So I've been at a real crossroads...

So I've been at a real crossroads. What in the fuck do people think will be mainstream/any new sounds the next decade or two? Like, where is music, especially mainstream, headed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kz_f2xYqGzQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Power electronics has come and passed

Not sure if this is sarcasm. I mean, isn't the point of electronics to mimic other sounds? What new styles of music can even be created? Everything has pretty much already been replicated into a song.

it'll continue to circle the drain

>Next decade
Hip-hop is going to go two directions. Footwork/house-hop and industrial trap. Think Big Fish Theory and xxxtentacion. They're ahead of the curve, as much as I had xxx.
Rock will continue to be dead, but we may see some mathier stuff go mainstream. 21 Pilots style reggae pop rap rock will be the new pop punk and the world will be worse for it.
Electronic will start adopting vocaloid style tech with a much less weeby image.
Bro-country will further embrace hip-hop.
Reggaeton will meld with trance and dub and become a dominant genre.
Nu-metal revival.

It's going to be a mixed bag.

What makes you say nu metal revival?

Seems like time. Rock is dead and the kind of hip hop that inspired nu-metal is dying/dead. Also, the people that grew up on it will probably get nostalgic. I'm not excited about it, but I see it happening.

nu-metal has already hit the underground fashion trends. the music is heading that way

to add on to this. we'll seeing ambient pop start hitting the mainstream sound also

>ambient pop
Huh. Interesting idea. Why do you see that happening?

>XXX

Was not "ahead of the curve" That's ridiculous. He's just a normified version of a ton of things. Lil B was doing raps over shitty distorted beats, Bones had his "aesthetic" years ago, who was influenced by SGP and LUM. Death Grips had the attitude.

He's years late to this shit. The only reason he has any modicum of success is
>Always getting into shit, whether that be beating pregnant women, getting into fights, going to jail or getting knocked the fuck out
>Model tier looks
>So-called "variety" of X's music, which includes trash attempts at a few genres
>Meme rap plus EMO AUDIENCE

The emos have really descended onto trap these days. It's why it's fucking gay now. X came at the perfect time, just like Lil Peep, just like SuicideBoys, just like Ghostemane. All hardcore/"punk" hipster kids capitalizing on the trap trend. Absolute bullshit on par with nu-metal, which is an apt comparison. Embarrassing.

>Was not "ahead of the curve" That's ridiculous. He's just a normified version of a ton of things.
Being normie Death Grips/LUM is being ahead of the curve tho. Death Grips are accessible and fresh. They just needed to be packaged for the right audience. x is the first one to explicitly hit the audience this music is going to blow up with. Also:
>xxxtentacion
>Model tier looks

the 1975 have already played with this idea on their recent release.

lots of the current trap production (carti, 21 savage) recent beats are way more ambient influenced(whether by accident or drugs) than what was popular during the take off.

I could be wrong but with how "hard" times are people will want music that makes them rage or relaxes them in a way. i honestly feel like some form of ambient will finally breakthru. there's already a market for it thru hans zimmer "atmospheric" scores that normies love

tho I'm hoping the ambient pop sound is more like this album youtube.com/watch?v=Kz_f2xYqGzQ

also to add. lo-fi hip hop beats are already popular among weebs who want "study" music. the market is pretty much primed for it already.

He's good looking, everyone knows it. One of the best looking rappers I've seen basically ever.

Being normie isn't ahead of the curve musically, if that's what we're talking about. But I think you mean marketing wise, which I guess is okay.

nah i think you're gay bruh

I can kind of see it now that you mention it. It'd probably play nicely to streaming/playlist culture too.
Nah, I agree that he's nothing new musically. I was talking about marketing. Kind of the Duran Duran to the Japan of LUM/Death Grips and such. And I still don't see how xxx is supposed to be attractive. Does that stupid ass numb tattoo and edgelord hair not kill it for people? Like, I'd get it if you were talking about A$AP Rocky or Thugger or something, but xxxtentacion??

No

Bro, people think Lil Peep is hot. Seeing as how his fans are teen girls if you're not seeing idk what to tell you. Dude wears a choker. He's extremely androgynous/effeminate which is what most models tend to have in common

when will hiphop finally die, or at least stop being literally the only thing mu talks about

you must be new. hip hop just became popular on Sup Forums in 2014. its dying off here tbqh.
unless kendrick or kanye releases something its not discussed much. the rap generals have all ied.

no I am not new I remember when it wasnt so popular and I want to go back to then. I like kanye anyway, kendrick was always shit though.

I'm so fucking sick of those dumb chopped vocals and trap bass in every electronic song.
I'd trade it for tasteless early-2010s EDM in a second at this point.