Mfw being a country fan on Sup Forums in 2017

>mfw being a country fan on Sup Forums in 2017

I hate how every time i tell somebody i'm into country music, i have to explain to them that its not the current trucks-girls-beer country, but actually a very soulful, sorrowful genre from 50 years ago.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!mx8QFQ6Z!Zd-OAWZuDNA8fvXpt_me6g
youtube.com/watch?v=LBqtlctPJ9g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I love that movie.

Any reccs? I'm from Kenfucky and all I hear is Blake Shelton.

Just call it something else, since the word "country" has such a negative connotation for normie music listeners. I'm sure country has subgenres or something that you could bring up as opposed to saying "I'm into country"

>le sad rural boy

it is unfortunate that normies know nothing about music and yet have the attitude that they know exactly what people are talking about. you have to list bands instead of genres, then they'll just shrug or say "lol flying burrito bros? sounds cool" if you're feeling really desperate then throw in "johnny cash" for a guaranteed connection

one of the best uses of a soundtrack ever i think. every song fit every scene perfectly. beautifully choreographed to the music, unique choice of songs

FLYING BURRITO BROS ARE THE SHIT

LONG LIVE SNEAKY PEEEEEEEETE!

Body Like a Back Road is like a few steps away from a hip-hop song

start with really entry level albums like "Shotgun Willie" for your classic country and "Sweetheart of the Rodeo" for your country-folk-rock

hank williams is the classic. but real classic country can be tiresome to listen to, unless you have an ear for it, due to the simplicity of the arragements. from hank williams it splits into nashville country and bakersfield country.

bakersfield guys like buck owens and the buckaroos are pretty good.

johnny cash

The best of this year's crop.
mega.nz/#F!mx8QFQ6Z!Zd-OAWZuDNA8fvXpt_me6g

Is long as it's not shitty country music i've got no problems with it. Stuff like Waylon Jennings and Merle Haggard is dope

what movie is this?

and agreed, love country

i listen almost exclusively to classic country, so ill have to check out some of the artists on thta list... hopefully theyre not mu-tier shit.

boogie nights

I love country music. It's a shame this board never talks about it. David Allan Coe is probably my #1, but it's real close with Jerry Reed. Longhaired Redneck & Rides Again are perfect country albums.

>when you say you're into country but you really just mean the fallout new vegas soundtrack

Then just download a collection of Marty Robbins. The great Grady Martin on guitar.

youtube.com/watch?v=LBqtlctPJ9g

Hank Williams, Jimmie Rodgers, Ernest Tubb, Bob Wills & the Texas Playboys, Merle Haggard, Buck Owens. Also try some bluegrass & old time. Flatt & Scruggs, G.B. Grayson and Henry Whitter, Clarence Ashley, Skillet Lickers etc. some of this might be too twangy or rural to listen to if you didn't grow up around it like I did, but I think you'll find something you enjoy.

dont forget doc watson and john hartford as kings of bluegrass

This professor at my college apparently played with Doc Watson. I have a class with him next year and I read it in his bio. Should be pretty interesting.

[plays Fallout:NV radio on repeat]

What's the name of it?

then just say "classic country"

Disco Daze

Y'all have any recommendations for any melancholic songs or albums? Something similar to El Paso by Marty Robbins.

I want to make outlaw country music but I want a fanbase that isn't either boring white people or redneck white people and I can't figure out how to do this.