Is their a more patrician decade than the 80's?

Is their a more patrician decade than the 80's?
It is pretty much undeniably THE decade for experimental, underground, and alternative music
Just look at all these artists who released amazing albums during this decade:
Talking Heads, the Cure, the Smiths, Devo, Minutemen, Flipper, Daniel Johnston, Pixies, Oingo Boingo, PiL, Violent Femmes, Joy Division, Meat Puppets, Red Hot Chili Peppers, They Might be Giants, Sonic Youth, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Echo and the Bunnymen, the Clash, Swans, Big Black, Melvins, XTC, The The, the Cramps, Black Flag, Tom Waits, Descendents, Nick Cave, Depeche Mode, Jesus and Mary Chain, Bauhaus, the Feelies, REM, the Specials, Madness, the Fall, Aksak Maboul, and these are just off the top of my head
Artists that were popular in the 70's didn't adjust well to the 80's, I understand that, and there is a lot of shit from the 80's, but in this case the good far outweighs the bad. The "alternative" music of the 90's was mostly just made up of people ripping off the less popular music of the 80's. I don't think there has ever been as innovative of a decade as the 80's. How can so many plebs pretend that the 60's, 90's and 2000's were better?

Pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KJjGWtM8fyw
rateyourmusic.com/customchart
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Probably, but it was horrible for popular music

David Lynch sucks. Two hit wonder.

Which two?

Between Eraserhead, Blue Velvet, Twin Peaks, Mulholland Drive, Inland Empire, the Straight Story, and even Elephant Man, I'd say he has way more than two hits

Yea but the wonderful thing about living in this day and age is we get to filter out all the bad and hear the good. And the good in the 80's is far greater than the good in most other decades.

Eraserhead and Blue Velvet
Literally shut the fuck up about Twin Peaks, don't even start.

I don't like rock music (your list features it for the most part).

I prefer the 90s for the electronic music, and the 60s and 70s for the jazz, funk, and (actual) avant-garde stuff. Electronic music and "experimental" music in the 80s was utter crap. Also the pop music was extremely lacking also, as mentioned above.

t. hasn't actually watched any of the other films I mentioned, outside of maybe Mulholland Drive
Twin Peaks is acclaimed for a reason, that show is a treasure

>The "alternative" music of the 90's was mostly just made up of people ripping off the less popular music of the 80's
as opposed to post-punk acts appropriating black music like funk and dub and industrial and noise rock bands ripping-off and watering-down avant-garde composers from decades earlier? lol

Not even him, but how about you start with Twin Peaks. Let's hear why it's so horrible.

The mere existence of 80s glam aesthetics makes me wanna punch your opinions in the face.

Influences are different than ripping off. Pretty much all major 90's bands just took the exact same sounds of the bands from the 80's before them. All those that you mentioned made something new out of the old. 90's alt acts took the old and did it again.

What does it feel to have actual shit taste?

No that would be the 70s

Is this the nu-male thread?

>good lynch
eraserhead
inland empire

>middlebrow lynch
>holland drive
>straight story
>elephant
>blue velvet

>worst lynch
tp

you're just objectively wrong. the 80s are the weakest fucking decade in so many different fields. movies blew. fashion blew. music was just a'ight

fashion

70s > 60s > 80s

music

60s > 70s > 80s

movies

70s > 80s > 60s

>hurr hurr I only know popular music

>talking about movies and fashion on a music board
I didn't mention anything about either, just about the music

It's reddit before reddit existed

youtube.com/watch?v=KJjGWtM8fyw

Le so quirky fib man xd

That just settles it then. Why did you even bother replying? At least make your baits funny and original.

Oh boy
>can't come up with a criticism
>uses reddit for one
>uses reddit as a synonym for bad because he wants so desperately to fit in on Sup Forums
the door is that way

>he thinks all his arbitrary rankings are objectively correct
Kek

rateyourmusic.com/customchart

>196X

>197X

>198X

>199X

/thread

wow so meta and post ironic bro *inhales joint* very Sup Forums

>taking RYM seriously in any way

60's- pop
70's- experimental
80's- rock/punk/metal
90's- electronic
00's- ambient/drone
10's- irony

twin peaks is great nerd, wah its popular its ssshit

80's is by far the best decade, new wave is amazing, synth pop had some real gems (early OMD is where its at), minimal synth is great, almost everything on 4AD,noise pop, post punk, hardcore

00>10>80>90>70>50>60

>10s that high
invalidated

this guy knows

only thing worse than the 80s is modern 80s revivalism

Rec me some good drone from the 00's brotha