"haha yeah I like Jazz. Miles Davis, John Coltrane, the list goes on.."

>"haha yeah I like Jazz. Miles Davis, John Coltrane, the list goes on.."

pic related is my favorite jazz album, cuz i didn't start listening to jazz by googling on the internet i started based on stuff i played in jazz band in high school.

>"yeah, I like jazz"

well aren't you so special lmao

r u sayin they arent jazz?
?

well op was bitchin that people's taste in jazz was shallow so i showed him otherwise. although my taste is pretty shallow too tho desu

Post your favorite jazz artists then. Inform us plebs of your god tier taste. Don't be a faggot op.

>yeah I've been getting into really old, alternative music recently
>Nevermind

fadeedldee dodee deedee deedodo doooo

>"yeah, i like some oldschool jazz fusion"
>Primus

>I like everything but country
Put on 16 Horsepower
>This isn't COUNTRY! This is folk stuff like Mumford and Sons

Except those are legitamitely good jazz artists. If someone was really into miles and coltrane and listened to their albums plenty, I would definitely consider them a person that likes jazz.

>"haha yeah I like EAI. Otomo Yoshihide, Sachiko M the list goes on.."

>yeah, I like jazz

>haha yeah I like free improv. AMM, Derek Bailey the list goes on..

Just picked up these jazz albums.

My barber is into jazz albums. He was talking about what a self righteous elitist douche Miles Davis was. He was making fun of the ego it took to name his album "The Birth Of Cool".

He also said Thelonius Monk was great... but also a screwball and a bit soft in the head.

the list doesn't really go on that much though

Bebop was kinda a fusion. Also, like a lot of Japanese music and technology, very derivative. I remember taking an elective in college on Japanese culture. We had an article and segment talking about Japan was more about innovation than invention, how their music was not too creative as much as bulding on western artists.

>I don't listen to metal that much anymore. Been getting into Jazz.

blue pill
Miles Davis
Louis Armstrong
Charlie Parker
Sonny Rollins
Pharaoh Sanders

red pill
Charles Mingus
Wes Montgomery
Thelonious Monk
John Coltrane
Ornette Coleman

blue pill

taking the red pill

No offense but the "oh you like jazz, well I played trumpet in the highschool jazz band" guys are almost just as annoying. Actually most jazz musicians are annoying.

Well how hard is it to make a simple trio or quartet album these days? And I'm talking drums, bass, and then an instrument to lay down the melody. Any Coltrane album has a feel I can't seem to get anywhere else. It only sounds like straight jazz bc so many others have imitated it. There aren't that many out there that can match the big names in quality and ease of purchase. I'm not a Miles Davis fan though, I'm finding less and less people are. It's not a guys fault if he wants to explore jazz and he keeps having that shit shoved in his face though.

Red pill and it's not even close

why is red pill so stacked

how are japs derivative?

>haha yeah I like Jazz
>only likes free jazz

The only one I constantly find myself listening to is Chet Baker. Maybe its because of his voice.

Ornette "Coleman" used a plastic saxophone, obviously he is discredited at step one. Real jaz includes Howard Moon and Bruce Palmer.

>haha yeah I like prog
>only likes Rock in Opposition and Canterbury Scene

you mean the prog worth listening to

>thinks he knows prog
>did not listen to Phil Lesh home video audio auto tuned by Dan Lanois

Listen to Maynard Ferguson's Into the Stratosphere and then listen to to Tank! It was absolutely fusion.

They aren't derivative. They actually have their own structure for creating songs, they have their own scales, they have their own patterns in their music. It's all there for anyone that really wants to study it. The easy road is to say they are ripping off jazz and other western music, the hard road is to figure out how they have incorporated western music to fit their own music theory. I don't know all that much about it but I at least know that, if you listen to enough japanese music you should hear that distinctness that it has.

Second half of early summer when it goes into double time...10/10

Literally no contest.

That's boring.

>Second half of early summer when it goes into double time
10/10

>10/10
Second half of early summer when it goes into double time

comin at ya like a laser like a wave like a beam of light through the night, thats right.