Sup Forums confessions

be sincere

It isn't a very good album. Half the songs are absolute Dylan classics but there is a lot of trash too.

I like music
A lot

Tommy is the only Who record I really like

If someone tells me they listen to death grips or most Sup Forumscore I secretly tune them out

I love the Kick Inside, but Hounds of Love is incredibly mediocre

Disagree. Its probably the only double album I know without filler.

>Caravan Palace
>5/5

wtf

What songs are bad besides rainy day women?

I like to dance

Not really a confession, but I hate Talk Talk to a truly comical degree - I somehow like Bark Psychosis, though, and they sound pretty similar

I'll one-up you on this user, I don't enjoy listening to Kate Bush at all. I feel that this is at least partly due to the fact I hate '80s production styles that manifest themselves on albums like Dreaming and Hounds of Love.

I though the same thing, man

I love stuff like limp bizkit, top 40 pop etc and I always smugly mock them while I listen to them, like how stupid the lyrics are.
Also this:

Most of my musical opinions are of the "le wrong generation" variety. The only somewhat current band I ever listen to is the Black Keys.

I can't stand Sun Kil Moon, Talk Talk, or Dead Can Dance

I don't particularly enjoy hip-hop even after giving it a fair shake.

Most of the music I listen to it old rock or music that sounds like older rock

the last half of downward spiral is genuinely great

If an album is 'canonical' or critically acclaimed, I generally just presume it's boring as shit and never listen to it.

I hate Pet Sounds, its just boring

The whole album is man

Same. Fuck Bob Dylan.
Disgusting.

I think Liquid Swords, Midnight Marauders, and Ironman are overrated. I also think that Jeffery, Savage Mode, and Goblin are underrated.

"Boring" is not a valid criticism

how do you feel about disco inferno

Animal Collective bore me and I can't find out why.

Disgusting opinion

Right?
I know this is trolling but c'mon lmao

Well too bad

Listen to it again.

I have, ive been trying for 4 years to like it

I like Slowdive and Ride more than MBV
Also, I think ITCOTCK isn't the best KC album
I feel like The Bends is overrated and actually one of the worst Radiohead albums, along with TKOL and Pablo Honey
I also find Soundtracks for the Blind incredibly annoying and boring, I feel the same for Trout Mask Replica

i find myself listening to psytrance, happy hardcore and speedcore far more than i'd like to admit

it's annoying explaining to people that i listen to "everything" because that's usually what boring ppl say but i literally listen to pretty much everything

glad i'm not the only one who thinks TMR is a fucking snoozefest
i "get" it, it just doesn't excite me at all

Britpop was good desu

Metal is shit

Not sure if to take this as a facetious comment based on my own comment

Or a refutation of the attached ratings I included

Yeah, and the "dude it's supposed to be unsettling and annoying" isn't really a good argument
I feel like a lot of people pretend to like it just because they feel like it has some artistic value to it, but it's actually just really bad
I can't imagine anyone listening to TMR and Soundtracks for the Blind and find it actually enjoyable

Slowdive is incredible, their comeback this year is my aoty

There's more like GYBE and Death Grips but these are probably more controversial

Punk is almost entirely garbage
It's just an excuse to replace creativity, songwriting, and talent with "attitude"

underground disco is the only interesting genre of the 70s, it also aged perfectly because it doesn't have those fucking blues influences like funk and it's not about ballads like soul.

I listened to Soundtracks about a month ago, after listening to To Be Kind, The Seer and The Glowing Man, and I fucking loved it first listen. I've listened to Helpless Child and The Sound a lot recently, so when I give SFTB a re-listen, I'm pretty sure I'll love it even more.

As for TMR, I listened to the first hour before I had to go do something and then never got around to it. I agree with more or less on that one, but I will try to re-listen a couple times.

lol

>Rubber Soul
>The Queen is Dead
You fucking what.

i agree that queen is dead is fucking overrated, but 0.5 really? you did not even like there is a light that never goes out?

