bitrate
lack of more 'obscure' albums
shit organisation

>spotify is shit to artists

How exactly?

>paying money to rent low quality music
>most of the money doesn't even go to the artist
>the layout sucks
It's worth having to embedded some album art and fix some tags just to not have to pay for that godawful service.

>paying money to rent low quality music
>>most of the money doesn't even go to the artist
because downloading it through piracy does amirite

No retard, buying physical media and attending shows does.

>bring another theme to the conversation to defend the actual one
Why you fuckers do this?

Bitrate is 320kbps at highest settings
Spotify has a great selection of obscure Avant-garde, obscure Prog-rock, obscure Jazz. They have a huge catalogue of classical recording.
No one cares if Spotify doesn't have your favourite Bandcamp noise album
What do you mean by shit organisation, because they don't let you sort by genres and what not? I agree with that, but in general, if you are looking for something chances are you can find it and find a lot of stuff like it.

Most of the people here who hate Spotify and use this as a reason why are the same people who use Sup Forums share threads and Soulseek.

In terms of accessibility to music, you can't go wrong with Spotify considering how cheap it is and how much you can get for that money. With their use catalogue of music.

>obscure Avant-garde
tmr

because if you're autistic, unemployed and have a lot of free time on your hands, it's difficult to understand the value of a streaming service as opposed to torrenting everything

or more simply because it's popular, although you do get a few people who hate spotify because it doesn't pay much to artists, although I'm not sure entirely how sincere they are

personally I like it. most of my music library is local but it's cool for checking out new music all in one place instead of having to go to rutracker every time I want to hear something new to me. I also like how they can be embedded on websites, just makes it easier to hear something after reading a review about it or something

Distraction, it helps divert the attention off them

tmr is the exception of course and I give you that. But they still have basically all of Beefheart's catalogue and most - if not all of - Zappa's. Besides, if you aren't listening to tmr on vinyl you basically aren't listening to the album because most of the digital mixes are fucking terrible and put Beefheart's vocals too high up in the mix and it washes away the instrumentation.

I have no problem with it, I've been working at Starbucks for 5 years and I get that shit for free.

>because if you're autistic, unemployed and have a lot of free time on your hands, it's difficult to understand the value of a streaming service as opposed to torrenting everything

This, Spotify saved me so much time and money while I was working and sitting on buses for 6 hours a day. When you begin to use Spotify for its (intended) purpose you start to see exactly how worth it really is.

pretty much, people forget that it's a service first and foremost. they focus too much on how they could get the music itself for free elsewhere, when in fact the point is getting the music immediately, conveniently and on any device you own simultaneously

Spotify has some pretty obscure stuff. I've honestly been surprised multiple times at what's on there.

>doing secret santa for radio station
>buy my person a copy of the Blue Monday single
>night of gift exchange
>"hey user! I made you a spotify playlist, but I couldn't send it to you?"
>tell him his gift is still in the post
>keep it for myself

>>I made you a spotify playlist
I don't get it. Was it supposed to be super thoughtful or is this person just saving a few bucks?

was the playlist at least good?

>strictly personal
also
>no this heat
>barely and king crimson
>no comus
>lacking selection of industrial
>barely any japanese artists and even if they're there, it's not the entire discography
>barely any krautrock and even if it's there, it's not the entire discography
It's like they're not even trying.

organisation is so bad

mainly because of how they deal with remasters and reissues or whatever
a lot of the time you cannot listen to the original album only a remaster

they also have an annoying habit of not having the original tracklisting for an album
ive seen albums which have random extra track stuck on the end of the original tracklist

they also seem to have no option for artists to decide the organisation of their own pages or to even correct the mistakes spotify makes
ive heard this from people that have their music on there

I love Spotify but I don't like how they don't have Skrewdriver

if you ever leave the house and arent pretentious enough to pretend to notice the difference between 320 and flac spotify is extremely convenient

>he posts on Sup Forums
>he complains about 320 and flac
>he uses shitty chinese headphones

yeah this kinda thing is fucking annoying. you can edit metadata on apple music and google play which is nice

the real issue here is the record labels. the albums show up tagged how the record labels submit them. legally, I don't think spotify is allowed to change them - when you edit the songs on apple music the new metadata is separate and links back to the original, so I guess they could implement something like that

it's the same thing with artist royalties. people blame spotify, but record labels make plenty of money from them. how that is distributed to the artists is an issue with their contracts with the labels. the music industry is very keen on making sure streaming gets the blame, instead of the labels, so that people go back to buying albums (where again the royalties aren't as big as maybe they should be)

coughhaxedver.cough

It's the same as making a mixtape, minus actually spending money on a CD or cassette. Probably took more thought than just buying a CD and putting it through the post. As long as they put work into it, I don't see why OP would've taken such offense to it.

If you listen to a lot of music and want to keep track of all your artists, it's bad. There is a limit on how many songs you can save. While Spotify was good in the beginning, I quickly ran out of albums to save which meant I had to constantly delete albums to make way for better ones. Coupled with the fact that you don't actually 'own' your music, I just don't see the point anymore. Spotify is very convenient though so i'll give it that. But its so much easier to keep track of your artists if you just download your music, plus it's free.

Now I just use Foobar and Soulseek, planning to get an mp3 player as well with a kick ass DAC.

6 of my top 10 favorite albums are not on spotify

and theyre not super obscure bandcamp shit either, just cool old punk and jazzfusion.

as far as bitrate, I cant tell the difference. usually just listen with apple earpods though, or if im feeling trendy, my old audiotechnicas

It's not a bad service, but the bitrate for albums seems to fluctuate (a lot of stuff isn't true 320kps) and some albums are incomplete with songs missing. Couldn't see a point to paying $5/month when I could get "perfect" FLACs for any album I wanted on RED.

fuck i didnt know any of this stuff

>I could get "perfect" FLACs for any album I wanted on RED.

Redpill me on this, I hate using Soulseek.

yep, spotify if nothing else is good for the consumer. it's not a surprise the music industry has attacked streaming so much, using some of its biggest stars. they're guilting people into thinking they're stealing from artists so they can be convinced to pay more in future

now they seem to be accepting that album sales are never coming back and that this is the best they're going to get as a compromise, so eventually you'll see labels sign exclusive deals with different services (for more money, that artists won't see much of). enjoy this while you can because I think there's a real possibility in the future you'll have to subscribe to multiple services to get the content you now get from one

Spotify's selection is awful if you don't listen to music outside of a surface level.
What are vinyl rips?

I don't have a spotify account so it was useless.

100% logchecked FLACs, meaning, they're ripped directly from CDs and not transcoded from something else (say 320kps).
interviewfor.red/en/index.html

>barely any krautrock and even if it's there, it's not the entire discography
wrong
>lacking selection of industrial
wrong
>barely any japanese artists and even if they're there, it's not the entire discography
wrong

do you even have Spotify you fucking cockhead

spotify sent me an email with a code to get pre-sale tickets for Death Grips which I ordered asap.

so that's pretty great.