What did you think of it?

Narcos Season 2. Why is nobody talking about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11151480
youtube.com/watch?v=Xz7_3n7xyDg
imgur.com/a/oYjFO
youtube.com/watch?v=wLpW643ZhDc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Pablo escobar will never be your presidente
Why even live.

Also,the 2 last episodes were shit.

>los PEPEs
>Carilla throws men out of a chopper without shooting them
>Pablo being grumpy about anything
>Pedro Pascal snaking around

The meme potential of this show is theough the roof and no one's saying shit. I don't fucking get it. I guess Sup Forums doesn't have Netflix.

Why is the theme song so good? I never skip it. Something about it is hauntingly comforting.

>It's a Pablo Escobar thread

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

died
>broke
>out of shape
>alone
w-was he, our guy?

>last 2 episodes were shit

Just leave this empty ass thread right now and take your awful taste with you. That whole scene with Pablo getting some ice cream and talking to Gustavo was glorious. Historical accuracy aside, this show's execution was excellent. However, I will say that I was somewhat upset that they pulled a Breaking Bad on Maritza, but that led to a very thought provoking moment with the driver.

first for maritza best girl

the ending when the camera is panning over the city of Medellin sends chills down my spine.

It's very beautifully written; literal poetry with very vivid imagery.
The blending of a familiar, relaxing, latin beat with the guitar/violin that stands out really gives an ambiance of that Colombian "magical realism".

My only qualms is the guy singing it has a weird accent since he's apparently Portuguese.

Heartbreaking. :/

I didn't feel bad for him. He was an hypocritical faggot that blamed everybody else but not himself.

COMA MIERDA HIJO DE PUTA

not to mention the sheer amount of people he killed, directly and indirectly. I absolutely love how the show tries to shy away from the fact that this man is a mass murderer by depicting Pablo playing with his children and being affectionate and caring towards his family, it makes you realize how despite all he's done, he is still a human with feelings and people that care for him as much as he cares for them.

that scene was pure feels

fuck this show is so good. i hate that they hamfisted so much of the pablo story/history in season 1. the pablo story should have easily spanned 4-5 seasons.

i don't give a fuck about the cali cartel. this show is over.

>i don't give a fuck about the cali cartel. this show is over.
This.

Any wikifag here? Is the Cali cartel fall intredasting enough to watch season 3?

Same here, no idea why they picked a guy with that shit accent

The series is really appreciated best when Spanish is your native language because you can distinguish all the different accents throughout the show. Although that's also sometimes annoying because of the aforementioned weird accents.

The one that particularly annoyed me was the guy who played one of the mexican drug lords in S1. He just didn't sound mexican at all

agreed, I think it'll be a mistake to do another season without Wagner Moura and Pablo

but netflix never seems to know when to stop

This show is about Pena and Murphy actions in taking down Medellin and Cali cartels. I believe Pena also helped capture El Chapo. Murphy went off to hunt Taliban heroin producers. Both of these guys retired a few years ago. The Cali cartel downfall led to the Sinloa Cartel becoming the biggest drug cartel in teh world.

They get fucked by the US and Colombian governments. This around the time the Colombian government started burning down coke labs and killing off anyone who helped them. This is why Colombia is no longer a coke producer state. I, maybe wrong but Bolivia and Peru became the new coke producers.

Did Carrillo do anything wrong?

poll:
strawpoll.me/11151480

pls explain yesfags

THERE GOES MY HERO

>Why is nobody talking about it?
Taco Truck: The Series

They are plebs who prefer shit like House of Cards or Stranger Things to nice narco kino like Narcos because they are bothered by having to read subtitles.

XD

das racist XDdD :^)

hnnnnggg I could tell that ass was phat as fuck

>I, maybe wrong but Bolivia and Peru became the new coke producers.
Uhh is it not Mexico?

He didn't pull the trigger on that little kid instead.

They bring in the drug to the country through their transit points in Central America. Mexico doesn't have the environment for coke production.

Latin girls who take care of themselves usually have phat butts.

>Pablo it has been a month since I went to church

This fucking women.

His dad on the other hand was based.

It was pretty neat.
I wish Maritza had survived though.

She ruined the whole fucking thing for Pablo. He'd probably still be alive if it weren't for her.

how does one make a webm without the dude so that one can get a clean, pause free fap in?

teach me.

nah, she only sped up stuff

>I DINDU NUFFIN PABLO
>PABLO TELL HER I DINDU NUFFIN

Did Blackie just not care about his dead pregnant gf?

And why did they just murder Lion when was set to handle their exports up in Miami?

limon did literally nothing wrong

We'll never know for sure but you're probably right. Still, she didn't help shit.

His days were already numbered

>Trust pablo tata
>why you don't trust pablo tata
>we'll be ok tata,pablo will save us
>.........

>patron
>patron
>patron
>patron
XD

Once he gave up all of Pablo's operations and connections they had no use for the rat

Loyalty. He showed he has none. This is why you don't switch sides in that world.

if he betrayed Pablo for a better deal he would've betrayed Cali cartel as well

better to put someone you trust in his place

I think they already had all the infrastructure in place that Lion became an unnecessary middleman.

>tequila brand literally called Boss
that's boss as fuck

What will season 3 be like? I don't know anything about Cali

> that dindu speech at the end
fucking infuriating
she unironically should've been lynched right then and there

Cunt with a mullet who killed his waifu

>Did the black guy not care about his gf and their illegitimate child
Gee, I wonder

Is blackie the smartest nigga in Colombia? He immediately knew how to calm down Pablo when he asked about his wife and children.

Too bad he got caught.

How does one ironically lynch?

