Convinced this is the greatest capeshit ever made, just rewatched it to be sure...

Convinced this is the greatest capeshit ever made, just rewatched it to be sure. I haven't seen BvS yet but I bought it today. Is this new DC line capekino being born? Does BvS live up to Man of Steel?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/IYualtfABeYS0sLqGPP38g/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/Xq1gGbqQBNfYRJ3gTPLH7w/
desuarchive.org/_/search/filename/1471042078749/
archive.4plebs.org/_/search/filename/1471042078749/
youtube.com/watch?v=QUUGDRxJnFU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

suck my cock bruh

are you autistic? This movie was terrible, and so was BvS and suicide squad. Watch a decent movie like Captain america 3 fukin pleb

It does.
Truly capekino at its finest.

yes. you will love BvS

smoke some weed beforehand it will put you right in the action

fuck off samefag

Literally couldn't even top the matrix sequels

Man of STeel wasn't the worst capeshit movie I've seen.

It was mediocre and a little up it's own ass with the symbolism sometimes, but it was entertaining, if a bit forgettable.

BvS is just really bad though. If you must watch it, avoid the theatrical release like the plague. The DVD release fixes some of it's problems, but still suffers from being a little too long, having too much focus on subplots that go fucking nowhere(Lois bullet thing, Clark's barely explained hate against Batman when it has nothing to do with why they fight later, Knightmare flashforwards that never impact anything and are never brought up again after they happen, etc).

Also, mentally drop "v" from the title and just call it Batman/Superman in your head. The hatred is basically entirely one-sided from Batman and the entire fight takes about 6 minutes before there's suddenly a CGI monster.

That said, outside of the Knightmare scene and it's godawful fight choreography, Ben Affleck is a surprisingly good at playing both Batman and Bruce Wayne, and has a pretty great fight warehouse fight scene later on, even if he gets useless when the CGI troll monster shows up.

The theatrical cut is kino

The ultimate cut is a generic blockbuster

>uc adds 30 whole extra minutes
>"it still suffers from being a little too long"

Dude...

>Does BvS live up to Man of Steel?

I believe it does. BvS is a way more complicated movie than MoS, so prepare yourself to not absorb everything on one viewing.

And like you, MoS has become my favorite cape film ever made. Have you read many comics?

Funnily enough if you dislike MoS you may actually have autism or a very fucked up moral compass

The theatrical vs DC doesn't really apply here. As the movies are fundamentally the same, just the DC has two hours worth of plot threads that are completely dropped as soon as lex kidnaps mommy kent, opposed to 90 minutes.

If anything, the DC is a little worse, for instance, in the theatrical version, batman leads doomsday back to gotham for no reason, then spends most of his time hiding. But in the DC, batman says he needs to lead doomsday to the spear... but then exerts zero effort to retrieve it.

So its a bloated mess vs a slightly more bloated mess.

...feel free to elaborate...

feel free to shut the fuck up

You have terrible videogame taste. Come back when you've passed the real Sup Forums test, /r/movies

Bruce mentions the spear in both versions, I'm reasonably sure.

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/IYualtfABeYS0sLqGPP38g/

>Have you read many comics?

Yes. I read a lot in the 90s and then stopped but started again with the new 52.

I fell like BvS was made for fans of comics.

I shall choose to decline.

as it's not like I (or you) have anything better to do.

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/Xq1gGbqQBNfYRJ3gTPLH7w/

autism begets autism, it seems.

autist

>batman leads doomsday back to gotham for no reason
He was leading him to where the kryptonite spear was(he mentioned this in both versions) and got shot down before he could get it.

>not this instead proving capeshittters are crossies
>desuarchive.org/_/search/filename/1471042078749/
Hehe

That's odd, considering how horribly it represents the comics.
Compare for example All Star Superman's portrayal of Superman to what we see in these movies.

>buying films
>current year

ISHYGDDT

Dude this meme died months ago. You're late to the party.

>he literally only ever posts on Sup Forums
wtf lol?

or this :^)
archive.4plebs.org/_/search/filename/1471042078749/

That's odd, why would you compare All Star Superman to a Superman that's still going through character development in this version?

Not him, but I wouldn't so much call it a moral failing or an autistic thing as much as I'd call it a maturity thing.

