How do I get into the video game business?

How do I get into the video game business?

Just do really scummy shit

LEARN CODING, LEARN ART, get whipped into piles that accomplish jack shit, rinse repeat.

/thread

learn programming,
with unity's tutorials.
even if you dont use unity,
they will teach you programming real quick.

then,
learn modeling,
with blender.
BlenderGuru has a great beginner series.

after that, practice design and theory, conceptualizing, and play lots of tabletop for ideas.

Fuck a ton of girls and make games that mock robots for being pure.

Go to college, train hard for years and maybe, just maybe, you might get to create a 3d model that is used in one level of a 20 level AAA game.

Okay well that's a shit question. Basically get a college degree and know someone, then join some corporation like electronic arts where they suck the fun out of everything and then even your own fans will hate you and then the corporation will buy your favorite studio developers that would give you totally different advice because the world is different then when they started, then this corporation will make them make shit games over and over again as they buy up and destroy anything fun and try to milk more payment transactions out of it and people that even liked the games to start with stop buying them and it's just idiots with too much money buying it because they just want to talk about owning it rather than playin git. You ever hear that news paper article about the guy from EA that got shot by a crazed gunman? that shit happened, wasn't even an office shooting. Basically don't have any interest in guns, or anything politically that strays from whatever bullshit they teach in college because you're going to be the guy they hired to milk as a lolcow as entertainment about how autistic you are while getting away with sexual harrassment lawsuits or some shit fucking girls that tell them they want to be game devs and they pull their dick out and are like saying things such as "yeah you like being a game dev? milk that cock you cock slut." then she'll probably go around sucking off game review journalists or having vaginal intercourse with them even though she has a boyfriend or husband, and the guy also probably has a home but it doesn't wreck anyones home because they'll just make it more public and get money off people ranting about half facts of it all.

Or you could just make and distribute some of your own. I would never work for a studio myself it just sounds terrible.

this is false
video game college is a sham

I can tell you from experience
There are 0, none, NO game-selling mediums that ask you or give half a dick about whether you went to college, or whether you watched the same curriculum online at home.

>double parks in two handicapped spaces
>"Hi! I'm from Bethesda and we've been looking for a community manager. Are you interested?"
granted op is retarded but you're even more retarded than he is.

Preach it brother, humanity too stupid of a collective to be allowed much purity in such a powerful form. We are nowhere close to done bashing our heads against it, expect nintendo to do a bunch of nothing and hold the market together, while Sony sweats over which dev to give the podium. I don't care at least they are still shipping the tech, which can be re-purposed for the free. Underground VR is where its at.

Start freelancing or make your own game. If you in fire with it, you will success

I'm not trying to preach shit.
Sony is alright. They do a lot of stuff aside from software. I kind of wish I hadn't had a budget choice between nintendo and sony because it was all down hill when I strayed from nintendo. Even just calling their customer service and having a conversation was pretty decent. which is weird because I went off a phone number that was put on the bottom of the console YEARS before I had a problem.
As far as writing software and playing games, I just pity most developers. Even if they're really good at what they do, they still fail. All the studios I liked from the playstation era where either consolidated or gone by the ps2 era, and really throwing all the talented people together ps2 had the best games and just the biggest selection of stuff that was fun to play and not just like a click bait flashplayer game.

I got convinced in the early 2000's by really successful games I loved to just go home take off my pants and jacket to play, hearing about what their family life was like not to do that shit. Big box corporations and how they treat the employees.

>Claim to be feminist
>Sart go fund me
>make a few videos about how video games are opressive
>use flash or basic coding to make a game/steal and edit the coding of a different game
>use lots of femenist undertones
>lots of feminism
>live off feminist shekles scraping out 1 or 2 shitty reskin games per year while releasing gameplay videos of other games saying how sexist the games are and how you a rewarded for killing females
>ensure you show the point/score penilization when killin females in the video at the point you say you get rewarded for doing it.
>more feminism

You already are part of it as an end user. Stay where you are

You work your ass off becoming an intelligent professional and yet miraculously remain stupid enough to join such a shit industry

Convert to jew and you will get all the funds you need from other jews and be able to hire a lot of non jew staff to create the shit for you then claim complete ownership and jew your employees out of money.

That's such bullshit. While I might of said something along such lines if you join a corporation. I'm just saying look at places like EA. The people that finance it the very top are all fucking around on a yacht or whatever shit talking to people in holywood. Then you got middle management they elevate some game devs that done some good stuff and they can afford space travel which was fucking insane because most people can't get into or out of that country let alone going to one they just ended a war with less than a decade ago and get blasted out of the fucking planet there. Then you got the workers. If you join them you're one of them. What do you know about them?

Just as a reference, a colleague of mine worked at Blizzard following his "dream job" for a year or so, stressed out of his mind making about 75k. Left, makes 120k now and is relaxed at a loan company.

>. What do you know about them?
Alright so when you sit down and play a video game, do you remember games made in pixels?
So people could sit through and play those games. Now it's some CGI shit and eventually you just pound a button in a quick time event. The only people that even do quick time events right is fucking ubisoft and they get shit all over for it.

You guys might be perfect for the industry actually as incoherent schizophrenics.

I can same fag all I want and then say contradictory things like mashing buttons in a quick time event was awesome in dead space, except I only played the first one and it's on my top 10 video games of all time because

I forgot to mention I wouldn't buy the sequels