Since it has woken up it has been stabbed, shot, dissected

>since it has woken up it has been stabbed, shot, dissected
>has leaked pieces of itself everywhere
>every skin cell, every hair, drops of saliva, all capable of infecting
>perfectly preserved, just waiting to be thawed out and come into contact with a person
>most of the large things were blown up or superficially burned, leaving active cells
>all it takes is one cell
>the only way we'd have a chance would be sustained nuclear bombardment of that area
>governments won't because there's no immediate threat
>investigation of the burned camps/craft are inevitable

It's only a matter of time before it takes everything over.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!75AjlKLJ!5eq8e2xX8UlzogiwDnNIuA
outpost31.com/index2.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Come to us, user:

That one's nearly dead, my man, and if it livens up again it'll hit the bump limit in no time. Link them here.

Mac could end it.

>implying he wasn't already infected by the end of the film

It's not THAT infectious.

looks painful

>when you realize that all those horrible parts of the thing are parts of creatures it has immitated in a timespan of millions of years.

Literally a single thing cell can and will take over any organism it invades. There's no defence because thing cells would just engulf the competition and adapt.

It clearly doesn't actually work like that. Perhaps sometimes a lonely cell will get discovered by anitbodies or something. Even Blair's simulation estimates the possibility of infection as something like 70%. Otherwise an infected could just fart in a room while they're all standing around something and the movie would be over.

I wanted to post this in the other thread but it seemed dead so If anyone is interested here are the scripts to a cancelled "The Thing" miniseries that was going to air on the Sci-Fi Network. The only things we have of it are these scripts and a few pieces of concept art. Frank Darabont was set to produce.

mega.nz/#F!75AjlKLJ!5eq8e2xX8UlzogiwDnNIuA

Months after the film, Soviets uncover Outpost 31 and find samples of The Thing along board the alien spacecraft. After a horrible attempt to weaponize it they lock it up. 23 years later, rebels uncover it thinking it is smallpox and plan to release it in America. The plane crashes near an isolated town in New Mexico leading to the small town of 100 people becoming victim to The Thing.

Life as a thing must be pretty painful, because as well as everything trying to burn you, most animals have pain receptors so mutations must be unbearable.

It was a 70% chance that one or more of the crew were infected at that time, not a 70% chance that a cell could take someone over, doofus.

>It was a 70% chance that one or more of the crew were infected at that time
Yeah, and like half of them visibly interacted with the dog.

Hell, Clark pet the dog, let it lick his hand and he was clean.

It's not that infectious because, again, then the movie would be pointless.

I've always wondered, do the transformed even know they're things? I mean, they obviously have all the memories and thoughts of the humans they were. That always fascinated me.

I read about this the other day when I was looking for an alleged alternate ending to the prequel where the thing made it to the mainland.
I didn't find that ending, but I found this site outpost31.com/index2.html
There's some early draft scripts for the original and the prequel as well as a breakdown of the episodes of the proposed series.
I thought it sounded good initially, but the thing being able to consume and copy something in seconds cheapens it.

>implying he wasn't slowly being assimilated from the inside out

I heard there was an alternate ending for the 1982 film where Macready is in a hospital and get's tested proving he is human. They shot it for test audiences but never planned to release it.

post the artwork
the link won't work for me

The link has the scripts but I might as well dumb the concept art. If you want the scripts go to that website

>dumb
Dump* oops

h-he wasn't

That game was ok.

Oh shit dump the rest if you have it. The Thing concept art is the best. Sucks that game was never made

And that's all the concept art for the show. Funny enough when I posted this concept art a few days ago on a Thing thread on /vp/ of all places someone told me the art was horrendous because the anatomy was fucked up.

what if they made a movie like apocalypto except it was an origin story of the thing organism taking over another alien planet and eventually the highest organisms and learning how to make a spaceship and spread itself

>There’s one truly unsettling moment when a character goes to fry himself an egg and when he drops it into a sizzling flying pan the egg squeals and leaps out – and then things get really crazy when the egg starts shapeshifting and attacking him.

>the thing
>anatomy
please tell me you promptly ridiculed that faggot for his stupidity.

Oh course I did
You know what fuck it I found all the concept art. Let's dump some more

Implying Godzilla wouldn't rape the thing once he fucks around in his territory.

Thanks for the dump, user.

What was the game about? Looks like a world of Things.