It all comes down to understanding that even by the end of the film, Clark hasn't finished growing into the hero he's destined to become. His own understanding of the lessons his parents imparted on him through his childhood is imperfect. As an example, he tells Lois, "I let my father die because he was convinced the world wasn't ready for someone like me." That's incorrect. It wasn't that the world wasn't ready. The world isn't and *can't* truly be ready for such a revelation. The actual issue is that Clark himself wasn't ready to shoulder that burden at the time.

>greatest capeshit ever made

But that's not 'the incredibles' user.

Fine. Let's try Superman for All Seasons, where he saves someone from a tornado in Smallville. Someone he knows. Without his big secret getting revealed. Let's try that.

But isn't that a movie about why you shouldn't have capes?

Because the Superman in the DCEU is not the Superman from Superman for All Seasons?

capekino better than MoS

Batman Returns

Watchmen

Spiderman 2

By which you mean it's a shitty Superman, but refuse to admit it.

snyder has been jerking off the "gritty grimdark" stint comics went through in the 90s so hard he literally broke it and ended up having WB tell him to lighten shit the fuck up.

So, yea, the DCEU was made for fans of the 90s comics (basically no one) and retards who think just because this is darker than marvel, its brilliant.

read

DC shitskins don't like its pro white message though

>and ended up having WB tell him to lighten shit the fuck up.

>he doesn't get the point of BvS

You're comparing apples to oranges. Every time a writer writes for Superman they tweak the character in some way because they can. The DCEU is just another version of one character. It's why the character has lasted so long.

Clark in Superman for All Seasons, at the point I mentioned, didn't even have a costume. He hadn't "grown" into a hero either.
He just hadn't been written by an asshat.
Well at least the DCEU won't last.

You're putting more thought into it than zack snyder did.

The only reason his pa kent was such a paranoid idiot is because the only comic zack snyder's ever read is watchmen, and zack snyder believes if superman was revealed during the cold war, he'd become doctor manhattan. Because doctor manhattan was referred to as "the superman" in watchmen.

>subplots that go fucking nowhere
FUCKING LOL
>Clark's barely explained hate against Batman when it has nothing to do with why they fight later,
bro,
>Knightmare flashforwards that never impact anything and are never brought up again after they happen
relax

the function of the extra thirty minutes is in showing the audience where those characters are at, specifically with clark we see what he sees, and the frustrations he has as clark that feed into his frustrations as superman

in regards to the fight, superman doesn't want to fight anyone, at that point luthor had even revealed that he had manipulated batman. of course he still feels some type of way and progressively loses patience
shit, these aspects of the movie aren't worth talking so much about

and especially for anyone who thinks the movie is terrible, just don't talk about it. you're not doing your supposed view any favors by feeding the fire

Hes low IQ. it's irredeemable filth -- it takes a Christopher Nolan to have Superman's earthly father suggest that young Clark Kent should let a schoolbus full of kids drown rather than reveal his superpowers, but it takes a Zack Snyder to encase General Zod inside a fullbody metallic dildo before sending him into the Phantom Zone. And it takes both of them to grossly exploit 9/11 imagery with all those collapsing skyscrapers.

No son, this wasn't an intentional turn.

I'm pretty sure Zack read 300, since he adapted it much better than he did Watchmen.

nice headcanon

You actually might be dense if you can see the end of BvS and think there wasn't going to be a character shift.
Chris Terrio was literally talking about it before BvS came out.

I guess I vastly overestimated the way your mind works, the way you vastly overestimate the way snyder's mind works.

tonal shift*

>the only comic zack snyder's ever read is watchmen

source?

>tfw you'll never be this pathetically stubborn about film

that didn't happen, read any of the interviews
all star superman isn't the everything of superman, and it's straight up nostalgia that has straight up created a false narrative that superman has always been this weird exaggerated "bright" personality, when he has been more or less a reserved quiet personality most of the time

and the movies aren't really dark either, people are are kinda angry sometimes in bvs and there's violence, and now it's somehow the raid or some shit

well before the movie came out interviews with snyder and cavill talked about how this movie is just part of superman's journey, cavill straight up teasing that the next movie would be a fully formed superman, again, before the movie came out

I'm among those that believe that what Snyder and his team are giving us is a setting that starts out as a grim, gritty, and "Nolanesque" and is in the process of transitioning into a more recognizable comic book world. There's hints to that effect all over BvS.

