Find a single objective flaw

Find a single objective flaw

Pro-tip: you can't

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vaW72ZchK6M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The entire movie except the final duel on Mustafar

The entire movie is amazing

Anakin had literally no reason to turn to the dark side. The Emperor literally said "i can save people from death lol" and Anakin believed him without any questioning

Also the moment he turns to the dark side the Emperor also says "I don't know how to save others from death but we can try and find out lol"

>Save Padme
>He would finally be awarded the power and recognition he felt he deserved
>Palpatine was cheating him, that's the point. >Sheev was laughing even when he told him he was the one who killed her

That's the kind of shitty writing i'm talking about

The entire movie, especially the final duel on Mustafar

Yeah, Plinkett made that point; he didn't turn to the dark side - he was tricked into it.

Jedi can block laser fire but not a retarded spinning sheev

So what?

Instead of actual character development he's just a retard who falls for a silly rusemaster

That's a good trick though

Literally can't name a single good thing about it. Trash that should have never been made.

but Anakin does develop and he does become genuinely evil, hence why he almost kills Padme in the end, the person he was trying to save. The power to cheat death was just his motivation for wanting to turn to the dark side.

Who here unironically enjoyed the prequel trilogy more than the original one?

But he doesn't.
He's a whiny angry child in the second one already and just stays whiny angry child.

Literally everything. I seriously don't understand the III is good meme
>Sheeve's hammy acting
>Anakin's super fast and retarded reason for turning
>nearly all the dialog
>Shitty CG battles, Yoda v Sheev and Anakin v Ben

I'm really struggling to find anything I liked in the movie.

Only retards

Sheev's overhamming is the film's only saving grace. Maybe the John Williams score

>constant exposition spewing
>tensionless overchoreographed fights that look more like a dance
>bad blending of practical and cgi that made the movie instantly dated
>every dialogue scene is two characters filmed with a boring constant back to back camerawork in a blue room with some kind of couch between them and a playstation 2 like CGI matte city background through the windows
>unimaginitive "so dense" framing and composition
>anakin dark side turn is pulled out of ass
>dumb plot points (mace windu arresting sheev with those useless jedi fuckers)
>NOOOOOOOOOO

The only positive element are he sound design and soundtrack.
Based Burtt and Williams

He was a whiny angry child , but never evil. Anakin's inability to deal with loss and sense of entitlement is what lays the groundwork for his motivation to turn evil in III.

But he wasn't a good friend.

>commits genocide in 2
>needlessly executes a guy right at the beginning in 3
>never evil

PPPPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWEEER UNLIMITED POWER!!!

>commits accidental genocide against chinks in 1
>doesn't give a shit

i can see that, if you're unironically 12 years old

We should have slowly seen Anakin turn to the dark side over the series. Learning the power of it and in the end being seduced.

Instead its
>I can save Padame
>JK not really, now go kill the younglings

youtube.com/watch?v=vaW72ZchK6M

>Anakin's jedi training started too late, he had already attached himself to his mother so when he loses her he gets the first taste of the dark side and commits genocide.
>He was gonna let Dooku live, Sheev was edging him on to act on his impulses. He then senses the potential in Anakin

Lots of action and explosions and shit. And Darth Vader.

It's the same people who think Hardhome was a good episode.

Watch out for that vicious bounty hunter Boba Fett, Luke. Did I ever tell you I fought his dad? He was hired to assassinate a senator me and your father were guarding. We kept bringing her around open windows and public areas in order to draw the would-be assassin out because we knew he had too much pride to just shoot her from long range. He had used his payment to hire another bounty hunter to kill the senator for him while he sent us on a wild bantha chase. Also the 2nd assassin used her payment to buy a robot to assassinate the senator for her. Did I mention the 2nd assassin was a shapeshifter? She could have been a good friend in disguise and just shot the senator for all we knew! Then the robot used its payment to buy poisonous bugs to release into the senator's room while she slept after lasering a hole through the window. It could have just lasered her too after that because we we weren't watching her at all, but it already bought the bugs. So we sense the hostile life forms (not the robot) in the room and rush in and save the senator in the nick of time! Then I jumped out the window to chase the robot back to its owner! Luckily it didn't have a self-destruct function. Then we found the 2nd assassin and chased her across the planet, and caught her when she tried to kill us instead of shapeshifting and escaping. But to our surprise, Jango Fett was watching the whole thing instead of going to kill the senator while we were away chasing the bugs chasing the robot chasing the shapeshifter. He shot her with a poisonous dart instead of sniper blaster, and only her instead of shooting all of us or blowing all of us with a rocket or something, then he escaped with his tiny jetpack. Luckily for the senator, my good friend Dexterr Jettster owned a 50s dinner on Courscant that had Republic secrets on the menu along with cheeseburgers and malt shakes. We found the assassin and Mace Window killed him later, right in front of Boba. And he was a good friend.

