Is 2016 the best year for modern horror in years?

Is 2016 the best year for modern horror in years?

Yes

Lights Out was nothing but jump scares.

the conjuring 2 was horrible

Conjuring 2 was shit

Lad you forgot The Witch

I think so. 2014 was okay. Last year was pure shit. 2013 was meh.

You forgot THE BOY, op.

>no mention of this

that was boring

OP look at me..

look at me...

are you for serious?

Was lights out any good ? My gf broke up with me when it premiered and my city has a no singles policy on theatres so I couldn't watch it

my sister and dad said it's good and really scary, they said the conjuring 2 was shit too, i've seen neither so take that as you ill

The Witch: 5/10... 90% if it was nothing. 10% shock-house, schlock-house
The Invitation:6/10... stupid ending

It was enjoyable as an unambitious, somewhat lighthearted horror movie. Not particularly scary but better-than-average writing

Its decent. The other two are better

>BUH ENDING!!!!!!!!!!!

These are the retards that dislike the witch and invitation.

Good lord what a coincidence.

>90% if it was nothing.
Jesus Christ how do you even watch film if you have this much ADD?

No coincidence. Some people just hate film.

>Is 2016 the best year for modern horror in years?
If you are 14 and consider jump scares good horror.

Back to jewdditt plz

Define what good horror is and provide 3 examples of movies that have it.

Define modern horror.

dumb frogposter wrong again

Jump scares and a complete lack of subtlety.

N

who would win in a fist fight. Lights out demon chick OR Darkness falls tooth fairy?

also don't breathe is stoopid. they could have utilized sound to escape but hey. guess common sense makes for short films.

conjuring 2 was so meh. they should have just made a tv show where we get back story on different posessed items that they keep in that one room.

i really really really wanna watch shin godzilla

it's actually the VVitch

fuck outta here, boy version of annabelle

Don't be a faggot

modern horror was given 2015, containing It Follows and Babadook. Those were good.

10 Cloverfield Lane
Don't Breathe
Green Room (technically this year)
The Shallows
so yeah, those were pretty enjoyable. and they're really not "modern horrors", as the modern ones are part of the garbage you see typically.

as for The VVitch, i thought it was decently shot, but utterly boring and had a retarded AR that did no more than irritate me. overall, it felt like it was more interested in showing off the breasts of the girl who looked five years younger than she is than actually telling a story.

it's late. and im bored. recommend me a movie? i hate everything btw

>VVitch not in there

go watch the Gallows it was top kino :^)

Did you guys actually like Don't Breathe? It was a painful to watch piece of shit flavor of the month horror flick

NEXT!

4/10

don't listen to the plebs, this was top-tier and unsettling as fuck

Pleb, dumb and prudish

Idk but I'm gonna watch a film that takes place right before dawn. Like Cloverfield or Victoria

>prudish
i'll just make it clear because you can't read nor use commas correctly, but i didn't say that the existence of nudity bothered me, but rather that all it seemed the creators wanted to tell their viewers in their 90 minute slog was "wow, this girl is cute!"

The use, of the, comma there, is, perfectly correct, though.

And good for you to claim not being a prude. Still, pleb and dumb applies, further confirmed by this 'explanation'.

Also, the girl is only cute for ayy fetishists.

>no singles policy on theatres
this is a thing?

I like The Witch and Conjuring 2. How are Don't Breath and Light's Out?

Crooked man was great though. Dont disagree with me please.

So was Don't Breathe

I liked TC2, but Crooked Man wasn't a highlight for me

Don't Breathe is good, first act is terrible, second act is great and third act is bad but watchable. I'd definitely recommend it but don't expect a stunner or anything

I haven't seen them but they look like typical jump scare horror. Modern horror movies took like the smallest part of the genre alfred hitchcock mastered and have turned the entire genre around having things jump out and surprise the audience. It should be about making a deep psychological impact but modern horror is just who can pack in the most jump scares into one movie without overdoing it so many times the audience doesn't jump anymore.

no. you forgot one.

Nice analysis of the posters, then