What was his problem?

What was his problem?

he was Rik Mayall

he stopped breathing and then someone put him in a box and buried him

he wanted to be matthew lilard but wasn't based enough

Who was the target audience for Drop Dead Fred?

Middle aged depressed women who also have the sense of humor of a 12 year old boy?

It's such a weird movie. Way too adult for children and way too childish for adults.

Even as a major fan of Rik Mayall, this was hard to watch.

>mfw millennials

the movie was made for kids who's parents weren't uptight faggots like yours.

Why have the main character be an adult woman with relationship issues then?

Is that Bridget Fonda?

Name a more likable actor

I grew up on this film. I have no idea why my grandmother owned it.

because she wasn't the main character, stupid.
lots of shitty movies were(are) about some dumb bitch with relationship problems. but this one had a fucking wack-job bouncing around making an absurd ridiculous joke out of everything.

Your post makes zero sense.

Yes

what child looks at a movie and decides its "too adult" for them?
they don't, kids loved this movie when it came out if they were allowed to watch it, and back then most of them were because their parents didn't give a fuck.

now your stupid parents raised you to think movies have to be boring as fuck without any "bad language" or "adult themes" for them to be "kid friendly"

the first movie I remember watching with my parents was The Thing.

It's not too adult because of bad language of crude humor or anything.
It's too adult because it focuses on an adult women with relationship problems, mommy issues and issues of letting go of her childhood. None of which are remotely relatable or interesting to children.
If it had been about the woman character as a child with an imaginary friend, I'd get it.
As it is, it's just weird.

since your parents raised you to be ignorant, it makes perfect sense that you would assume all children are naturally stupid

What the fuck are you talking about? Are you high, user?

Disney wins again

It's definitely an adult movie. It deals with heavy issues of physical/emotional abuse, attachment problems and letting go of childhood.

>As it is, it's just weird.
How so? The protagonist is a lonely self-loathing mess. It makes sense she tries to escape back into her childhood but she runs into all sorts of issues doing that. And when she thinks shes ready to move on, Fred proves her wrong. Her final obstacle is letting go which is something only adults know how to do even when they dont want to.

People get that
The point is that the film is about a depressed woman with relationship issues but the humor and fantasy elements are decidedly aimed at 13 year old boys

I'd say the film was still successful but it's a weird combination with a very narrow demographic

>it's a drop dead fred thread

>but the humor and fantasy elements are decidedly aimed at 13 year old boys
I don't see that at all.

I recall having a nightmare from this scene

I cried at the end. ;_;

Fred actually Dropped Dead.