his name, spoke of Christ the bastard child.

Christianity is the only true religion, all others are fake bs and lies

God is real but also not the only god

I'd wager andromeda, it's going to crash into the Milky Way in 2 billion years or so. As it gets closer we'll probably make contact (and probably be living on titan)

>The animal never existed in the peoples reality.
Those people existed in reality. The animal existed in reality. The animal existed in those people's reality, they simply didn't know it.
>What we know is reality to us.
What is real is reality, but your perception of reality can be flawed.
>Many things we don't know about are outside our reality so therefor does not exist for us.
Nope.

All religions are lies except yours? How egocentric of you. Pleb.

>How do you know all potential alien species are visible by humans?
Because we can see atoms?

no proof of no god,
god

it goes both ways brainlet

Prove that you are right and I am wrong.

If you all refute the existince of God in one way or another, do you atleast entertain the idea of Intellegent Design of Human beings? Thats to say we were engineered to a degree that made us so unique, if not by divinity, then something more extraterestrial?

We just have different views then, I don't know how much farther I can break this down.

I'm atheist and I believe that's very possible. I just dont like someone telling me they know one way or the other when they don't. No one knows. And if they say they do, they fucking lie.

Belief in something outside of yourself that gives you confidence, hope, and eases your fear=

Placebo.

>do you atleast entertain the idea of Intellegent Design of Human beings
In the sense that I don't claim it's impossible. I don't believe in ID though.

>Christianity is the only true religion, all others are fake bs and lies
Of course that viewpoint doesn't mesh with original Christian views. In the old days of the Bible, next to nobody believed ONLY their god or gods existed. What people believed was that their god was GREATER than other gods. Note even in the first commandment God states that you "shall not worship other gods BEFORE ME". He states that he is to be your first, primary god, not that he and he alone exists.

If it's an intelligent designer they should be fired from their job. Pretty shitty design giving 5 year olds bone cancer and infants born with downs.

>We just have different views then
Yep.
>I don't know how much farther I can break this down.
I get what you're saying, I just don't agree.

Asking for proof God exists is like asking your Dwarves in Dwarf Fortress to prove that their creator, tarn adams, exists. If God exists, there would be no evidence you could use to prove he exists.

So a highly advanced undetectable alien species can never exist to humans, because we can't "see them"? Huh.

No gods, no masters.
Religion is evil.

Even if there was one, why would you trust a book written by humans to tell you about it.

>The universe is about 13.8 billion years old, so any light we see has to have been travelling for 13.8 billion years or less – we call this the 'observable universe'. However, the distance to the edge of the observable universe is about 46 billion light years because the universe is expanding all of the time.

Think about it. What purpose would there be for a God or Creator, to have specifically humans evolve on a single planet out of billions. Fight over what? Pray over what?

If it helps, we're a product of a cataclysmic event that just so happened to originate lifeforms through energy.

Look at the universe.
You really think a sentient 'being' created it just for 'us'? For what, a story arc so we can LARP all our lives? Good vs Evil?
Sounds silly doesn't it?

That's not to say to have emotions or empathy for one another. To develop a purpose through life is actually quite a gift and while you may feel a sense of despair knowing for almost-certain there is no omnipotent creator, you're an extremely unique individual and nothing like you may ever exist again. Just remember that and enjoy the experience

dude you seriously can't spell for shit don't post again until you learn some fucking grammer loser

>undetectable
What is the difference between something undetectable and something that doesn't exist?

roll

Yeah, I'm going to start a religion that states that "all that prior information about God was just to discredit the prior religions." "This God really is the real one. Really. Not kidding."

Ok, undetectable by current technology.

>Even if there was one, why would you trust a book written by humans to tell you about it.

This is the main reason why organized religion falls apart for me. You expect a book to be the same, pure teachings of some preacher in the middle of the desert that somehow talked to an angel/god, preserve every sentence correctly and somehow expect to trust corrupted humans to not change or abuse said teachings in any way? Hell we see it all the time with splinter religions calling each other false.

The Sumerians knew

> learn some fucking grammer loser

You mean you're Muhammed?

Yes.

Or Scientology?

I AM.

Something like that could possibly exist, sure. What's your point?

That's because of how toxic we've made the world.

Nah, have to change "all that prior information about God was just to discredit the prior religions." to "all that prior information about REALITY is literally alien propaganda"

A few billion societies/species could have come and gone before we ever emerged. How many will come after us?

Or crystals? Numerology? Astrology?

Not all things humans have made bad.

If you want to be smart, you stay on the fence.

Mankind will never be great enough to find out if there is any kind of "god", so you never know and have to consider both as true.
But IF there is some kind of higher power, it will never be any of the shit you find in any of the religions or beliefs.

It'd be way above our heads to understand and all this religious shit is made up by people. Nor could you ever think of how this higher power is like, neither could you understand and describe it.

So fuck all this religious shit and don't think about higher power anymore, because it will lead you nowhere.

I never said they all were. Buts it's the pesticide laced genetically modified sugar and preservative laden food that's causing stuff like that. Oh, and wash it all down with some lead laced water.

Look up the Drake equation. I'm on mobile and sort of in the middle of something but I believe it pertains to your question.

I decided to give Christianity a serious try and I haven't been disappointed. There are always going to be Christians that you don't like, so finding the right church is important.

That said, the everyday aspect is just about the same. I started living better as a long term result.

Dark matter has never been observed yet most scientists believe in it. Everything would make sense if scientists could 100% prove it exists, almost a "heaven" to scientific advancement.

Just sayin, don't mind me I'm stoned.

Choose God. Worst case scenario there's no afterlife, but if there is, you're good.