Movies/shows you refuse to watch because of casting

Movies/shows you refuse to watch because of casting.

this because main character is a white dude in the novel

This one really hurt, I'm a big King fan. Fuck why not remake IT and make penny wise a furry? Or Christine as a Prius? They could even remake The Stand to make it about non-identifying gender fluid vs normal people.

King is a traitor that has let down the fans

Did any of you actually finish the books? The ones who haven't finished are usually the ones complaining

Granted it's been a while since I've read it, but is it ever explicitly said that the gunslinger is white? It is annoying that people scream about white washing, but when it's the other way around it's fine. Like fant4stic. Sue was white, but her brother is a black dude half her age. But that movie was garbage anyway.

Literally anything that changes a characters race, gender, or sexuality to fulfill some diversity quota. I mean that literally, I have zero tolerance for that crap. I have not seen the force awakens because of ape nigger stormtrooper.

Roland Deschian has piercing blue eyes. You ever see a blue eyed nigger?

Why not cast Elba as the man in black and McConaughey as Roland? I thought that would've been perfect... I'm sure they will do great jobs with their roles, but it's like an alternate version of the movie will be released that will never be as good. I would love for it to be excellent; my expectation is average.

Wait...You know there are black Storm troopers though right?

I refuse to watch the original Ghostbusters because I feel like the black guy is just there to have a black guy.

C'mon, Matthew McConaughey isn't that bad...

New It movie cast looks like something from Stranger things BS

you are not worthy anyway

>seriously, it went from 10/10 expectations with the cast list to like 6.5/10, once I heard the roles

I was going to watch it, until King turned all gun control leftard.
Found all his books as pdfs or mobis, and seeded them for months on various torrents.

I don't really give a shit about Idris but Matthew McConaughey is almost always fuck awful and unwatchable.

Ape turns out to be legitametly the best character in that movie though. I mean Han Solo is Han Solo, but he doesn't really do much. Protagonist-woman is the real diversity quota character in that movie. She had no character development at all, they just said "lol she has the force tho" as an excuse for their poor writing.

Yes it was stated. There's even a whole arc about it. He's also compared to Clint Eastwood throughout.

It does in the next novel the drawing of the three. Race is a huge factor in the story.
Read the entire series I don't hold much hope for this movie

only thing that comes to mind is the new ghost busters. because holy shit its just awful including the cast choice.

They were all kids from the 50s, this is some bullshit.

Roland is not a nigger

Yeah dude. Boicot SW that's going to work.

Fuck, The Dark Tower is my favorite book series of all time. I can get over the fact that rolands black. I mean it changes a few things but its not as bad as you racist fucks make it out to be. The poor casting here is Mconeghey(idk how to fucking spell that faggots name) He fuckin blows giant donkey penii

If they cast idris elba because he's a good actor and fit their vision it will be a good movie. If they changed everything to shoehorn a black guy in it will suck.

The books left room for an alternate version of the gunslingers story. So we'll see. I've read that series several times. One of my favorite literary works.

Is a jew actually.

Kek

The movie in pic related. Read the Dark Tower series and even The Wind Through the Keyhole. Roland is a white, Clint Eastwood looking guy with blue eyes. They cast a black guy to play Roland. My only solace is that the trailer looked like shit so the movie is going to suck anyway. It should have been a TV miniseries with non-SJW casting, but noooooo. I can't wait to see the scene where the Man in Black reveals he's evil due to being a repressed transsexual.

Same kind of snowflake that doesn't watch a movie because it doesn't have enough minorities

Hurr durr UN wants to slave me.

pretty much all stephen king movies suck shit, the dark tower series had a lot of nuance to the man in black and what exactly his power was but in the movie he is blatantly magical. a lot of the ambiance and creativity of the series is just not there. plus a lot of the lore got fucked over, like they say in the trailer gunslingers were meant to protect the tower when that was never mentioned before in any of the books. they watered it way the fuck down

I'd have to go back through the book, but I dont think there are any direct references to him being white. He's compared to many white people (matt dillon, Kennedy, Eastwood), but the book was mostly referring to the piercing eyes, or his demeanor.

>There's even a whole arc about it. He's also compared to -El Topo- throughout.
Fixed. You welcome.

uh except for the only black character constantly calling him a honky? she wasnt calling him a nigger, you know

Blame it on reddit. They kept pushing the idea.

>comes to mind is the new ghost busters
But Thor is in that movie.

Fucking idiot the worst of the movie is that he has the horn, so it is the final ending, not one of many turns of the wheel without importance.

Hmmmm, I think you need to find a line where it says hes white. Clint eastwood had lots of features, only one was white

People keep telling me that there are three of these books and the movie is not based on any of them instead its a standalone is this true or bs?

