Suprise, suprise, Sup Forums gets btfo'd yet again

Suprise, suprise, Sup Forums gets btfo'd yet again.

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/suicide-squads-secret-drama-rushed-916693
youtube.com/watch?v=jM2K2AXhFwE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is this board ever NOT on suicide watch?

When will critics stop trying to sabotage the DCEU? They've failed twice now.

>Sup Forums hated suicide squad

Thank you for correcting the record, Marvel.

>won't even hit $800 million

How cute. Look how they tried.

>hideously timed gun worship
What the fuck does that even mean?

When's it opening in Japan? That should be worth an extra 30 mil or so

YES! I have no idea why people hated this. I loved it. Saw it twice

>fun blockbuster
>effective marketing
nothing wrong with that, it's not like the average joe cares about reviews

Yeah what a unmitigated disaster

>hey did you know that BvS is ALSO one of the top highest 100 grossing movies of the world?!

Reminder that the DCEU is tracking ahead of the MCU

>First 3 MCU films
1.4 billion
>First 3 DCEU films
2.2 billion

>mfw I am Marvel fan and did not really like Suicide Squad that much
>mfw I went to see it twice because i kind of liked the visuals
>mfw I did the same with BvS
>mfw I realised i have not seen most of Marvel movies in cinema at all
im a retard, AMA

Why do the critics sound so butthurt and hateful towards this movie?

>top 100
Wooooow

I'm the same

and yet it did not earn nowhere near the eight thousand billion dollars it needed to break even.
Blunder of the century

People see pass the media bias now. Rotten tomatoes has lost a lot of credibility this summer.

When Disney stops paying them to

>one of the top 100 highest grossing movies of all time.

That doesn't even mean anything. You have to compare how much it made to the actual budget to see if it made any money.
Did reddit squad even break even? I don't think so.

Marvel films are the kind you buy on DVD and watch with your kids/nephews/wifes kids

At least that's my feelings. They're not the kind of films you go to the cinema to see, they're the kind you enjoy with family around you.

Proof that marketing is literally all that matters

Poorly developed characters
Shitty plot
Bad editing
Shit dialogue

but how many dceu films are there? and how many mcu are there?

>I like the pretty colors and music

you really are a retard

We're talking about Suicide Squad, not Civil War.

September 10th

There are 13 MCU films and 3 DC films.

The first 3 Marvel films grossed 1.4 billion, the first 3 DC films grossed 2.2 billion and rising

Yeah how dare he like something you don't like.

It just makes them so salty for some reason

The film was a lot of fun for me. I enjoyed seeing all the characters on screen

>top 100 grossing of all time in the world
... I love how heavily that's qualified.

they wanted Ghostbusters to be a mega hit to push their political agenda. it bombed, so their answer was to find the next "guy movie" and eviscerate it and try to shame the target audience. obviously it didn't work, and ironically women liked Suicide Squad and Harley Quinn more than anything in Ghostbusters.

I like how being in the top 100 is longer an accomplishment of merit because Sup Forums doesn't like the movie.

>September 10th
Good let's hope Japan has a decent box office for it

It must be nice to be so easily entertained

Eh, suicide squad had the same problems

>they wanted Ghostbusters to be a mega hit to push their political agenda. it bombed, so their answer was to find the next "guy movie" and eviscerate it

This so fucking much.

It's like they don't know Harley's character at all.

>first 3 MCU films
>barely any marketing
>first 3 DCEU films
>the marketing department bought an island and developed cloning technology for test marketing

Rising?

Because they're influenced by the current climate of what's established as good.

It's been established that Marvel make good films, therefore in order to appear credible they must review every Marvel film well.

It's been established DC makes bad films (Superman Returns, Green Lantern,etc), therefore in order to appear credible they must review every DC film badly

THIS KUHTAHNA

We're talking about Suicide Squad, not Guardians of teh Galaxy

It also had a pretty ridiculous budget, and even though it made a little over $800mil, it needed to hit that just to make it's money back. BvS only made like $50mil profit at most. Which is pathetic for a Batman and Superman movie.

