Is this a good state to move to? I've been, its beautiful but I've got to get out of here now

Is this a good state to move to? I've been, its beautiful but I've got to get out of here now.

Other urls found in this thread:

startribune.com/legislator-says-mall-of-america-cannot-ban-guns/293777331/
mallofamerica.com/guests/security
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's a great place to live.

Minneapolis here. Can't speak to the outstate, but the cities are great. High HDI, great art and music scenes, public transit that's improving all the time (stoked for the Hopkins LRT line) paired with a system of what I can best describe as bicycle freeways, pleasant summers and pretty if brutally cold winters, craft beers, and an MLS team now. Watch out for the cops though. They're trigger happy, and it's contributing to a bit of political instability.

great state to live in overall. too many Somalians and our governor is a idiot. been here for 15 years.

Born and raised. There's some good things here; Lakes with biddies on 'em, strong Swedish and Norwegian heritages, & Snow; sledding, skiing, men, boarding, blowing, mobileing, shoveling, plowing, shoeing, days, and pants

They make great samosas though. Also Cedar Riverside was way scarier before they moved in. All the bad shit was the bars, and htey don't go to the bars.

MNfag native reporting in.

Lemme break it down fer ya:

Winter lasts from October to April. By winter I mean temps less than 32 F. January the average daytime temp is literally zero degrees. It's cold as balls for more than half the years, which dictates the social climate

People are nice to your face but you will never be part of the group unless you're a hot chick. Minnesotans don't socialize with outsiders like in other states. They have their groups and stick to them. It's called "Minnesota nice" - give you directions to everywhere except your house

80% of the population lives in the 7 county "Twin Cities" metro area of Minneapolis-St. Paul. The west part and southwest Minneapolis is rich white people, the north is poor white people and the rest is a mix of Hmong, Somali, Russian, and Black. But it's mostly white people.

Also most girls are religious here. Ice queens all around. You will not fuck them. If they were DTF, they already did as teenagers are are mothers of multiple kids by their 21st birthday.

Other than that, it's a bunch of overweight midwesterners with bland food and meh beer with a blah social scene.

TLDR: No.

obvious fucking liberal hipster

Yeah, we have a ton of these shittards too. They took over uptown and now they are taking nordeast. Fucking hipster faggots.

pic related

I make no bones about that; I definitely hit a lot of the stereotypes. There's some serious Portlandia type shit going on here. Like, I live two blocks from an "urban forage" winery, and have a farmer's market within walking distance twice a week in the summer. My previous apartment was by an anarchist bike garage and a house with Wiccan protective inscriptions spraypainted on. If you're into that life, you will like it here.

>Winter: Yes
>MN Nice: Everyone I know is generally friendly, but I've lived here my whole life so I may be biased.
>Twin Cities: I'm from Stillwater and it's almost entirely white people. Somalians piss me the fuck off, but even most of the black folk here are pretty decent. I'd stay out of the cities, but just research your suburb first.
>Religion: Nailed that shit on the head.
>Overweight: Yeah
>Bland Food: Yeah kinda
>Meh Beer: Fuck off ya cunt there are so many bomb microbreweries around the twin cities. I'll go to bat for out beer any day.
>Blah Social Sense: Ehh the bars are fun if you aren't an asshole, and people are always pretty friendly and down to chat.

These guys are spot on

This guy has the best description in my opinion

See map

>People are nice to your face but you will never be part of the group unless you're a hot chick
Sounds like anywhere else

No, fuck off. It's cold and there are too many Somalians.

Also fuck off the reason we're awesome is because we don't have the retards like they do in Kansas or California.

"Bad drivers" and directly north is the best in my opinion, more points the farther away from the Ghetto. Either "Lakes and Trees" area can be nice if you find a moderately sized town.