Kek

Theres 7 books on the main story and a couple more on side stories.

Never understood the black stormtrooper controversy. Human racism didn't exist in Star Wars, fucking anyone could be under that armor.

Thats true, I forgot about that part. Need to re-read

Ok but is the main character the same throught out or does it change from book to book?

The only thing ever mentioned was his eyes, and the black girl calling him white racist names.

Either way movie looks like it sucks ass, mini series woulda been the best, something like the night manager.

Also the cast is shit, elba is a good actor but mcconwhatever is not up for it.

Its the same, he and the antagonist are the only constant characters in the books.

A. Jodorowsky. One of the most influential artists of the last 40 years.

You are a honky.

Anything that guts original aspects of lore in favor of "diversity."
>Spiderman: Homecoming
>Beauty and the Beast
>Ghost Busters
> Percy Jackson: The Lightening Thief
Not only is it damaging to the source and hypocritical, but it exploits minorities as badly as minstrel shows.

Ghost in Shell
It should have been an Asian woman
Plus I don't get the hype over Scarlett Johansson
She's ugly af

Your momma is a honky.

Clones don't randomly turn black. This isn't an albino stormtrooper

Beauty & the Beast is an old folkstale fag.

The antagonist changes in the last two books. Man in black, then mordrid, then the crimson king

They aren't clones. They're abducted children from throughout he galaxy and indoctrinated.

Can't wait for the gangbang scene.

That's Halo you dumb nigger

Watch the movie again faggot

Dunkirk was a shit movie because all of the WW2 era war scenes didn't have enough minorities and women taking part in the fighting.

This tard.

I'm not watching the movie at all because (((Disney))) retconned the established universe to make a stormtrooper black

This movie looked good, until I saw will smith..

I agree. I first read the series in 6th-7th grades, and I've loved them ever since. I really don't see the big deal with Roland being black.

Anyone complaining about race might actually be retarded. I agree, in the books it specifies that he's white but what does it fucking matter. Now, instead of having a black Susannah, we'll get an incredibly racist white Susannah (if they include her in the next movie). Him being black literally changes nothing except it make neoconservative fuck bois mad. Have you seen the trailers? This series could be massive. Don't ruin this for people that actually care about the book.

> Trailer sucks
> Movie must suck
Lol get over yourself, racist dog

thats not how that works faggot.probably the same type of jackass who thinks being against social justice warriors makes you an sjw.kill yourself my dood

Ok let's make a Malcolm X movie and cast a white guy in it.

Mc-kinda-gay is a horrible actor

That's not the point dipshit. Roland isn't a real person.

You might actually be brain damaged.

You're an idiot

Let's make the Black Panther a white guy too

A blatant reference to the fascist catholic groups like Sodalitium Christianae VĂ­tae.

Butthurt. Get over it and enjoy life

This tard.

Lets make James Bond into a woman. Oh and Asian.

Just curious, what color is your helmet?

Fair enough, remake Shaft and make it a white guy then.

Luke Cage can be white also

Wow. Life must be so hard for you with those expectations. You should make your own movie. I'm sure it'll be amazing.

All I hear is whining.

If you want to make a White Black Panther do it. Just make sure that you keep his origin story the same.... oh wait.....

Again, you might actually be retarded. I see your point but it doesn't work because the only difference between Roland being black and Roland being white is now Susannah will call him a "Cottin Pickin' Nigga" instead of "Honky Mo Fucka".

Sounds good. Do it and sell it!

All I hear is faggotry. Congratulations

But she really was asian ghost wearing a white person shell.

Yes, they do literally refer to her body as a shell and her self as a ghost.

Fuck Lori Robinson.

Probably because your trans, queer, disabled, black boyfriend has his artificial cock in your anus.

Just stfu you got btfo

ITT people with shit opinions that they think matter. Good luck!

The Stand movie WILL happen some day, and it better be long as fuck, because if they leave out anything awesome, like trashcan man, I'll be pissed. Tom Bombadil was one thing.

Well if you would stop fucking me in the ass that would help

Watching it. Don't care about the color & besides, dude is a badass
Oh yeh, & another thing, black santa don't bother me either.

My life is my life, the rest all can fuck off.

Here comes the hyperbole train!

They should remake most of the movies based on his books for Netflix, and do a good job this time around. Tim curry isn't gonna save IT this time around.

> This time around

Clever, but your erotic fanfiction isn't reality and it isn't the patriarchy's fault it doesn't sell on amazon.

Watched the first episode and coulnt handle the amout of blacks in the background. Beacuse there were black merchants in england in the 1500, ya right .