Keep in mind that, again, this was Batman and Superman, two of the most popular fictional characters in the world, on the big screen for the first time ever. This was a movie even the loudest Marvel shills were admitting was probably going to hit $1.5 billion at least.

Seems like more fun than telling strangers what doesn't entertain me

harley being a bad character for a long time doesn't make harley not a bad character.

>barely any marketing

Why are you lying like that?

>Sup Forums doesn't like the movie.
I have no idea why people here do not like it.

Easily entertained? Civil War for instance was bland as it mainly was just action whereas SS only had 3 major action scenes otherwise it was very story driven with all the characters.

Of course it was hard for them to include so much backstory for each member in only a 2 hour film (it really should have been 3 hours or 2 and a half hours).

$175 million budget, before marketing costs. it made $600 million, more than enough to cover any marketing. not to mention all the merchandise and the future bluray sales.

I wouldn't get my hopes up given that the Japs don't typically go wild over western films. Might push an extra 15 mil or so over the coming weeks, but they REALLY needed that China release which would have typically given an extra 40-50 mil boost to the total BO.

>its a conspiracy!

please stop

Statistics lie. Opinions don't.

Source. I'll wait.

And they also have no idea about Joker's character

>"OH NO! JOKER IS OFFERING HARLEY UP FOR SEX WITH THIS GUY... THIS CANNOT BE ALLOWED IN A HOLLYWOOD FILM!"
If they understood Joker at all then they would understand that Joker is meant to be psychotic with no morals.

Of course the WB cut of the film made Joker more loving towards Harley but still. It pisses me off when these critics get so butthurt when there are adult themes in a film about villains.

I mean, you're welcome to provide evidence of marvel's extensive marketing campaign for ... whatever three movies you're calling the first of the MCU.

Would you die for him, Sup Forums?

Can you read? I never said it's a conspiracy. I said they're influenced by what is happening around them.

In the same way every Pixar film is a 10/10, every Spielberg film is a 10/10, and ever Michael Bay film is a 2/10, etc, they're attempting to appear credible to their peers.

It's not a conspiracy, just the stroking of egos.

numales hate DC

>this """"movie"""" becomes a record breaker while unironic kino like lost river is shunned and forgotten about almost immediatly.

What a time to be alive.

It's almost as if the shittiest a movie is, the more it will sell.

But SS is a very artistically drawn piece of art. I am sure the Japanese love unique art.

>barely any marketing
is that a joke?

DC is for chads
Marvel is for numales

>Sup Forums math

I forgot that you guys did that

>>barely any marketing
Iron Man 1/2 and Hulk were heavily marketed. Incredible Hulk and IM2 especially.

Oh no, the movie made money... that means it's not shit... and if the public doesn't think it's shit, then I've gotta do something about my own opinion....

>It pisses me off when these critics get so butthurt when there are adult themes in a film about villains.
my favorite thing is they always whine that whatever medium they cover needs to "grow up" and "be more mature" but then they act like gradeschoolers any time adult themes come up.

it's always bitterness about the fact that they're stuck reviewing superhero movies and they will never ever be liked or as relevant as the products they review. they'll never work for a prestigious publication and no one will ever care about what they as an individual have to say. it's amazing.

What an enlightened millenial you are.

Reminder

>>first 3 MCU films
>>barely any marketing
How's your first day on Sup Forums? Have a good time kid?

>Suicide Squad
>story driven

The way they handled backstories was really fucking lazy too. Just a bio written by one of the writer's down syndrome kids reading like someone's self insert donut steel OC flashed on screen for 2 seconds, then nothing about their backstories is ever brought up again unless it relates to the exactly one personality trait assigned to each character.

>Diablo: MUH FAMILY
>Harley: I'm le wacky xD
>Deadshot: I'm Will Smith
>Katana: I'm Japanese
>Flagg: JUUUUUNE

woah, the "critics" said it was bad
and they're always 100% right, it must be bad! (even though i haven't watched it yet)

Still waiting.

