I'm not your "bro" you fucking memelord

I'm not your memelord, cuntface.
Still hurts tho.

maybe we can meme a sequel into being

reddit

Right? ;_;

EL JUEZ JAJAJAJA ES MUY JUSTO JAJAJA EL DREDDO

It was shit though

"Reddit" what, you scatterbrained cockstop? Use full fucking sentences, you piece of shit.

Build wall, Paco.

It really wasn't. It was the tits.

Fuck you Stallone.
Urban Dredd was the shit, not shit.
Sequel should be the fatty revolt though.

wew reddit is rowdy today

Looking particularly stupid today, Sup Forums.

It was far better than Fury Road.

Only film I'm actually glad I went to see in 3D

Why does it hurt? It was a good film.

It failed box office wise and we'll probably get no sequel.

>It was far better than Fury Road.
Not really, but it was still insanely good.

I am with you. Where is the fucking followup that isn't in the comics.

This would do fantastically as a TV series. All action movies these days are fucking weak, only The Raid and Dredd restored some faith for me.

LET'S JUST MAKE MORE CAPESHIT

ITT : edgy contrarians pleblords

When I look up The Raid the reviews say the sequel is better. Which do I watch? Both?

This is a good thing

>me on the right

First is better but second holds up even if they tried too hard to elaborate a scenario

Why? Because you think the movie sucked or because the sequel would probably be shit? I'd love to see a sequel, I think they'd introduce Judge Death in there.

2 has great action but this time they develop the characters more so people look down upon it but its still a worthy addition into the series.

First is definitely better, great nonstop martial arts action. Second still has great action scenes but the story is shit, best to fast-forward to the fights

Netflix needs to pick it up and expand their capeshit/paperbackshit

thxfam

the producer said if we get the rock or some other meme actor involved it can be made, so yea need Vin or Rock or someone like that in a supporting role only way it can be done

Both are great. Raid 1 is very similar to Dredd. 90 minutes, fast-paced and lots of action with loose storyline and characterization. Hits a lot of similar plot points as Dredd.
Raid 2 is 2 and a half hours long with a deeper plot and better characters. I'd say there's about the same amount action, it's just spread out longer.
Everyone has their preference, but I think they're both great. There's a lot worse things you could watch.

>Vin Diesel as the new villain
fund it

I've watched Dredd more than any other movie to be quite honest. Probably around 20 times.

It failed to capture the dredd aesthetic

That would be fucking sweet.

The creator of comics disagrees.

It had its own, which worked much better for live action. The character himself was left intact.

I'd love the follow up to be a series. That way they could tease Death over the first couple of seasons and have him as the main villain in s3. There's so much good 2000AD source material and I really think it would find its audience in TV format.

really if he gets on board we get dredd 2 everyone from Karl to the Producer has confirmed this /tg/ get on it I know Vin lurks their

The realistic approach it took was the reason why people liked it. Otherwise it would have been the campy '95 version all over again. The only part they failed to capture was the city, it looked kinda weak compared to the Blade Runner world it's supposed to be.

[Spoiler] things don't turn out well for you, big guy.

Didn't the sequel get confirmed?

I can actually agree with this. I really don't care if it is in a movie or a tv show format, I just need more Urban Dredd.

no it captured it maybe not perfectly but its probably the closest adaption made so far, it looked and felt like 2000 AD

Dredd is best when they don't really explain the world. Other than Rob schnieder the Stallone one spent too much time on the political aspect of the world and the clone system instead of the relatively minor shit Dredd actually spends his time doing.

He's a one man swat team, and the Stallone movie would have worked better as a sequel or maybe as an overarching plot to a tv show but it feels like they tried to cram too much in at once.

Stallone wanted it be a comedy and refused to do it if he couldn't take the helmet off, fuck him, almost killed dredd for good

No shit retard, hes not exactly in a position to take away publicity from his cash cow. Not when the whole comic book industry is at its lowest point in history

Nah. The movie was generic action movie 2.0.

The outfits where too plain, mega city too boring, and perps too uninteresting.

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW

Dont forget the boring and irrelevant mind control chick.

>perps too uninteresting.

this is the only bit I kinda agree with the rest of your post is trash, but yes they should have had the judged or the splicers some established gang as the main villians

>I A M T H E L A A A W

All I can find is the english dub. Is it shit?

Oh go fuck yourself, the movie was a damn good action movie, and a decent movie Dredd while we're at it.

>The movie was generic action movie 2.0.
There was nothing generic about that movie, you need to elaborate.

I've never seen the English dub.

You want the Stallone version if you think this movie was too boring. This movie made less money than the Stallone version yet the creator still thinks Urban's version is better, so...

The movie turned dredds colourful world full of its own politics, oddities and strange people, into a dull, grey corridor shooter, with faceless enemies, and a meme 'le ebin 3D xD" premesis.

