Has this man ever made a good movie?

Has this man ever made a good movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PgEw9Qd89T8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Does Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore count?

Happy Gilmore
Billy Madison
Big Daddy

Better question would be: "has this man ever made a bad movie?" and no, he hasn't

Punch-Drunk Love
Reign Over Me

These.

And Waterboy

Got to bed Sup Forums you have school in the morning.

What about Little Nicky?

What fucking school is open in July!? Are you same fagging?

that was probably the peak of his career
it had just the right amount of silly humor and meaningful drama to make it not painful to watch

Summer school. Because Sup Forumslocks are retards.

click was a good movie boys

mainly for pic related tho

You do know he's Jewish, right? Why would his defending Israel shock anybody. Even his remake of "it's a wonderful remote control" was good.

Water Boy
Little Nicki
Blended was cute

fucken billy madison man

Wedding Singer
50 First Dates

Honestly, no.

Most of the 30 somethings that like his old shit just happened to be at the right age to appreciate it ten-ish years old.

He's basically remade the same movie about 20 times now. But at least when Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison came out it was a new-ish style of comedy.

He was both childish and vulgar, and had a tendency to over-act which appeals to kids. At the time it seemed edgy, fun, and rebellious. It was the type of comedy most of our parents didn't appreciate which made it seem a touch forbidden, which always makes it more fun.

But he's a one note pony. That childish vulgar overacting only appeals to kids and now that were old it's not fun anymore. I guess it's also sad and pathetic that he couldn't really branch out into anything else. I hear he made a couple of good dramas, but honestly, I don't even have the patience for him anymore.

I've seen maybe ten-ish movies of his.

Same thing with Jim Carey, he made childish/vulgar/overacting comedy which seemed amazing back in the early and mid 90s when we were ten years old. But Jim Carey has branched out and evolved with the times. Adam Sandler has not. It hasn't aged well.

The reason we like Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison is the same reason we like Ninja Turtles, we were really into it as kids.... but had we have never seen it as kids and just saw it today for the first time, it would seem like the worst type of shit.

Look what we got here. That silly penguin s back again!

yeah I really liked click, had a good life lesson although a bit cliche but presented really well, also funny.
Zohan was great too.

But mostly it's just good comedy flicks :) And no movie he is in is ever "bad".

Waterboy
Billy Madison
Happy Gilmore
Funny People
Click
Wedding Singer
50 First Dates
Spanglesh
Big Daddy

the wedding singer is the best
and really what is so bad about supporting Israel?

must be b8

There's jews there....

his albums of sketch comedy were gold. Tollbooth Willie, the talking goat? epic. WELCOME TO WORCESTER A DOLLA TWENTY FIVE

Longest Yard

Happy fucking Gilmore

Adam Sandler is a hypocritical sack of shit. He can bleat about his political zealotry but he can also in the same breath trash, humiliate, denigrate and blatantly insult the Native American culture in his Ridiculous 6. Fuck This guy and everyone else that appreciates him as a human.

Well he's Jewish so...

Punch Drunk Love is a phenominal film, I also personally liked Little Nicky.

Stop lookin' at me SWAAN!

Happy Gilmore

>But Jim Carey has branched out and evolved with the times. Adam Sandler has not. It hasn't aged well.

This is so true and easily observable. When Carey starred in The Majestic I was blown away–even as an 11-year-old who cut my comedy teeth worshiping his movies. Same with Truman Show before it. He even managed to return to the cooky/childish comedy genre with Lemony Snicket and A Christmas Carol. Movies like Bruce Almighty, Fun with Dick and Jane and Yes Man kind of sealed his legacy as far as I'm concerned.
What does Sandler have? Punch Drunk love? Reign over me? And click was just stupid as hell, as much as I hate comparing different careers.
But then again those are just, like, my opinions man.

PDL is a very underrated film. It actually proves he's an actor.

I agree. I watched Billy Madison recently and the Adam Sandler parts were really cringy but the supporting cast was hilarious, including the black maid, chris farley, etc.

Damn we could be the same guy. The Majestic and Truman Show blew my mind, I had no idea Carrey had it in him...

The do over. Great buddy movie.

Good? No. Funny? Yes. If you're only looking for comedy he has a couple.