You do know the studio doesn't get 100% of the gross, right? That's why its called the gross, and not the net. Domestic theaters get about half and the ticket price and between the costs of international releases on top of theater cuts means the studio only clears about 35% of the ticket cost from non-domestic theaters.

So spending any money on marketing makes suicide squad a loss.

Almost every normal guy disliked the movie.
The girls that liked the movie are preteen/early teen.
God, I had never seen so many 13 year olds together before.

Suicide Squad is an excellent piece of cinema (NOT talking about the WB edit but the story, characters in general. I found it way more enjoyable than BvS).

I just wished we got more Joker and Harley and especially Joker doing shit

Are you implying suicide squad is a work of better quality than lost river is?

The film is a pleb filter of the highest standard. People who love all style and zero substance crap absolutely love it - going to see it several times, even.

More people like the movie than dislike it and I bet that just burns you up inside

>its not a conspiracy, but its a conspiracy
>wake up sheeple

please. please stop.

I got some bad news, DCucks.

Suicide Squad needs $800 MILLION to break even.

It's not even anywhere close to that yet.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/suicide-squads-secret-drama-rushed-916693
>Even on the day of the premiere, one insider fretted about whether Suicide Squad would mirror BvS' huge opening and weak legs. Another veteran says the goal is survival: "The movie's got to do $750 million, $800 million to break even. If they get anywhere close to that, they'll consider it a win."

lol.
ok.

Just imagine if WB had allowed the scene of Joker slapping and passing on Harley.

People would still be bitching.

>top 100 guise!

DCucks clinging to any accolade at this point.

>reddit
>Sup Forums
>Sup Forums
>/jp/
>/lgbt/

I saw it twice because I loved the story and all the characters. Never have I seen such rich characters on screen in such a while in a film.

I find it funny how pissed all of you get that people enjoy this film.

Lol never even heard of lost river, four-eyes.

Oh boy, can't wait for the "Suicide Squad: Supreme Ultimate Director's Cut" with all the DLC's and unlocked secret characters.

Domestic theaters get 30%, which is why they shill hard for you to buy food.

International is about the same, minus tax.

SS qualifies for taxation rebates, product placement, etc.

The marketing was handled by inhouse WB teams advertising on inhouse WB channels.

Cut it however you want, SS made bank. continue being upset m8

>implying I didn't watch it and think it was shit before I had even seen the reviews

see

If you had payed attention: director said that there will not be a director's cut.

Are you new to this site?

>It's a DCuck got trick into paying for the same movie twice episode

I thought you guys wised up after the Blueray release was just as bad as the theater release.

Are you saying that because something sells well its objectively good? Go watch grown ups 2, the highest grossing movie of the year i believe and then rethink your post. Just because some jackass posted an article that says so doesnt make it true. Dipshit.

see

>Guy who had nothing to do with the film says thing
Disregarded.

>insider

dropped, obvious Disney plant to spread misinformation about DCkino

youtube.com/watch?v=jM2K2AXhFwE

Jared Leto is LITERALLY contemplating suicide just to get the Joker's cut scenes released

Nice, now expect 20 more related movies in the next years.

Hollywood is crowded with these shit movies. What do you guys find atractive about superhero movies? I genuinely ask.

>inb4 b8

How am I a DCuck?

I found BvS average but Suicide Squad was such a treat to see.

I am sorry that you don't like this movie but I do.

No idea why you get so angry about it

Haha this board knows fuck all about movie financing. No matter what money SS made this board would've just moved goalposts cause its the only thing its good at

I haven't seen it and never plan to.
Actually, you'd have to pay me to watch it.

>Domestic theaters get 30%

actually its a sliding scale with different cuts the longer from the premier the movie runs. With the average always coming to about 50%.

And they shill the food so hard because theater audiences are captive. Not because they're hurting for money.