Essentially, it's pretty on-point commentary about how the deconstructionist fad of the 80s and 90s was directly responsible for Superman's comic book death arc. Conversely, in the films, it's the event that inspires Bruce back to the straight and narrow and is the sacrifice that is the catalyst for a new Heroic Age.

Also, this pose look familiar to anyone?

You really are pulling mental gymnastics to imply the reshoots of suicide squad after BvS under performed, along with announcements subsequent DCEU movies would be lighter in tone, were planned ahead of time, because of how BvS ended.

Your mind is literally broken by your fanboyism.

Man of Steel is better.

THIS is Superman

youtube.com/watch?v=QUUGDRxJnFU

This is why my biggest fear is asian women.

They are like demons dressed up to be human.

Say what you will, I am not going to give these people any more money, and I won't be pirating their shit either.
Except maybe Aquaman.

>Snyder and his team are giving us is a setting that starts out as a grim, gritty, and "Nolanesque" and is in the process of transitioning into a more recognizable comic book world.

I agree with you, and I feel we're in the minority on this thinking.

fuck off, jonathan kent is not "paranoid" in any way shape or form

every single scene of his in MoS expresses concern for all of humanity and not for clark's individual concern's, it'd be way easier to argue that jonathan put too much on clark's shoulders by telling him that he would change the world, as no normal parent has that type of conversation with a child no matter how gifted

I counter your assertion that the tonal shift was planned ahead of time with incontrovertible proof it was done in response to test marketing and lower than expected performance.

You really are pulling mental gymnastics out your ass to imply some comedic reshoots and announcements discredit what the lead writer was talking about before the film came out and the entire resolution of Superman/Batman's inner conflicts at the end of BvS

>Also, this pose look familiar to anyone?
Yes and it was done in a much more authentic way by terry in the same year you high schoolcore movie buff

Yes, yelling at superman for not letting kids die is just the way he expresses his concern for all of humanity.

>Freedom
FREEDOM IS NOT A TAROT, REEEEEE!

That's true but you won't get a serious response besides this one here on a meme thread.

are you baiting or do you actually believe the stupid shit you write?

Tell that to Zod's snapped neck.

i fucking hate you guys

that straight up goes contrary to the message of bvs

"you can't let the world get you down" all of a sudden turns into "haha the world is a fun place just because superman died for it, haha because you know, despite us presenting the idea of faith in the face of uncertainty we're going to switch to a world of complete certainty, because, you know, 'comic-book world' and 'real world' is a totally valid dichotomy haha"

No son, I'm laughing at you. As soon as I saw the end of BvS I knew DCfans were going to start trying to pretend the "marvelization" was planned all along. And here you are. Pretending the marvelization was planned all along.

No. That was Clark Kent

Have you ever seen them in the same place at the same time?

>No son, I'm laughing at you
No you aren't.

>As soon as I saw the end of BvS I knew DCfans were going to start trying to pretend the "marvelization" was planned all along. And here you are. Pretending the marvelization was planned all along.
All I said was a tonal shift was happening regardless, whether or not they amp it up a lot is anyone's guess now, but the tonal shift setup was blatant and you'd be an idiot not to see it.

also you keep dodging the fact that Terrio talked about it.

> greatest capeshit ever made
> not Superman Returns

If you like MOS you'll like BvS. You might not like Suicide Squad?

he doesn't fucking yell at clark, that is blatant misinfo you're basing an opinion on

Well... no. I mean, I don't think so

>a tonal shift was gonna to happen!
>its just a total coincidence it was announced after BvS failed to perform as expected! And suicide squad reshoots? TOTAL COINCIDENCE!! THIS WAS PLANNED ALL ALONG

You're right. I'm not laughing. I'm dying inside.

Jesus christ wake the fuck up man.

Not him but aren't you grasping at straws here?

You're absolutely correct. That was a Superman who grew up in a mythical Wizard-of-Oz-esque Kansas very much wrapped in the nostalgia we have for our romanticized past before disappearing into the Fortress of Solitude for twelve years before making his debut as a fully-realized Superman.

The Donner films are fantastic, but as someone said earlier in the thread, it's something of an apples to oranges comparison.

ok fine you win the internet argument, congrats you weird faggot.