Crackle has The Raid in it's original language for free. There might be commercials though idk.

>'le ebin 3D xD"
Opinion disregarded, you're attempting criticism beyond your means.

The 3D shit was the only outright bad thing this movie did, awful marketing done by a chimpanzee.

Dredd's comic world does NOT translate well into the movie world. Have a look at early Batman movies and then look at DK, and I fucking hate Batman.

The boring perps was a weak part of this movie, need someone more interesting.

I love you

yea no, maybe read the comics theirs plenty that are basically exactly like the movie, dredd gets in a fucked up situation and shoots his way out in a clever kinda way, as far as 3d yea thats a shit gimmick but plebs went for le epic 3d slo-mo so at least it helped sell tickets and it didn't hurt the movie since you can simply not watch it in shitD

As I said, it would be bad for business to shit on the new movie. For what it's worth even though the Stallone movie was bad, it captured dredds world better. It was more colourful, funny, exaggerated, and showed us vital parts such as the cursed earth.

If Stallone didn't take his helmet off, and had a deeper voice, it would be a faithful recreation.

>dull, grey

sure thing pleb

I want to fug Rookie

That's the problem though, it literally tried to do everything in its script with a limited amount of time.

Stallone keeping his helmet on would be like adding sprinkles to your shit to make it more appealing. Guilty pleasure if anything, people who weren't even 2000AD fans who didn't care about the helmet still hated that cheesefest.

Be quiet please. Adults are talking.

Maybe you should read the comics. There's one thing between the action and it's interesting stories and characters.

yep, it was understandable a average actor like sly would need to take the helmet off, this was far from the worst thing about that shitfest

I want the egyptian one, I wanna see karl dredd fight a mommy

youtube.com/watch?v=6ZrsJsvL30g

Too overproduced. Dredd and slo mo don't suit.

He should be smashing someone's face into a wall at normal speed. Not fagging around in bullet time.

dude if you've read them you should know it just depends on which one, some are dredd all alone against baddies, minimal interactions but yes the story could def have been better, it was still much better then sly and far closer to watch 2000 AD really is, what you seem to want is moar quips

Yeah okay but you're fucking wrong

agree with this, these are the two main problems with it, no need for slo-mo def no need for 3d, everything else was great

Fuck you. He's the executioner. He showed the population of Peach Trees the dangers of this drug.

You hit rock bottom.

however at least the slo-mo was worked into the actual story instead of just having it cause

slo-mo is cool remember the matrix?

Honestly it's not great but I really like the 90's Dredd because of how aggressively they try to make use of as many cop and action movie cliches as possible. If they had tried a little harder it could have had a good story, since in the finale they start getting into how Dredd vs Rico is an ideological fight between a fascist and an anarchist. Just wish that was fleshed out a bit more and handled a bit better.

the slo mo scenes were the best because those were the ones that looked like they came straight out of 2000AD

as I said at least it was part of the sotry, I just have an automatic hatred for slo-mo can't help it since 99 its been in every fucking action movie and it pisses me off, but dredd did it best since matrix i'll give them that.

dredd is still easily my favorite action movie of the past decade, and yes I'm including the raid

i at least supported the film, opening weekend. 3D. a lot of you fucks didnt even check it out till dvd.

I went and got a group of about 20 people to go with me, pumped it up for months I fucking hate 3d and I still did my best, I did go myself the day before and watched it properly with no 3d shit.

I watched in a nearly empty theater that only had 3 other people there.

thats awesome m8,

saved
downloaded
bookmarked

thanks bro

Looks like Avon never left thug life.

In the case of dredd the 3D was handled really well and added to the overall experience.

yea people said that for avatar too still hate 3d wish they had never brought it back, fuck 3d

What does? A good movie getting made?

thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=1GD09CGLqMs&list=PLmc73kRHbCVYpMu4pWYEnryPDn3LyZLV6

Good ol' 'thrax.

my problem with 3d is that since you're wearing dark glasses the colors are muted and the whole movie is darkened, haven't seen a film since avatar do it well and even then it wasn't enough to justify how much it ruined the colors

until they figure out a way to make 3d without glasses it will always be a shit gimmick

Is it me or is 3D now different than 3D of the past. I always thought of 3D movies is where shit looks like its popping out of the screen at you in certain scenes. The last time I saw a 3D movie it felt like the entire screen was 3D, like those shitty Nvidia 3D glasses games.

X(

It is different.

Just an update, sequel not exactly confirmed but their in talks with netflix to make a series or movie, everyones involved and pushing for it, could be annonched before the end of the year

Dredd 2 in some form with Urban is happening

Nintendo figured it out, but it fucks with your eyes if you look at it long enough so noone can make a movie out of it.

They have been saying that since the movie was released.

your not wrong but if netflix is showing interest their is hope again

uh, interesting

I want to cum on her face in slowmo