I know it's been said a bunch already, but can I just say again how much the Somolians piss me off?
>Smelly
>Barely make an attempt to learn English
>Cause a shit load of crime
>Can't drive/no insurace
>Refuse to assimilate to our culture
>Stupid
>Suck up tax money with welfare

Did I miss anything?

I think user means like at a bar, you can't just walk up and talk to people like in the South. Or they'll talk to you in a bar, but not exchange contact info or invite you to private social things unless you're a hot chick or hot dude.

And it's like 75% fat chicks. Less fat in the cities because they are all young college kids, but all get fat within a couple years of graduating.

They wear burquas everywhere and NEVER WEAR ANYTHING OTHER THAN SANDALS.

I hate them with the passion of a thousand supernovae

Yeah that's exactly my experience. People here love to small talk at bars, but I never see anyone take it beyond that. You have to meet people through your friend group.

you will get into a car crash the first day that it snows in the winter

won't be your fault but there are unbelievably bad drivers

This.

I was a retail manager and had to literally tell the Muslim employees that if I could smell them when they arrived, I would send them home to shower.

Apparently the women never even apply for licenses and constantly drive their Somali vans without them, causing at least 25% of highway/interstate rush hour crashes according to my state trooper friend.

And they try to force everyone around them to change rather than learn because American culture things like how to talk to women respectfully. They seriously think Jersey Shore was a documentary about the average women and don't know how to handle educated Christian women who stand up to them. One of my male muslim ex-employees got into a shouting match with a woman and was horribly sexist so I had to fire him on the spot.

I could go on for days...

That's my issue with the "not assimilating".. I don't give a shit about Mexicans, because the few I meet just start to act like spicier Minnesotans. Walking around in a burqua in the middle of July and just being unfriendly in general just completely clashes with the way of like up here.I have no idea how more keep coming in because EVERYONE I've discussed this with secretly holds the same opinion as us.

We should make this known because I have yet to meet anyone who is even remotely pro-Somalian. I'm all for helping people, but Jesus Christ the somalis are a cluster fuck.

And then there's the whole #1 terror recruitment Hotspot in America dealio

One family comes on a legit VISA and then the whole family comes to "visit" and never leaves. They basically have to get caught by police committing a crime to get deported, but most of the women stay at home and pump out babies because the liberal governor doesn't want cops asking for citizenship status. That's why their population has exploded in the last 15 years.

I dreaded the day I had to move from MN. I'm all for new experiences and changing perspectives, but my biggest silver lining is the plan to move back.

What shithole did you move to? Utah?

Nobody wants to bring it up because they feel like assholes, but secretly everyone holds the same opinion. It wouldn't be nearly as bad if the dissipated throughout the state, but they all cluster up in groups and make these shitty slums where you literally just can't go into.

Grew up in sugar beet-land. Beet is spelt beet.

Yeah, as a Minnesotan, when I visited the South (did a few weeks of training for work in Memphis), the idea that you could just roll up and talk to whoever was a bit bizarre to me. This is not a thing we do. It strikes us as intrusive.

Naw, it's beat because of all the rednecks beating their wives

True story. I stand corrected.

pic related

Oh come on, man. If you can't go into Riverside, that's on you. I'm down there to watch soccer at the Nomad or see shows at the Triple Rock pretty regularly and the Somalis don't give a shit that I'm there; why would they?

Because they are not very friendly. I can shoot the shit in North St Paul just people I'm a goofy white guy and I'll make an attempt to get along with anyone. But Somolians just aren't very receptive to friendliness. It may just be a cultural barrier in regards to socializing, but that's my whole issue.

They took over Mall of America. All the teen Somalis with no parents roam in huge 20-30 person hoards taking up the entire hallway at a slow walking pace and start fights if you try to cut through them, and the somali gangs do it intentionally to grab a feel on white girls as a gang initiation. They take over the food court too, Mall of America security tried to handle it but they threatened religious discrimination and MoA backed off.

