Friday night

>Friday night
>No Friday Night Lights thread

Sup Forums really has gone to shit.

Get in here, lads.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t-zvstfeDvU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've seen many films and lot of television shows yet only select few of them make me feel as much as the pilot episode of FNL does.

Also I love how they show us the players in the beginning. 'Drives by' their houses, Saracen, Riggings, etc.

Matt was such a PUSSY

Nah. Him taking care of his demented mother and telling his papi how it is was legit.

The episode where he throws the ball at the street with coach was wonderful. Which one was that?

I actually love this show and I don't care about american football at all. This show wears its heart 100% on its sleeve there is no irony almost no bullshit (infamous s2 plot thread aside) just authenticity and feelings. If you can suspend ur cyncism to get sucked up into this show it will be one of the best experiences of your life.

Being cynical is such a useless attitude, realized this after watching Terrence Malick's films and some other stuff.

Completely agree with you about the show.

b

why did the riggins have a poster of this emo album hanging in their house?

idk, maybe the character liked it

wouldnt take either of them to be an emo listener tbqh

>dat racial tension between smash and riggins in the first episode
glad they dropped that shit

>implying

Friday night here come the crowds
And we're swallowed whole but we breathe alone
In the here and now
All these voices melting down
I shut my eyes and I try to hide
In the here and now

from the lyrics of 'The Here & Now'. Sounds like a fitting song for a character that said the best moments of his life at that point were the games, being in the field, giving it all there and leaving it there.

That's how I remember Tim talking to Luke about his state run.

i guess youre right
youtube.com/watch?v=t-zvstfeDvU

Legit a top 5 show ever made. Patrician, kino, whatever you wanna call it.

No show tugs at those heart strings like FNL.

It's up there in my favorites too. The pilot is one of my favorite things ever filmed including documents, shorts, films etc.

It just pulls my heart strings like you said. Pure feels.

Timmy Riggins entire plot line is like the most emotional shit ever.

Saracen's is probably even more sad.

Yeah. I was so happy that he was finally happy. Which is weird since it has happened like 2-3 during any film/show for me.

Top tier show, surprisingly maintained quality until the end as well. One small complaint is the blatant age switching that goes on throughout it.

I genuinely consider the The Pilot to be amongst the finest first episodes of any show ever made. An actual masterpiece in subtly and direction.

Riggins or Coach, who's the best character?

Tim and it is the one reason I still think that Taylor Kitsch is a very good actor despite having a shit career after FNL.

though I probably chose it because of own bias. I guess when I'm hitting 40 I'll side with coach pick

Oh gosh, I wanna say Riggins but Coach is fantastic.

Coach is exactly how my High school football coach was/is. They sound the same, use the same vernacular, it's amazing. And on top of that, they're both solid guys who do the right thing in the end.

>mfw Coach T didn't fire Mac McGill

BASED

Texas Forever Six.

I still haven't seen it

>You will NEVER EVER watch the pilot of FNL for the first time ever again

Fuck I'm so jealous of (You)

Watch it, you won't regret it.

i think the one where street and rigs go to new york

hundred percent. I love this show, and I actually can't watch it without getting completely sucked in again.

>png
suicide yourself

>
make me

You know that's not what it's used for, right? Shit you are doing the equal of transcoding a 128kbps rip to 'lossless'

its pretty fucking retarded

ctrl-shift-F4'd on netflix

I couldn't be putting less effort into it

What was the season 2 plot again

Laundromat kills a dude and then there's this whole thing about it and then it gets forgotten

Writers strike was a dark time for American films and shows

BTW, there's crisp 1080p Amazon rips of FNL gloating around now. If anyone wants to archive it in the best quality available.

How does it compare to the movie?

better

in my opinion

It's about 500x better than the movie in all departments.

Which is unfair because it has more time than a movie. Watch it tho.

I'm gonna watch the first episode, the movie is one of my favorites

Sorry I don't watch Chad shows, besides I never went to high school football ball game, and I live in Texas.

can a patrician weigh in on this show and tell me if it's actually good? I've heard season 2 is trash.

I don't watch a lot of tv so I need something really great to keep going. Fave shows include The Leftovers, The Wire, My So-Called Life, etc

Do your parents know that you're gay?

Have fun.

Make up your own opinion, idiot.

Oh yeah they found my naked GI Joe doll I used to sleep with when I was a kid under my bed. Plus I have a dead boyfriend. Pic related

Every other season is either 4.5 or 5 stars. Take that as you will, and I've seen a shit load of TV from Wire to Twilight Zone to Homicide to Southland.

Not him, but Southland is top3 show for me.

Goddamn the ending was just all sorts of sad

just watched the pilot for the first time, and i thought the way the star qb's injury was set up perfectly. It allowed for the audience to have a double dose of the feels because you're bummed out for the injured qb, but at the same time you've got happy feels for the back up qb
kino

Not even close... Coach is the best character followed by Saracen...

I think the word you are looking for is bittersweet

Thanks brah. I will start it sometime soon. Not pumped to endure 2 though.

even though 2 isn't as strong as the others as a whole, it still has it's moments so it's not too hard to get through

Season 2 is a 3.0 star in comparison. It's not that bad, there's just a lot of meh bullshit on the side. It's also when you'll realise that Lyla Garrity is the worst character on the entire show (in case it wasn't hammered home hard enough in season 1).

But there's good things about season 2. Like I remember the Santiago/Buddy arc being briddy gud.

who /lifelonglionsfan/ here?

it's actually monday senpai desu

tyra best wife

>It's a Landry gets cucked episode(s)

so every episode?

poor lance

>implying this is an excuse for not having FNL threads on Fridays

It's funny how Tyra and Julie's roles swapped and mirrored each other towards the end.

Tyra started off kinda trashy, content to skate by on her looks. Then she started to gain self-esteem and worked her ass off to get into college thanks to the encouragement of Tami, now being the first in her family to escape the family cycle of being a trophy girlfriend/stripper/prostitute.

Julie was introduced as your typical high achiever. But then she started to just skate by on that, and then for poor self-esteem and/or being a dumb rebellious kid began to really depend on who she was with sexually to fulfill her identity.

yeah the writers kinda fucked around with julie's character and gave her a couple of bad seasons.

too bad, best girl

Floating in my top 5 also. I'll watch anything Shawn Hatosy is attached to just because of it.

NP, enjoy it. S2 isn't like Dexter S8 bad, or anything. It's like... Hmm. A decent season, 3/5 like the other user said. People shit on it because in comparison to every other season it looks 100x worse but on its own it definitely watchable.

Not him but should I watch the movie?

Movie is absolutely fantastic. It's just that it gets BTFO by the tv series in every possible way.

bamp

he got the best girl

true

julie was a spoiled ho

>true best girl coming through

Something was really off about her body.

wasnt there some episode where she was trying to sell lollipops at school half naked or am i thinking of 90210

Yeah, they didn't let her show enough of it

he's our guy m8

I don't remember that in FNL

Honestly it's probably he height.

Thanks for the heads up. I just watch it on Netflix since you can only get like 480p otherwise.

I think you're right. She has a really long body.

It's coming off Netflix on the 23rd I believe. Bummer. Wish they did another movie with Chandler.

I remember listening to Devil Town the night before playing (and winning) in a state championship. This is one of those shows that people who grew up in small towns can really relate to