>Anakin's jedi training started too late
That was already fucking stupid.
He was like 8. Do you need to be a fucking baby when you start training?
Luke was an adult and got like a week training but didn't turn out to be an asshole.
>he had already attached himself to his mother
Again, fucking stupid. Why shouldn't Jedis be able to form personal connections? Obi-Wan was fond of his 'good friend', Luke was close to Han and Leia, his surrogate parents etc.

And he just leaves his mother for years living as a slave.

>he loses her
And Luke loses his parents

>He was gonna let Dooku live, Sheev was edging him on to act on his impulses.
It wasn't impulsive, he had a chance to think about it.

Dying from sadness

The shitquels ruined Star Wars
>Jedi order trains children from birth
>Rule of two
>Midichlorians
>Han doesn't believe in Jedi despite them being a huge part of the Republican government
>Anakin build C3P0
>Anakin was basically Jesus. And not even related to Owen, so Owen and Beru raised Luke with the last name Skywalker defeating the purpose of hiding him if that was their purpose.
>Anakin was not a good friend of Ben he was his student, and more like a son.
>Jedi wear desert clothes. They should have worn if anything they should have worn what Luke was wearing in Return of the Jedi. Otherwise wouldn't people be suspicious if Ben was wearing his Jedi clothes all the time?

Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru died before Luke had started his training. Luke becomes attached to Han and Leia later on which is something that Vader and Palpatine repeatedly take advantage of. The moment when Luke finally snaps is when Vader starts talking about turning Leia in RotJ.

Garbage CGI

How does one ruin something that was already shit to begin with?

I will never get tired of this.

>Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru died before Luke had started his training
Which where he would be the most vulnerable.
No one ever taught him to resist seductions of the dark side.
>The moment when Luke finally snaps is when Vader starts talking about turning Leia in RotJ.
Vader's whole redemption is motivated by wanting to protect his son! Him forming a family was what the Jedis tried to protect him from but it's actually what turned him good.
Lust for power is what turned him evil.

Jedi wearing desert clothes was already canon, dingus

Both of them are from a desert planet.

Return of the Jedi is almost as shit as the prequels.

It was canon in the comic books and videogames too long before 1999

Except those were never canon

If there wasn't the Luke vs Vader confrontation I would completely agree.

The rest is like a bad episode of a kids show

Except all of them are were longer active Jedi.
Yoda and Ben were in hiding and Anakin had left long ago.
It looks like old man civilian clothes.
If that was the clothes Jedi wore, they would they wear them after Jedi were supposed to be hunted down a killed.

Also its Jedi Knights, it was pretty weak that they'd wear dirt farmer clothes.

That they named it Star Wars

RoJ is pretty fun. Lucas's special editions fucked shit up. But it was interesting to finally see Jabba. Also there was no musical sequence in the original version. The whole Ewok thing is retarded, but it doesn't ruin the movie.

Granted the pacing is a little fucked, but that because they gave Lucas more freedom than in a New Hope.
Lucas is a hack, he has some great ideas, mostly from other movies. But he needs someone to tell him no and to edit his movies.

The prequels are the best example of why Lucas needed someone else directing.

It has a lot of issues, but I still think it's much better than the prequels or TFA.

Wasn't it RoTJ, where Lucas tried to get Lynch to direct it?

Jedi are more like warrior munks.The outfits in SW were always inspired by the way people dressed in ancient japan like in Kurosawa films.

DUDE PLINKETT LMAO

anakins fall was to hamfisted and rushed he suddenly turns bad im sure the novel portrays a slower more believable change

I believe Lynch was the first choice, yeah, but decided to do Dune instead for whatever reason.

In medieval Japan peasants and samurai didn't all dress the same. In the prequels the Jedi belong to the government.
In Kurasawa films there's tons of dudes wearing armor and fancy clothing. Its just in like 7 Samurai and Yojimbo that the characters who are ronin dress more like commoners.

>implying some youtuber invented hating the prequels
>implying he is wrong
half the time people say a valid criticism of the prequels plebs say they got it from Plinket, which isn't an argument.

>Star Wars

That's fuckin' crazy man.

DUDE NITPICKING EVERY LITTLE DETAIL IN A KIDS MOVIE LMAO

Lucas called him over, drove him in his Ferrari and showed what it js about and when he heard the word "wookies" he completely denied the possibility of working on it telling george that it is his project and passion not his.

Then Lynch got scolded by his agent because Star Wars means millions but Lynch doesn't give a fuck.

Just hit "lynch star wars" in youtube and you'll find the short interview

Why did 1 & 2 suck so hard whereas 3 is on par with the originals?

How did George unjust so hard. Different writers?

>on par with the originals?
kek
Even rotj was better

4>5>6=3>1>2>so this is pretty much the perfect tier list, right?

no, because 3 is unwatchable garbage.

>He told George it was his passion project and that he should direct even though he doesn't like directing

So basically Lynch ruined Star Wars?

Dune is a much better universe. It's kind of unfilmable, though, but at least he tried.