No problem bud. Love shit like this and love spreading it even more

They already released the first game in 2002 for the Xbox,Ps2,and PC. It was a standard survival horror game. Lots of people enjoyed it and others found it mediocre. Not much is known about the sequel since the studio went bankrupt during pre production. If you could find the first game it's worth a play through though it's controls are kind of janky

Forgot to say the plot oops. The story focuses on Captain Blake, a member of a U.S. Special Forces team sent to the Antarctic outpost featured in the film to determine what has happened to the research team.

you're a big guy

For them

Not the thing, but it's a similar creature from another film. Made by the same guys who did the (unused) practical effects for the prequel.

Why doesn't the thing just eat beans a lot and fart everywhere?

That is one fucking ugly drider. Holy shit.

Childs wasn't the thing.

Play all Dead Space games to live The Thing.

The third one even has an ice planet and the soundtrack sounds just like The Thing.

Somehow, even Carpenter liked the games.

Harbinger Down was pretty bad honestly. The effects looked cool but the writing and acting was shit tier. Impressed with what they did with their low budget

I'd fook 'er.

These ones are a little too videogame-y, but the others are awesome

tfw no replies

>Somehow
Carpenter is a bro
he doesn't take himself seriously and this let's him actually enjoy things

Molecules aren't cells, user.

>Somehow, even Carpenter liked the games.
Why wouldn't he? He's not a curmudgeon
Well it was a videogame. If they didn't do any weird enemies where would the fun be?

It sounds like a bad idea. The whole point of the Thing is bringing extreme shocking body horror in an otherwise recognisably normal human setting. Nobody can relate to a bunch of disposable prehistoric spearchuckers.

If that were the case then the wolf's dander would have infected everyone within the first fucking hour.

And that's it folks. Make sure to like and subscribe
it doesn't deserve replies

Yes, it is, so.

When you deeply study the film (and even its prequel, Fuck You I Liked It), and especially the various Things that really scatter all over the place, the clearer it becomes that it is only a matter of a few years before Earth is fucked. The site(s) will be investigated, forensic investigation will take place. And the cells are all comfy and intact and frozen, scattered all about the campsite. And in the course of their investigation, the poor saps to come will be led to discover those very cells, on some husk, or in some bit of discolored ice, somewhere. Just as Mac's camp and the prequel camp are both obliged to chase what turns out to be their own doom. Because someone can't leave well enough alone.

Russell's character made it clear from the beginning that he was willing to sacrifice himself to make sure the alien didn't reach the rest of earth. In the end, he decides to simply sit around and die rather than use his final moments to eliminate the alien or possibility of himself being infected - this confirms that the alien has indeed possessed him, and simultaneously illustrates the true nature of the 'human spirit', the willingness to sacrifice oneself for the greater good.

They just look like generic videogame mutants with predictable powers, whereas the others look like actual creatures from The Thing.

not spearchuckers i said the thing would have to eventually kill the most intelligent beings on the planet to obtain space ships

There is a short story that is basically the movie through the things perspective. Google it. the story sheds light on that.

stop fucking posting these you autist, no one gives a shit

Still sounds like some retarded Alien vs Predator shit

fuck you cunt

Well the Dog-Thing in the first movie shot out gunk to infect others so maybe acid isn't so farfetched

DELETE THIS

Fart some blood?

What's up with all the thing threads? Did it get on Netfilx or something?

What's the big deal?
Just track with satellites the location of:
1) the alien ship
2) the Norwegian camp
3) the American camp
4) the most likely path the husky dog took when going from the Norwegian to the American camp
Then send a fleet of B-52 bombers armed with hydrogen bombs and glass the entire area from the stratosphere.
Just make sure to warn the Soviet Union that there's an alien threat that needs to be dealt with.

The dog-thing is horrifying - the concept art design looks like a rejected Chaos monster from Warhammer 40k or something. The point is that those two enemies clearly only exist to do contrived videogame things, whereas the other designs look organic and naturally horrifying but also serve a strategic purpose in the game.

The big Three sites: American camp, Norwegian Camp, Alien crash site. But there's a new crash site as well!

the well-hated Griggsy transformation gave rise to a new crash site, which is never explored or elaborated upon in any detail. Off behind some mountains, presumably south of the Norwegian camp, due to the topography of the site as depicted in both film (butted up against a mountain range). The chopper disappears off behind a shallower part of the range. Scratch one American helicopter that has to be accounted for, complete with even more curious-looking fresh Thing tissue.