We'll be getting more Pedro Pascal as Pena, Damian Alcazar as the Cali don, and more of the far-right paramilitary brothers. It will probably be awesome.

>Those teeth

Oh fuck...FUCK

He looks like a horse.

>I absolutely love how the show tries to shy away from the fact that this man is a mass murderer by depicting Pablo playing with his children and being affectionate and caring towards his family, it makes you realize how despite all he's done, he is still a human with feelings and people that care for him as much as he cares for them.
gee, I know right. it's almost as if people are complex. if I didn't know any better I'd say that the show was trying to portray pablo as realistically as possible.

why do you keep posting this shitty dream movie? Are you going to post your dumb moby dick shit too?

fuck off

She was the mans mother.
What do you expect?

Loved it, just like the first season. Outstanding performances all around, expect it to pull down several Emmys this year just like last.

Just a fantastic tale all around even if it's had "the Hollywood treatment" done to the original story it's based upon.

Liam Lynch of Course

youtube.com/watch?v=Xz7_3n7xyDg

Pascal's the best. I'd love seeing him in more shit. I saw him once at a Q&A at a convention and he's chill as hell. I walked away disappointed in myself because I knew I'd likely never be even half as based as he is.

All of pablo's sicarios were murderous sociopaths

him and la quica should've been hanged

did anyone else want to bash grandma escobar's head in when she came home acting smug when it turned out she led the los pepes right to the family?? the writing in this show is on point. they got that arrogant mother knows best attitude perfectly, and the actress pulled it off well, whether through skill or natural personality

>it's a "Pablo is playing with his kids, but then is giving bad news by his henchmen, breaths deeply, goes back to his kids, and responds by bombing the shit out of people" episode

That was someone else's

>tfw la quica is still held at a U.S prison
>tfw your taxes are paying for la quica's food everyday

>It's a "Sorry to disturb you Pablo but this is important" episode

How the Cali Cartel was like the KGB of the drug world.

>We El Chapo soon

how so

Its funny La quica was fucking scared of poison and being around him caused him to be a complete psychopath.

I can't believe she even had the audacity to argue with Tata afterward. All that blood on her hands, including Tata's own brother. She should've been smacked the fuck up, at the very least. Pablo's such a softie toward his senpai.

Question for murricans, how do you feel watching a spanish show with English subtitles?

Did you not notice Murphy and Pena at the end of the show toasting their beers together at the bar before we see the actor playing Pena?

>you people all seemed to have missed their little cameo appearance there
>saw it and knew exactly who they were instantly
>brave mofos to this day and still honorable

I'd post a screenshot but I already deleted the files, someone else can find it.

Manufacturer vs wholesale retailer pham.

indifferent

No different than watching any other show with English subtitles. I'm still waiting for the second season of Deutschland 83 (the first season came out even before Narcos last year)

The show is great. They actually made Pablo a sympathetic character, imo. I felt myself caring more about him (even though he was a murderous psychopath) and thinking less of the bullshit the United States government pulled. America is the real bad guy in Narcos.

here

imgur.com/a/oYjFO

They looked really familiar to me but I didn't make the connection until seeing a Sup Forums thread and remembering I'd seen their pictures before while googling about the show's story and background.

I watch all my shows with subtitles enabled these days so it's no different experience for me. It's because most times I don't give a shit enough to adjust the volume so I rely on reading to comprehend dialogue instead.

They had an entire intelligence wing in the cartel to monitor the US embassy and the Colombian military. They hired a lot of foreign mercenaries and spies to protect them and do their technical jobs. They were all arrested in 1995 and the cartel ceased to exist in 2006. El Chapo escaped prison in 1998 or 99 so around the time the Cali cartel was crippled and there was no main supplier. He basically took those drug routes and he already controlled the smuggling routes into the US. This made his cartel the biggest in the world. Now his whole empire is falling apart and new players want in. He will talk to the US gov't for some deal. Lots of head will start rolling once he's in US jurisdiction.

Good job, user.

Would Chapo really turn rat? It seems to be really despised among his sort of people.

I often have subtitles on too, even for English language shows/movies, but it's because I have bad hearing when it comes to picking out words/phrases sometimes. Especially if the speaker has an accent or is just quiet.

They showed Murphy circa 93 in the famous escobar picture. Dude straight up looks like WASP. Those two guys are legends in the DEA world.

> tfw Pena works in my city
I wonder what part of the season we're in and when this place will stop being a shit hole

Isn't Pena now a regional DEA director for the south or something like that?

They all turn rats once you're in US custody. Look at how La quica and blackie turned against the cartel. No honor among thieves. El Chapo will spent the rest of his life in Florence ADX. This is where the worst of the worst in the US prison system are housed. Google the list if you want to know who is housed there. I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't talking to the Americans.

Was. He's retired. The actor that played Pena said he turned in his badge in 2014. Murphy retired somewhere around 2011-13.

Is US imprisonment considered worse than death? If so why? Pablo's sicarios were dying for him but like you said, once the americans had them they'd turn fast.

>watching Narcos instead of El Patron del Man

That's part of the fucking problem and could have easily been resolved.

Wagner Moura in real life looks really different from when he's play Pablo
youtube.com/watch?v=wLpW643ZhDc

You have no freedom. Prisons in their country is not prison. You can still have freedom and do business. In American prisons you're a convict like everyone else and you have no power. This is why they dont' want to go to an American prison. Plus they'll locked them up in supermax prisons where you're locked down 23 hours a day.

shhhh,stop breaking my fantasy world.

well, yeah. i would consider solitary confinement in a shit house for 23 hours a day for the rest of your life worse than being given the sweet release of death.