So I'm a sales rep for a marketing company called Vector and we sell a...

So I'm a sales rep for a marketing company called Vector and we sell a. brand called Cutco (kitchen cutlery mainly) and how we work is call people we know and set appointments with them. After that we go to their houses and do a presentation that's an hour long or less and try to sell them knives, cookware, gardening stuff, survival knives and even tableware. Then we ask them for recommendations of friends or family to try to sell them. My problem on my side is that no one is really comfortable to do it. And a majority of my appointments end up being no sales bc they say they're too poor which makes no sense bc $259 for 5 months is cheap. Hell even my mother bought and she makes $12k per year. Y'all wanna help me out cuz college is starting soon and well the money I make helps me survive college and if I sell enough I get a scholarship. I'm the first one in my family to get this far. I really need your help Sup Forums. (Pic related; straight out of our marketing book)

timestamp pls

FYI, although selling for Cutco is shit (no more so than any other similar gig, mind), their product is sound. My gf also used to do this, and her experience was similar to your own. But she actually bought a handful of her own knives. This was about 18 years ago or so, and we still have them and use them on the reg.

Pls explain? I'm new here sorry

I actually got a few knives as a prize bc I sold $3k in sales after my first 10 days after training but that's about a month ago now...

They're actually pretty good knives. Their marketing strategy sucks, but they make decent knives.

Okay so idk but I lost my op stamp so I'll put my name as OP now on

>I'm a sales rep
Ya and I know you go to that liqour store near work usually friday

I'm not even old enough to go drinking. Plus after almost getting in a fight with a drunk British man in Spain while being drunk, I vowed to never drink

>$259 for 5 months is cheap

I like Cutco. Good knives. Too expensive though. Can get a nice set of Henckels for $300 or so. Which are better knives.

The Cutco knives I have are from ebay, thrift stores, and relatives passing.

- from someone who actually knows shit about kitchen knives...

Kek

I used to sell CutCo, still do on occasion, past customers contact me and such. I was even in management for a while. It goes better for some than other, I fall sort of in the middle but I knew several that were earning hundreds of dollars a week almost instantly. Others, naturally, never got to their first sale. The way I see it, it's worth a try for basically anyone for a week or two, great opportunity, and after all what have you got to lose? Biggest tip I can give is keep making phone calls, and follow the script. Best of luck to you, OP.

oh, ok then good choice
I'll be the cuck

Sorry.

Okay so do they have a special recessed edge that is literally registered so no one else can make it but them? Do they have a forever guarantee for normal usage, accidental breakage and abuse and misuse? Do they use a 440A steel? Last time I checked Wüstof and Shun used a 420A steel.

Whoa there killer... Every manufacturer has something that makes them unique. Knives have been made for thousands of years. Solingen, Germany is probably the mecca of cutlery. An entire city of skilled knife makers.
Cutco probably the best US cutlery manufacturer, but there are others that are quite good too. Some better.

Side note: I used to be in direct sales. Used to sell a $3000 vacuum back in the 90's. Damn good vacuum. Still own one (kept one of the ones I had bought when I was a subdistributor). Worth $3000?.?. If you're a good salesman ;) . I was.

Look for white people in the high/mid class and if you can show them that buying it is worth it then they are most likely going to go for it.

So basically change your market.

Also, my grandfather used to sell Cutco. We have 3 Homemaker sets in the family that are passed down as heirlooms. I like the knives. They are good. I have been in sales. I know how direct sales "is". But, I am mired in reality.

Best of luck to you. I'm sure you will do fine. If anything, I think direct sales is a good experience for everyone.

>what have you got to lose?

Don't they make you buy a set of knives?

Pfft, I grew up in a better area and knew a lot more white people I've would of already done that my dude bc it has crossed my mind but nope, no dice

literally, go fuck yourself. I've had to put myself through college without the use of scams. I too am the first out of my family to make it to college.

That being said, is your best bet

I disagree. I made more money from lower to middle class areas when I was in sales. If I could have gotten financing approval for everyone, I would have just gone from trailer park to trailer park and been a millionaire. Easy sales.

- Protip: Go to neighborhoods with "little trees". Older, full grown trees means retirees. No trees means poverty. little / young trees means growth, fresh money, people starting into the successful part of their lives. People who would be in the market for nice things that they can keep for a lifetime.