This just looks like Parasite Eve

woah stranger things monster

Totally forgot that game existed. Wasn't the third game released on the PSP with all the characters renamed or some shit?

However, where the original story is concerned, you're onto something.

In the original story, they have Mac's blood test scene, eliminating /fourteen/ team members. And each time one of them starts to turn, the others in the group /pull that Thing apart with their bare hands/, and survive. This wouldn't fly in the Lancaster/Carpenter vision, so we have a difference between text and adaptation.

A detailed comparison of short story and Carpenter picture is available here.

Goddamn it, I enjoyed the first game to an extent, these concept look like a solid improvement... I know concept art always looks good/better, but still, I'm sad it got canned.

The prequel monster is completely different from original one.

Oh man, fuck those games.
I am terribly paranoid of vents and even slight noises whenever I play vidya, I suppose I'm better for it though.
Relentlessly grim and unforgiving, the ultimate horror game.
These fucking dividers were just like the guy from the prequel where his limbs separate and run around, and the noises they made were even worse.

>recommending dead space 3

Something like that, not sure what possessed them to bring the series back years later just to take a long runny shit on the franchise.

i was rooting for this so hard and then it was basically a student filmmaking level of production. bad script, bad acting, looks cheap, awkward directing & editing. it's the modern day equivalent of the kinds of movies featured on best of the worst

There's a Half Life 1 mod that's based on Apocalypse Now, Resident Evil, and The Thing.

Do I want to watch the sequel?

Dead Space is overrated as fuck. Slow pace, awful game mechanics, regurgitated space horror plot, mc had the charisma of a wooden stick, etc.

I love alien shit, but it wouldn't work as a feature film, maybe an anime type thing or a comic book of it might.

>sequel?
It's a prequel mate. It's worth at least a watch

Then it all melts, a particle is missed, and it grabs a fish. Whoops! :^)

Using Antarctica as a long-term solution is also done in another great 50s film that got an even better 80's remake: The Blob. At the end of the original film, they drop the frozen Blob off in Antarctica, when a very cheezy THE END ....? ending card pops up. Aaaand roll credits.

In either case, God Save Us if Antarctica should ever melt.

Dead Space 3 is the black sheep of the series because of fuck-all.

The story was the most fleshed out, the most meaningful, and had very good character interaction and drama. The horror wasn't consistent throughout, but that's to be expected since this is Isaac's third outing with the Necromorphs, so he's less shocked by it (but moments do still tend to end up being pretty scary, like when you're in the basement with the things that can hear you if you're loud).

The weapon crafting was a properly executed idea, and the length of the game was surprisingly long.

It is way underrated.

>sequel
prequel
its not terrible but it isnt great either
the cast is a bunch of literal whos(yes even MEW)
the practical creature effects were replaced with cgi ones in post

the biggest flaw is that it really is just the first movie with nearly identical story beats and a new cast

Teach me the power of autism, user.

In the sense that the original monster is that depicted in the short story "Who Goes There?", you are largely right. However, in the sense of comparing the 1982 creature with the 2011 creature to the exclusion of other considerations, your claim stretches credulity, possibly to its breaking point.

Please feel free to give detailed points as to why you feel the 2011 creature is significantly, much less (more?) "completely" different to that depicted in 1982.

Line gun/force gun ultimate combo.

Three games yet I can't name a single character other than Isaac. They should have made a prequel to Dead Space before and as shit is popping off. Have a slow build up and escalation of the outbreak. Introduce characters people actually care about or hate, trust or mistrust them then kill them all in some horrible body explosion/space death.

Dead Space lacked the character, mystery and paranoia to honestly be compared to The Thing.

There is absolutely no way a single cell can survive carpet nuclear bombing with hydrogen bombs. Anything within a 300 miles radius will be reduced to particles. The thing's cells are very resilient, but not indestructible.

>not liking an awful game franchise = autism!
because fuck logic, amirite?

>the ones that won't die

Almost got anxiety from these fucks...

It has a couple of neat ideas, and MEW is a qt, but it's not really worth it. It's the same story as the first one despite being a prequel, so the mystery and shock value is completely missing
Also for some retarded reason they replaced the physical effects with cgi, despite having the physical puppets and such all ready to go, and the alien looks really tacky as a result.