The Padme/Anakin scenes are unwatchable, except when they stare at each other before Mace Windu confronts Sheev

I unironically enjoyed the prequels but the originals are better without question

Read this lads, it's the best

I can agree with this but
5>4>6> >3> > >1>2> > > > >7

would elliot rodger have happened if they didnt make evil cynical bad guys like Anakin on the movie? IMO he was inspired deeply by anakin massacring all the kids scene before going on rampage at local school

3 is the worst of the prequels you nargs

2 is way worse.

3 was ridiculous in a fun way.
2 was ridiculous in a boring and frustrating way.

>Anakin and Obi Wan are fighting.
>Anakin gains the high ground
>Obi Wan chokes out "You're letting them kill Shmi"
>Anakin roars "WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME!?"
>Padme rushes up and says "It's his mother's name."
>Anakin extinguishes his Light Saber and says "From my point of view, no one who's mother shares the name of my mother is evil."

Objective list

3 > 4 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 2 > 7 > 1

Anakin made a Faustian bargain and burned all his bridges. At that point, Palpatine was all he had left. It's still his own fault though.

100% objective, mathematically sound list is:
7 > 6 > 5 > 4 > 3 > 2 > 1

But 2 almost feels like a movie. 3 is so static and boring in every single scene. George just didn't give a shit at all by that point.

>and Anakin believed him without any questioning
it's established in Episode 2 that Palpatine is Anakin's father figure who he trusts unconditionally. In episode 2 he also believes he could have saved Shmi from dying, and promises 'I won't fail again' at her grave. Of course he does everything he can to save Padme. He didn't believe him without questioning, when he finds out he's a sith lord he reports him to the jedi council.

kek

5>3>4>6>1=2>7

If you argue with this you are a Plinkett drone who binge watches a lard asses' youtube videos rather than watching the movies themselves.

UNLIMITED POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

anakin has serious mental issues from being a slave child, from partial indoctrination into a cult, from banging his surrogate mother etc. it has been clearly established that he is completely irrational when it comes to his mother-wife padme and sheev exploits it. "but i want the character to be more rational" is not a flaw of the movie.

LITERAL perfect list

the prequels are certainly better than the garbage fire that is rotj

>4
>anywhere but #1 or sharing with ESB
Pleb

>Mace Window

You have autism.

>10,000 Jedi knights
>100,000000000000000 people in the galaxy
Most people in their lives will never hear about the Jedi, much less see one. Han also never said he didn't believe in Jedi, he said he didn't believe in the Force, which people probably became convinced was all tricks when they got killed by the heroic Stormtroopers, putting down their coup.

>all these contrarian memers acting like 7 was worse than the prequels

Kek I didn't even notice this

Have you rewatched it? Shit's Indiana Jones 4: Star Wars Edition.

The prequels aren't that good, but they at least tried in some sense.

This 2-b-h. Revenge of the Sith is underrated.

>but-but muh CGI!
>muh dialogue! xD
>muh Lucas fucking it all up! xD
These are exceptional memes for 13 year olds.

as a followup to esb rotj is a fucking crime. it literally retcons everything interesting about the badass ending to esb with the fucking "i was telling the truth... from a certain point of view" thing.

the whole point of esb is that luke has a crisis of faith and goes on a journey to restore it, but instead it gets completely shattered: everything luke believed/was told by obi wan was a lie, and luke now has to forge his own path, dig himself out from the existential hole vader's revelation left him in. then rotj is like "uh that's hard to write, let's forget it ever happened" and so luke is arbitrarily reverted to a pre-esb mindset where he still just does what obi wan tells him to do except with a sad face.

plus changing the ending from the original negative one, bringin the death star back, making leia luke's sister, showing vader's face, the horrible mess of the sarlacc fight, the general drop in production value... the ewoks are the smallest problem in this pile of dogshit.

How can you not see that 7 was worse than the prequels? Are you a reyfag blinded by sexual tension or wtf

>showing vader's face,
What's wrong with this? It shows him being redeemed, it's hard to feel sympathy for someone who is wearing a helmet that makes him look like a robot.Seeing that he is human makes us feel far more sympathy.

>The prequels aren't that good, but they at least tried in some sense
Yeah, tried and failed miserably. Stop deluding yourself.

>Also its Jedi Knights, it was pretty weak that they'd wear dirt farmer clothes.

it's actually the best. they're incredibly rich and powerful, literally live in a crystal palace in the capital of the galaxy, but they wear these pristine, mass produced replica beggar robes as a sign of false humility. same thing happened to real monastic orders in christian history. it's one of the many signs in the prequels that the jedi are shits and deserve to get wiped.

>3 valid complaints
>muh
Just take your pills, user.

>tried
It had really lazy writing and George never bothered to get up his fat ass while directing it.

It didn't try shit, but to sell toys.
Don't pretend this was some passion project of George.
He had no real personal interest in making those movies.

This has been established.

7 was a better movie and a significantly worse Star Wars instalment.

But it's great.
*sucks dick*