- my nickels worth of free advice

Hit up newly constructed neighborhoods where people are just moving in. New homeowners need tons of stuff. Not knives usually but you never know.

It's not a scam?
Like the knives do show their worth and edge time and time again. You've seen other people here saying hey, they're pretty good/decent which means they hold some truth to it.

yup

So it is one of those fraud marketing schemes where the company generates their income mainly by ripping off their "salesmen"

Pls explain how we're ripping off tho

Have you tried OJ's house?

Ferrealdoe, Cutco knifes are good quality. It sucks that their marketing plan is door-to-door. Do they sell them shitz online?

Do you wanna get shot - Because that's how you get shot.

Not a scam. True. But you're trying to get someone to give up money now for something they can "get by with" for cheaper. That's where your salesmanship comes in. You have to make them feel it's in their best interest to give up their money, that they can do cool with shit, for something that is mundane.

Do you have to buy the knives first?

Once you make a sale with the knives you bought, do you need to pass on a bit of that money?

Are there any regular fees you need to pay as a seller of these knives?

Do you get promised big bucks if you recruit people to sell on your behalf?

We do sell online but you don't get promotions or discounts like a sales rep would give you like let's say I'm at your place selling this to you. If you bought out Homemaker +8 set, I can give you $200 of stuff free bc it's my first time visiting you.

Plus that's why call people we know the get recommended to their friends etc

Can you take muh credit card over 4chins?

Was it the TriStar? I sold TriStars. Made a good nit of money with them too.

Pro-Tip for OP...Don't judge your customer by your perception of their net worth. I sold more cutco knives to people living in ranch houses and trailers then I did to people live in nicer homes. Why? Because a lot of "poorer" people tend to be that way because they overspend on shit they don;t need (like Cutco knives and TriStar vacuums). They buy on whim. Those are your customers.

Nah man. I made a shit ton of money in direct sales. It gives an opportunity for someone with some drive to go out and make some money.

It's not for everyone. If you want easy sales, go become a checkout lady at walmart. If you want to "sell" something to someone, and make the corresponding commission, then direct sales are an awesome opportunity.

Its like triforce.

1. We are given a contract bc they give us the "Blue book" and 4 knives and the super shears that cost $400 in total but we don't pay for it unless we lose it.
2. We write up order forms online so the money all goes to the company bc debit/credit cards then on Friday what we make in commissions is what they pay us. In my office, they also guarantee a base pay even if we don't sell as a safeguard that is better than minimum wage.
3. We don't have fees as a sales rep
4. They said we can get free stuff if we recruit people to a certain amount

I sold Tristar for a while, but Mostly I sole Silver King / BlueMax. Both good machines. Silverking can pick up water too though.

Silver King is mainly in the Western US. Colorado, California, New Mexico, Arizona...

sold...

If you got kik we can discuss this privately

Officalaidenpearce

I was a freshman in high school don't judge me

inb4 covert personal army request because OP hates Dan Jimero

not sure why you're telling him to go fuck himself..

Nope. The sample kit is loaned out for free, like a library book.

Who is Dan Jimero? I don't anyone except my ex but that's another story for another thread

>I sold more cutco knives to people living in ranch houses and trailers then I did to people live in nicer homes

Exactly. People with lots of money 1) have money for a reason 2) have some self control and are less likely to impulse buy 3) can pretty much buy what they want when they want and a have already bought something they're happy with.

look at OP's picture

>no sales bc they say they're too poor which makes no sense bc $259 for 5 months is cheap
Or it could be that Cutco is rubbish shit sold at decent cutlery price.

Pfft, dude you have no idea how confused I am too
I didnt do anything bad

Why not sale your boy pussy also at these presentations?
Like when u go to model a knife stick rhe handle in your ass so they can see both products and how effective they are.

I sold the shit out of these one summer. If you don't come from a family that is at least middle class and have a lot of relatives and family friends in the same boat you're fucked. Nobody living paycheck to paycheck is going to drop $800 on a set of fucking knives when they already have some that aren't as good but get the job done.

Typical sales scheme, unpaid training, get people to sell to their families and most drop out right after that. Not worth the $16 per appointment OR commission whichever is higher.

Oh, I put the X bc it means I did the appointment it's just he bought nothing but shit I didn't realize I had my phone book out...

fuck off sales prick. that isn't a career, that's harassment.