They both have like one good song
I have a pleb rating system where 0.5 doesn't equal 1/10 and 3.0 doesn't equal 6/10. TQID is still only a 4/10 at best

My friends get mad at me for liking Gorillaz over Demon Days

was meant for

I legitimately often enjoy the music they play on top 40 radio stations and I feel no guilt or shame about it.

Also, I think Myrkur is taking black metal in a direction it needed to go a very long time ago, but I'll never admit this in public.

>I think Myrkur is taking black metal in a direction it needed to go a very long time ago
lmao

I know, and that's why if anyone ever brings it up in conversation about music, which does happen sometimes, I reply that I'd sooner wipe my ass with my signed Bathory shirt than listen to her.

It's not even the fact that Myrkur is awful (which she is), it's that she's not taking black metal in any direction that it hasn't already been in. Like what post-punk revival is to post-punk, it's redundant and watered down trite.

>Like what post-punk revival is to post-punk, it's redundant and watered down trite.

>what is Interpol

>>what is Interpol
Redundant and watered down.

I haven't been keeping up with 2017 onkyo releases ;_;

>All those tame impala singles 5'd

i bet you think they ripped off joy division lol

>muh postpunkrevival is just powerpop with wannabe-ian curtis vocals

I like k-pop unironically

>what is interpol
little baby listens to the chameleons and joy division once and writes the worst lyrics in the history of music

there are two acceptable answers for best KC album, one of which is ITCOTCK
if you don't think it's Red then fuck you

haha wtf

I feel like a faggoty hipster when i say i hate popular music made past the 90's but it's true
also my modern "taste" consists of videogame soundtracks and random smatterings of metal and orchestral stuff

>If someone tells me they listen to death grips or most Sup Forumscore I secretly tune them out
literally me. even if see someones chart and it has the typical Sup Forumscore albums on it, i'll ignore it because I know they have no idea about music or how to explore and branch out. New alums come out every single day and these underage fucks listen to the same safe shit.

Rainy Day Women #12 & 35 and Obviously 5 Believers are the only songs I don't care for.

I absolutely hate whiny emo bands like Brand New and American Football. I've tried multiple times to 'get it', and I think I do. But they're both unbelievably lame.

TPAB is the only remotely good Kendrick Lamar album.

I will never understand the genuine appreciation people have for meme rap like Lil' Yachty, xxxtentacion, or Future or whatever.

Bob Dylan deserved the Nobel Prize

Despite not liking some of it (Kanye), I think most Sup Forumscore is pretty great and stands above most shitty indie music. Good job guys.

I don't actually know how Spotify works.

Napster > Spotify

>Bob Dylan deserved the Nobel Prize

Fuck you.

I pretty much exclusively listen to bleeps.

Who deserved the Nobel Prize more: Bob Dylan, or Barack Obama?

The fact that the confession threads are always so successful means we're all a bunch of insecure people

mine

Pynchon.

>hating TMR
>thinking it's annoying
k y s ??
How do you figure it's supposed to be annoying?? It's pure fun from start to end

Listen to it when you're heartbroken and depressed. It didn't click for me until I put it on one day while I was fucked up on cough syrup after going through a terrible breakup and letting the loneliness sink in.

who fucking cares about this gay fucking thread. That's my sincere, honest opinion

then why did you bump it lmao

I had no idea what "backpack hip-hop" was until maybe this year, and it looks like the term's been around since 2005.

Most albums are bad compilations of disjointed songs and people who only listen to particular songs they like OR rare albums that work when you listen to it all at once are the real patricians.

I've never gone to a concert in my life.

>dylanfag triggered

I find about 80% of classical to be boring.

The only thing I agree with you on is ELO

Everything else is supremely overrated.

I puked a little.

t. Edgelord

i think scaruffi is an idiot but he's right about beatles and bowie.

I wish I could erase philistinism from the face of Earth.

I only listen to 'rock' music. I don't hate other genres, I just can't get into them.

I think rap is a stupid genre and a stain on black culture.

this

same, just bleeps and industrial, and honestly been doing that for 10 years and I wouldn't have it any other way.

That's not an unpopular opinion, that's why metalheads think they're going against the mainstream.

they are

I unironically like dubstep

nothing to be ashamed of

> fucks who only listen to electronic music
plebs ruining this board