80% live in the cities? Are you fucking retarded? Also yea the place is just like any other state minus the natural disasters and shit in the wild that can kill you. RARELY do I meet a girl who is religious sounds like a bitter beta fag to me.

Fun fact for ya, I have my concealed carry license and apparently you are technically allowed to carry in MOA. None of the signs that are at the kiosks are legally binding, because they have to be posted at each entrance at a specific height, specific size, specific font, and specific color. And I would have to go back and check it out, but my instructor said none of their signs follow the guidelines, so they are little more than "NO WEAPONS" recommendations.

Fuck mudslimes.

The place I work had to spend thousands on these bathroom stall hand sprayers so they can wash their feet or some shit. They are never used, even though they needed them so bad. See the fuckers wash their hands when entering the bathroom, go take a shit, and walk out without washing their hands.

They're all fuckimg disgusting and all of the white folk are too pussy to say or do anything. I hated Trump, and not a big politics person, but at least he's trying to do SOMETHING.

You're obviously not from Minnesota.

Minnesota's total population is a little over 5 million. The Twin Cities 7 county metro is just under 4 million people, so yes, that's about 80%.

The only way to meet women in Minnesota is online dating because its so fucking cold no one leaves their house. And 99% of online dating profiles are looking for a husband or serious relationship. No one dates their just for fun, it's a weird serious commitment from day 1 thing.

I moved here from Maryland and it's fucking weird man. The girls here are harder to get into than Fort Knox and I'm a good lucking dude with a good paying job.

Yeah, here's the exact quote from the statute:

>What are the requirements
for the sign?
The sign must be 187 square inches in area. This includes an 11-inch-by-
17-inch sign, but it could also be other dimensions, as long as it is of the
required area. The background of the sign must be “bright.”
The lettering must be black Arial typeface at least 1.5 inches in height.
The lettering must contrast with the background of the sign.
The sign must indicate the identity of the operator of the private
establishment and state that the operator “BANS GUNS IN THESE
PREMISES.” For example: “ACME ANVILS, INC., BANS GUNS IN
THESE PREMISES.”

>Where must signs be
posted?
The signs must be posted within four feet laterally of every entrance to the
establishment. The bottom of the sign must be four to six feet above the
floor.

Here's a quick article I found:
startribune.com/legislator-says-mall-of-america-cannot-ban-guns/293777331/

Seems like they just would really like you not to have them, but they can't make it illegal. Note how they have to list the "ban guns on this premises" outside of the criminal act section.
mallofamerica.com/guests/security

You're telling me buddy. Online dating here is even rough because the girls are so fucking picky and cold.

Duluth born and raised

And dumb fuck minnesotas population is 5.59 million and st Paul and Minneapolis add up to just under 700k

Duluth is a small town with a small college in it. Learn more about your state, dumbass.

That's just the actual cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. user said the SEVEN COUNTY METRO AREA YOU AUTISTIC FUCK

>Duluth
>Small
4th biggest city my man. I'm not defending the guys opinion though.

Where are you getting your stats on 7 county metro area?

Pretty fucking easy imo.

Maybe you're just ugly

It's smaller than Rochester, which is 3rd, and Rochester's downtown is literally only two sqaure blocks. Tiny ass town. Go to the East or West coast and see actual cities.

Lol hell yeah I am. Idk about that guy though. Way easier to blame the ladies though.

Some of us pay attention when they cover this shit in high school about our state.

All,I'm,saying is he's a beta fag using gross estimations. Yes the majority lives in metro but I guarantee its not 80 %

Oh I didn't realize you were 17 my bad.

Easy if you like fat cows and can swallow your pride for that heavy ride.

For those of us with standards, it's brutal.

But you're staying statistics not personal prefence

I'm saying if you have Tinder Plus (and why wouldn't you spend $15 for unlimited likes?) set your location to Minneapolis and start swiping. 9/10 are slam pigs. That 1/10 is religious and not looking for hookups. You're fucked either way.

And?

