Why is entry-level jazz the best unlike other genres?

Why is entry-level jazz the best unlike other genres?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loveless_(album)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>entry-level jazz
Not even close

Entry-level noise is usually better than the obscure stuff, although there's some great obscure stuff

It's not though. The best stuff in jazz is the really dense stuff like Ornette Coleman's Science Fiction or Henry Threadgill's In For A Penny, In For A Pound

there's no point in listening to more shoegaze after the entry level shit

Entry level emo is the only good emo, as well as shoegaze and in some cases rap

You have a point there when I listen to some seriously out there shit like Sun Ra I can only appreciate the level of effort put in and ingenuity of the record but is it enjoyable? Not really

But then I've only listened to a handful of jazz records so I don't really know what I'm talking about

Entry level classical tends to be the same. Time is a good sieve for quality. Shitty fotm and bubblegum shit is forgotten more over time.
Same deal will happen with current genres after a while. Critics will get a clearer idea of what was important with time.

tru desu senpai

Exactly. The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art.

>Entry level emo is the only good emo
Wow, this is like an obvious example of the opposite

What are some genuinely bad jazz albums out there?

entry level indie is the best

idk most entry level indie or alternative (aka what this board likes) is trash so

the epic

alovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupremealovesupreme

There's legit some truth to some of the ideas he spouts. He's wrong about the quality of their songwriting, but he's right about cream rising to the top.

It's either you love all of jazz or none of it, I've seen no inbetweens

This just means that you're not that much into jazz as opposed to genres where you've developped some taste.

Miles Davis with the jazz giants
Clifford Brown with strings
Kenny G's discog
Sun Ra - Strange Strings
Miles Davis - Doo Bop

I've been listening to jazz for 6 years and it's my favourite genre and ALS is still my favourite album.

I love soup cream?

Do you really want to have the same argument in two different threads?

The same applies to classical because the ebst works were filtered over time

Well entry level just means popular. And popular albums are popular because they're good and highly acclaimed.

>Science Fiction

My nigger

there's no point in listening to more shoegaze after Loveless

EVEN A LOT OF BAD JAZZ IS GOOD JAZZ

pretty sure he means SDRE and American Football to be entrylevel emo, not MCR or The Used

because entry level jazz artists are highly regarded masters of their craft who are appreciated for a good reason unlike other genres

its just really well-known.
the fuck would an actual entry level jazz album be?
perhaps your entire premise is shit user?

Don't you ever refer to Loveless as indie ever again.

at least we know the instrumentalists had fun playing it, right user ;_;

it was one of my first indie albums

which i guess would make it
entry
level
indie

speaking of "entry level"
took my high school gf's virginity to that album

Stop calling Loveless "indie" REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

but yeah, i was "indie' pussie

Avant-garde jazz is hardly entry-level. And the reason jazz in general is good is because it's art music. Not a hard concept to grasp.

Sadly, this is true.

At least you admitted to not knowing what you're talking about. You seem like someone who would jump the gun and say something like:
>DUDE RANDOM PIANO LICKS LMAO
>DUDE POMPOMPOMPOMPOMPOM BOMBOMBOMBOM BASSLINE LMAO
>nobody really likes jazz

no
souvlaki > loveless

Not a single shoegaze album approaches the level of dedication, ingenuity and innovation of Loveless. Just read this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loveless_(album)

>dedication, ingenuity and innovation
who the fuck gives a shit about that, souvlaki is just better

not a single wikipedia entry is as cool as my double entunderz

>dedication, ingenuity and innovation
>who the fuck gives a shit about that, souvlaki is just better
You said it brother! That just settles it then.