Post depressive folk/acoustic

Help me build a new Sup Forums-chart
I think I got us started with some essentials. maybe mount eerie doesn't really count idk

Kid Dakota - So Pretty

Bonnie Prince Billy - I See a Darkness
Leonard Cohen - Songs of Love and Hate
Townes Van Zandt - Our Mother the Mountain

aww yeah this is my stuff

I'm not a fan of your elliott choice, I would have gone with XO.

good choice

I say add Jackson C. Frank - Jackson C. Frank. He was a direct influence on Nick Drake who covered many of his songs

also comes with a tragic backstory

oh and also add Townes Van Zandt - Townes Van Zandt and Leonard Cohen - Songs of Leonard Cohen

Check this one out too

This

O'death - outside
Kauffman & caboor - songs from suicide bridge
Isobel campbell & mark lanegan - ballad of the broken seas
Sam perry - if sadness could sing
J tillman - singing axe

ITAOTS

Colour Green-Sibylle Baier

Coming through with essentials

2/

3/ obligatory but I understand this album is polarizing, i don't think it's great but it needs a spot

4/

Fuck I was gonna put that album here. But Either/Or by Elliot Smith makes me a sad human

Good shit

ye

Does slowcore count

are you guys retarded this is not folk music check the fucking title of the thread

Smog and Songs:Ohia need to be there.

criminally underrated

also Smog and Songs:Ohia are essentials

It's instrumental, but I've always got a lonely vibe while listening to this record.

Doji Morita - A Boy

Perfect Elliott Smith choice btw

I feel like On Avery Island is more sad in general
In the Aeroplane makes me cry though
It's my favorite album ever made, but it's just that powerful. That and A Boy are the only albums to ever make me cry. That because of how it's changed the way I am as a person since I heard it 4 years ago, and this because of purely how beautiful it was.

just DLl'd this solely off of its placement in this thread, can you elaborate on it more? cover art is interesting and I haven't delved into japanese music much aside from fishmans, boris, shojoskip, MONO and Haruomi Hansono. Thanks in advance, user, just wanna hear your input on it.

Would this count? It's not so much acoustic.

timber timbre has a bleak aesthetic

I'm honestly embarrassed that this wasn't on the original list and hasn't been recommended