80% live in the cities? Are you fucking retarded? Also yea the place is just like any other state minus the natural disasters and shit in the wild that can kill you. RARELY do I meet a girl who is religious sounds like a bitter beta fag to me.

Did the math for the 7 COUNTY METRO AREA and yea 59,percent live there. Not 80 you fucking tool.

Minnesota leads the nation in diagnosed cases of autism.

Just look at this thread focusing on percentages and missing the big picture.

Classic autism at work.

Life long Minnesota resident here. Currently in Woodbury area. Just wanted to point out all the sad little white baby men bitching about people who aren't like them. Probably one of the more noticeable things about living here is what little bitches a lot of younger white guys are. Waahhhh minorities.. wahhhh chicks aren't all tens.. Thing is, I'm a slightly older white guy and you little bitches come off like such beta momma's boys with your tired fake macho but actually scared to go anywhere BS.

Man the fuck up you little cunts. The world isn't about you and your precious delicate white boy experience. Fucking pussies.

Beta way of saying "oh fuck I was wrong how can I get out of this".

seems I was raised ion "Family Vacation Land"
I used to be great, now just OK. Taxes are high to support all the niggers and immigrants; roads are pretty poor even though they work on them all summer every summer; laws are draconian and the cops are not trustworthy or stable.
All that said, I like it more than not, I live right by a state snowmobile trail, the atv trail system is improving, the schools are ok but not as good as they once were.

The bigger picture is not the majority of women here are religious and people are generally nice. If you have people talking shit behind your back May be you should look in the fucking mirror you cuck.

Someone is triggered...

Unfortunately it's big enough to have a ton of niggers and heroin addicts in it. Other than that, it's not bad. UMD and CSS, 2 good teachiing hospitals, nice parks and trails.

I just perceived that the east part of the state looks like the east part of France as well.

>that's because y'all are pussies

That's because it has the only methodone clinic in the entire arrowhead. Next closest is Twin Cities or St. Cloud. A lot of that treatment is court ordered, so they move close to not miss treatments or risk prison.

>claims to be older white guy
>uses the word beta unironically

K

Go to coastal California. Everyone constantly fucks everyone. Moved from Duluth to Venice Beach ten years ago and have never looked back.

Lived in MN for 6 years, 4 in small college town and 2 in Minneapolis. Was pretty nice overall, wealthy city with good infrastructure and solid arts/entertainment scene. But it is so goddamn white, it's always super weird hearing white MNers bitch about minorities when there's so fucking few of them and its so easy to almost completely avoid them if that's what you want, even in the cities.

And the MN nice/weird cliquishness is very strange. A lot of them seemed weirdly hostile to the idea of other American cities with cultures slightly different then theirs existing, like if you talk about a cool thing in another city they quickly go to "oh, well, Minneapolis has x cool thing". My theory is it's a kinda isolated place and by far the best state in the region (I like Chicago but would rank the Twin Cities over it) so they get an inflated ego but then they don't really stack up against the more interesting places outside of the Midwest, so they get a combo superiority/inferiority complex

I found the Twin Cities really fun to visit. Lots of gorgeous young women, unlike Seattle where there seems to be a 30 and over age bar. Is it just a lack of DTF types that people are talking about, or is there no dating scene for educated chill girls, too?

Dunno about living there given the social barriers, though. They have a whole different language, like where if you ask someone something using the phrase "do you want to (x)" it's interpreted as a command. What the fuck man.

Agree on the Somalian issue though. I wish there was a non-racist way to discuss this; but short of that I'll say that the wholesale import of poverty is a crap idea for any community.

The good ones are all taken by the end of college and married by 25, what's left are the fatties and religious bitches who expect the world without offering anything, including the all too common hyper religious single mother with multiple kids of different ethnicities.

A lot of my friends *did* get married after I left school there... Damn. Seattle is just tinder swingers and old people.