All Star is veteran Superman. Movie represents rookie Superman. Also I think that the other user meant that if the viewer doesn't know who Parademons or the Flash is they might not get as excited as someone who watches Marvel movies and needs every little thing spoon fed to them since they've never read a comic book in their life etc.

fucking terrio literally says "i wanted to write the world out of this dark place" in an interview with the wallstreetjournal BEFORE the movie came out

has there been adjustments? sure. are the adjustment a complete deviation from what they planned to do? who fucking knows

The emotional context of the scene after clark doesn't let kids drown to hide the fact he has powers is papa kent scolding/chiding his son for not letting kids drown, in a raised, not-fucking-around voice. Which can be easily interpreted as "yelling."

Whereas MOS is a Superman that is poorly written and acted that doesn't have a good theme (actually let's face it he doesn't even have a theme).

>Movie represents rookie Superman
Thank you for repeating the same thing the other guy said and ignoring my response to it, which was Superman for All Seasons. He's a rookie there. He saves someone he knows in Smallville, during a tornado attack. It's the exact opposite of what happens in MoS.

Meaning they knew they had shit on their hands, thus the simultaneous international review embargoed holiday weekend release. Also cutting the movie down to get 20% more screenings per day.

It's good to raise your godlike son not to play god.

Can you imagine if Pa Kent was like "Do whatever you want." Clark just finishes reading the Republic for school then takes over the world.

Pa Kent has a little thing called catholic shame. Making Clark second guess his nature as an alien and making it something to hide not flaunt is intelligent and the exact opposite of the usual Pa Kent who is a total yes men and just spouts inspirational quotes to Clark all day. Jor El did that in this movie while Pa Kent was more of a realist. It was much more intelligent and subtle then people realize. My only gripe is I prefer when Pa Kent dies of a heart attack that way Clark can visibly see he can't save everyone. Not choosing not the save if that makes sense.

how?
he's reframing the events of a scene to come off in way they didn't

jonathan doesn't "yell" at clark, shit, at least not how i have witnessed or experienced yelling

furthermore, he says that jonathan is on clark for saving kids, which is isn't the point of the scene. even if we take the "maybe" and ignore the expressions going on between the two, that is still absolutely not equivalent to "let them die!!" as people keep saying

blatantly twisting shit around to be what it literally isn't cannot be taken seriously as an opinion on what a movie is or isn't

Any movie with amy adams is confirmed shit
This is a fact

Snyder didn't think about the movie. Thats what the screen writers are for. He just directed it. That's why the action is so over the top in these movies. It's his strong suit. Zack grew up reading Heavy Metal and didn't really like superheroes. Pretty based if you actually think about it.

>how?
By ignoring the actual point he was making and attacking the phrasing.
> that is still absolutely not equivalent to "let them die!!"
But it could be, because he did say "maybe". Meaning that letting the kids die was a valid option. Which it shouldn't be.
Whatever, I'm not the one you were arguing with, so let's just drop this.

The pakent and clark relationship is just about impossible to write organically. Pa kent needs to somehow instill his godlike son with a prebaked flawless moral compass, because what ever pa teaches clark, nothing can happen to clark that will ever cause those lessons to waiver or come into question, at any point in time.

The problem is snyder's pa kent raised clark to be a complete fucking sociopath, but th script just kinda forces itself to adhere to standard comic lines, despite no good reason for superman to not just crown himself godking of the earth.

the fuck? this is complete bullshit

the ACTUAL SUBTEXT is that jonathan notices that clark is distressed outside so he leaves martha with the kid and his mom as he goes to check on him.

he starts with a raised voice then quickly lowers his voice, as the scene progresses you see jonathan getting gentler and explaining himself more as he sees clark getting more and more distressed

to just say "he yelled at him for saving the kids" is complete bullshit, not only because it misconstrues what actually happened, but because even if it is accurate the scene quickly moves away from that to what the meaning of the scene is, clark wanting answers for why he is the way he is

*was

Liked this movie growing up but Superman II was much better because of punching aliens. Superman II is also where Akira Toriyama got the idea for DBZ. Then when MOS came out everyone thought it was too over the top with the "DBZ" fights. LOL where do you think that shit came from?

That being said, I love Reeves but Superman in these movies is more like the 50s version of him which he hasn't acted like in around fifty years.

The only people with writing credits on MoS are goyer, nolan, and the creators of superman. Goyer says he didn't write it, nolan didn't write it, and the creators of superman didn't write it.

Leaving zack fucking snyder.