Have you bought yourself at least a singular knife from them

generally if OP asks people to fuck with someone else, people will respond "we're not your personal army" but if he """""accidentally""""" posts a phone number, then people will start calling it and sending it dick pics and shit like that.
I sent Dan a dick pic.

What the fuck? These are people that I know well for a few years
What the fuck do you mean harassment?

Hell fucking no, why would I spend 140 for a 440a knife when I own numerous ~140 kitchen knives which are laminated VG-10?

Try selling pot or something similar at least you can directly control your profits then and people will actually buy shit

Have you considered my suggestion of selling your man ass? Just curious.

Yo that's not fucking cool..

sales is the leader of a dumbass cult and is everything wrong with the world

Why would you get a knife laminated?

Are all of you fucking newfags? Seriously, when i started college in 2010 cutco tried time and time again to get me to sell for them. It's basically a pyramid scheme that's not a pyramid scheme. The knives might be good, but you can get great knives for a lot less. If you want to be a salesman, first off, don't. You will not get out once you start because all sales jobs will try to make the job more important than school. My manager at Verizon almost got me to quit college less than a year from graduating by threatening to fire me. This goes for automotive sales, candy sales, or truly any fucking sales where you make commission off a product.

Second, if you like making money by taking advantage of people, go to a dealership. You'll make a fuck ton more for a lot less work. If you bust your ass as a salesman you can easily make 300k per year. Start at your local Toyota or Ford dealer (or really any dealer that has a product you trust) and they'll start you in used cars. Then once you sell well enough they'll bring you in to new cars and you'll be making bank so fast it'll make your head spin. But be prepared to work bell to bell and be ready and willing to take every damn up that comes your way. Seriously, to be a great salesman you need to work as many deals as you can at a time. Watch glengarry glen ross for inspiration and motivation.

Finally, if you have a dream, just go work at a pizza place. You don't need to earn all your money now. Working sales may help pay for college, but you'll end up quitting before you graduate. You'll never achieve your dream because sales will consume you. Just go too school and work for the grounds crew on campus. Or get a city job. There are plenty of programs to get you extra school money and allot you time for school as well. After you graduate i promise the money will start to come in and you can pay off your debt.

TL;DR cutco and sales suck, just go into debt. It's better

Maybe if u posted photo of sharpie in popper we could be bought off to not call Don.

So you can run 62hrc VG-10 but retain the stain resistance of 420j, thus having a knife which actually holds an edge.

Cutco is fine for most casuals I supposed, but as a cheffag I don't like them: form factor in hand no pleasant, and they cannot be traditionally sharpened. I hone mine with each use, they are vg10 core custom that were probably not as expensive as cutco. I have a friend with an 8" cutco chef knife and while it took lots of casual use to get there, it's now lost its edge.

Could you like not be a cuck seriously?

Why go out of your way to ruin someone's day?

HahahahajajajajHHHahabababab

Same thing if your blade was a carbon, stainless steel knife.

This pretty much, even off the shelf, Shun and Tojiro offer high hrc VG-10 for less than Cutco's 440a.

Why did you come to the sewer and expect to get no shit on you?

VG-10 is a high carbon stainless, it's relatively stain resistant but run at high hardness it loses some of its stain resistance, hence the 420 lamination. 440a on the other hand is a very very low carbon stainless and will never hold an edge.

Shun's is a 420A steel

No, only the laminate is, the core is VG-10 at ~61hrc

Considering how everything was going till you came here, did you think I was thinking I was gonna shit on? God, just because you can be toxic doesn't mean you should.

I belive you aren't op. So either way sharpie in popper and I'll buy a knife.

Alright what's your kik?

This entire thread is spam.

Pooperhound9000

Thanks for the lie.

Pussycommander

Buttdagger

What do you gain out of tormenting me, Andy?

Andy, what do you gain from tormenting me?

A false sense of self worth there Marshall.

Unfuckingbelievable. An entire thread of sheep.

There's no real reason for you to be toxic here Mr. Munoz.

Who is this Dan Jimem at the top of the notebook, and why did you leave his number out?

Dan requires dick picks to survive. Op has set us to task of unloading our dongers on Dan's inbox.

Why can't we just have a non toxic post?

I forgot I had my phone book out when I took the picture, can't people learn to forgive and forget here?

Wustof and shun DO NOT use 420 steel. Shun uses VG-10, which is how I know you don't know Jack shit about knives.

This is one of the most insightful sales tips I've heard. No easier sale than someone with a new house that needs to be filled up with things.