>Little Nicki
>good movie
I'm sure you'd like the Ridiculous 6

>Has this man ever made a good movie?
No.

I really liked Spanglish

*Good? No. Funny? No.
Fixed

no mention of (imo) his best work? eternal sunshine

Click
Happy Gilmore
Grown Ups 1
That's My Boy

Get BTFO
Faggot OP

this guy gets it

Yes, and it was called Pixels.

I forgot Click.
Also the do over.
There all good but those 2 are tied for my favs.

I like Eternal Sunshine but it was so damn depressing. And I was going through my divorce at the time (still in love with the ex wife at the time).... and honestly, it took me like 3 tries to watch because it was too damn heartbreaking.

Can not watch again.

>That's My Boy
Filmed right around the corner from me. My wife worked at Legs & Eggs or whatever the strip club was... when it was a lumber yard.

KYS

only passing score.
ok, and water boy.

He made 3 movies that half of 18-39 yo enjoyed. That's it. Everything after is sad.

no.

KYS additions

2nd passing score

Happy Gilmore was good, Big Daddy gave some laughs.

If anyone says Pixels they need to be set on fire right this minute.

Made me try popeyes.
It was only marginally better then kfc, and filled with way more invalids.

little nicky and click

I won't admit it irl but 8 crazy nights made me laugh once or twice.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I fucking loved Waterboy.

The character of the waterboy wasn't that great, but the absolute absurdity of the whole situation was great. Loved it.

The short answer is no.

this and definitely (!) The Cobbler, a real gem.
I also like Funny People a lot and Zohan was alright

Water boy, happy gilmore, little nicky, Billy Madison, Mr. Deeds. He's shit now but used to be entertaining.

This. I heard it was crap and decided to see how crap it was and got to the part where some fat jew was talking about looking on Sup Forums all day for some useless information involving alien shit.
>1/10 because the cancer it gave me is curable

>Pixels

No

Degenerate jewish trash. No he has never made a good movie.

happy gilmore
it's all in the hips
/bread my own godang

I know this exact moment from the video.

>watery taste

First grown ups was good .

This bitch is the modern day shit tier Adam Sandler.

God I wanna punch her in the face....

But yeah, I'll give Sandler everything up until and including mr deeds, minus little Nicky, plus 50 1st dates.

Fuck that click and grow ups shit....

For tumblerinas,sjw's,snowflakes, yes hi has done beautiful pieces of art.

Ding ding ding

THE ZOHAN

>Only Jews can have an Ethnostate
Get out Schlomo

Trogdor the burninator...

Does operaman count?

yes

Funny People

lol just kidding. that movie was fucking horrible.

Nobody here gets it. Sandler is an excellent actor. His performances in Punch Drunk, Spanglish and Reign Over Me speak for themselves. But like four people watched those movies. Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, Bid Daddy, etc are cheap to make and zero risk. The formula works and they are a printing press for cash. Or, more accurately, were. I'm sure Sandler would love to be making artsy shit in the same way Jim Carry wants to win an oscar.

But you know what these fuckers like more than making artistic cinema? Money. And these formula comedies take in buckets and buckets of money.

Will Ferrell is another example. Everything Must Go was a better than average drama. Ferrell was a believable asshole coming to terms with his jerkiness costing him his job and his family. It was a great performance. If it was Redford, the movie might have won an oscar. I'm sure he enjoyed making it, but any comedy he's in (even if it's not funny) will make gobs and gobs of cash.

Nope

hes right you know even "moderate" muslims in america europe canada developed western nations preach about killing jews

>Spanglish
fuck u. that was trash.
>Sandler pretending to be drunk is the metastasized cancer

I'm shocked he hasn't commited suicide. He always looks miserable.

He was fantastic in the 90s. Then he got depressed and cynical, and not in the cool way like George Carlin

8 crazy nights

waterboy was an all around good football movie, i loved it

Nobody here is old enough to remember those comedy cds.

>Nobody here is old enough to remember those comedy cds.
wrong
youtube.com/watch?v=PgEw9Qd89T8

Happy Gilmore is a goddamn masterpiece

>Happy Gilmore is a goddamn masterpiece
it's a classic. pic related is my favorite scene.
"Sorry about that WHAMMY!"