The men are "one uppers" in conversation and the women are the epitome of passive aggressive. Hell even the men go passive aggressive once they can't top you. It is a very weird thing I noticed too.

>hearing white MNers bitch about minorities

Work or live around them, I dare you. Can't count how many fucking pirate vans I've seen cause crashes, or the generally disgusting messes they leave in public. Ever seen a white man shit in a bicycle helmet in Walmart and leave it in the middle of the isle? Ever seen a little kid whip it out and piss on a total strangers car, WITH parents watching?

Shit dude, it's always cunts like you that aren't actually in the fuckery to sit and complain about people being mad about the moderately okay society turning into I'mthecaptainnow land.

>if you talk about a cool thing in another city they quickly go to...

This is the northern portion of the midwest in general user. Not sure why, just is.

LEARN TO ZIPPER MERGE, MOVE RIGHT FOR FASTER TRAFFIC, AND QUIT TEARING UP YOUR DAMN ROADS EVERY YEAR YOU STUPID MOTHER FUCKING IDIOTS!!!

As long as you're not driving, in a liberal, nigger, or redneck area (in that order) then it's pretty nice place.

I'm only 25 though so maybe I could snag a younger one. that's always been my taste anyhow.

So basically Edina/Lake Minnetonka/west burbs?

Godspeed user, they're usually taken by the middle of highschool.

College girls? Nope. Goodluck.

Act fast. After 25, you're the "old creeper" in the bar and forget about it after 30. I'm 32 now and I can't even go to clubs anymore.

gif related

Woodbury guy here again. The fuck is wrong with you? I've worked and associated with pretty much every type of minority that lives here and all I can say is your experience seems to reflect mostly on you. You must be one ignorant intolerant fuck-wad to have so many ongoing issues with anyone who isn't just like you.

Get it together man, you make the entire state look bad. My guess is you are likely either in HS or only have a very basic education and are well on your way to being a bitter ass angry shit stain. Likely headed for a spot on channel 5 news at ten for going off one of these days.

That or the summit hill area

Totally. I remember a few isolated incidents where some coworker would complain/talk some mild shit about me behind my back, I'd hear about it and try to resolve the issue next time I saw them face to face and they'd be aghast I was addressing it head on instead of with passive aggressive tactics. And I'm not a confrontational aggressive person at all, I was just like oh here's a minor problem let's talk it out. Felt real good moving to the south where people will be candid with you quick if they're not happy with you

>Only associate with the minorities that successfully got out of the shit holes in the twin cities
>Calls others bigots for having to deal with the ones that didn't make it out

I mean, I kinda did bro. Lived in Powederhorn Park/Midtown with a fair number of brown people around and they never gave me trouble. Even took my car to a Somali owned repair shop next door and they treated it ok for some basic shit. Worked for a time in the Northeast and did some volunteer adult ESL tutoring and never experienced anything shitty. Granted, the Somali ESL students were a group actively trying to gain some integration skills so maybe a select group.

I'm sure there's some backwards and shitty fucks in the mix, but my main point is even in the cities there are so many areas that are white as fuck and without crazy costs of living, so if you really can't stand them why not just live there? I mean, somewhere like fuckin Uptown?

surprised no one posted a pic of one of these signs

Rochester isn't a bad place to live, kind of getting infested by niggers though (so keep that in mind). plenty of good places to eat and lots of single nurse milfs around.

Minnesota pizza is the worst pizza in America. It's like someone vaguely described pizza on a bad phone line.

>lots of single nurse milfs around

You mean lots of single mothers? Yeah, we covered that already...

Minnesota is the #1 consumer of frozen pizzas. Only place in america where an entire side of a grocery freezer is only for pizza.

coming from someone in grand rapids, its pretty good place if you like somewhat secluded private homes and a lot of nature, hockey, trees, the only problem here that i notice is there is a ton of rednecks

Scando shit runs deep, man. Go to Scandoland and it's all Dr Oetker at the supermarket.