Post underrated tv shows itt. I'll start:penny dreadful. Good show and essential /evacore/

Post underrated tv shows itt. I'll start:penny dreadful. Good show and essential /evacore/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_intelligence
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No critically underrated, but no one I know watches it and it's literally the funniest thing on television.

Penny Dreadful's third season makes the entire thing shit, no matter how good the first two were.

Also extremely underrated.

>Penny dreadful
>Good show

Not after how the show went to shit after the first good season user.

Season 2 is some of the best television I've ever seen

God damn I can't find anyone who knows about this

Occupied

Is that the show with the titty dress queen?

This probably marked the end of MTV being relevant

It can't get away from its source material. Basically a soap opera with a budget and a good director.

I really liked it, both seasons. The movie wasn't good, but it was more that it completely misunderstood most of the characters and the setting/its rules.

I much preferred Daria and Downtown.

Possibly the most underrated show around. It has direction, complex characters, realistic yet gripping dialogue. It's easy to relate to the characters, and they constantly develop.

Not sure why the ratings are so low.

They're airing this on the MTV Classic cable channel if you're in Burgerland. Great show.

It played in Canada along side all those sort of first-wave 'adult' cartoons, people of a certain age usually know about it, but it obviously didn't last long.

Clone High was the fucking best. I would be more bummed it couldn't have lasted longer if the creators hadn't gone on to such big things though.

>Not sure why the ratings are so low.

Cause plebs user.

Huh? That photo is from the Veep. What show did you think it was?

My So Called Comfy Life

I kinda agree, directing, photography and -oh God- costumes were some of the best I've ever seen on TV.
Really well done that push people away because its source material I think (never read the books)

It ended cause of Indians striking outside the main office cause of Ghandi

The only objectively correct answer coming through.

Ballers ofr me. Rock is the ultimate alph and is hilarious on the show, and the guy from the daily show also brings the bantz

First season ended in such a garbage way I didn't even watch the second season, and I was honestly surprised it got picked up for a third.

>Cause plebs user.

But like, why do the plebs not like it? The plebs like boring shlock that goes nowhere, the boring social realism where the characters stay the same forever and the plot never progresses. Surely they would love a series that does none of that? Surely they like the social realism but hate the fact that those shows go nowhere?

Shit, HCF is like Silicon Valley but without the reddit.

If anyone lives in Canada I suggest Corner Gas. 9.7/10 on the comfy scale

S1 sets shit up pretty well. What didn't you like about the ending anyway?

>le sophisticated negro doctor

Nah, HCF is objectively good and underrated.

The Knick's amazing, and it's incredible how good it's soundtrack is.

Burning all the Giants in the shipping truck for no reason.

Rookie mistake. Second season they actually give Donna and Cameron meaningful roles and the tech talk gets more accurate.

I tried to like Penny Dreadful, first season was alright.

But halfway through the second I had to stop. Really pissed off that I wasted all that time on a series which came to nothing for me. In better hands and slightly reworked characters it could have been a massive success.

It's like you didn't even see how the last scene he was in had him being KTFO'd by the redpilled doctor who called him a 'stupid nigger' and then went off to Germany to give lectures on eugenics.

If you can't appreciate Ben Mendelsohn and Kyle Chandler doing things in Florida and being FAMILY you got to be a fag

I really like the setting and pretty much everything else about this thing, the first season is amazing

T Y R A N T

I'm surprised it even got a S3

>for no reason
Yeah ok, maybe you should stick to GoT. Would you have preferred a scene where Joe fucks a prostitute and says "this machine wasn't the world changing legacy I wanted it to be and Cameron was right" followed by CGI dragons and hours of speeches from Joe spelling out exactly what his motivations are?

I mean, they could do that but S1 would have become 4-5 seasons if they did that for every character like they do in GoT.

One of Jeremy Iron's best performances completely.

People don't like complex characters that they can't put into a box. The only reason BrBa did as well as it did in terms of popularity is that there was violence.

The only thing that puzzles me is how Mad Men became popular with plebs. Probably because early Don Draper is a male fantasy.

It's a boring show.

What is ROME?

>not understanding Joe's unpredictability and progression from sleezy salesman to visionary
>also his feeling like he betrayed Cameron

He'd waffled back and forth about the Giant and its vision, by the time the unit was ready to be shipped he'd had no less than three meltdowns and bitchfits. The burning of all product made no sense, it was just Joe being an entitled cunt yet again before he goes off on another walkabout like when he left GE. It was just him burning bridges, but without even the excuse of rebelling against Daddy this time.

Second season of Rome makes me cry, they rushed it so hard.

>waa i forgot to take my ritalin

the tell tale sign of any common pleb

The only good scene in the entire show is when Joe goes out onto the lawn in the storm with the flashlights. That's it.

>It has direction, complex characters, realistic yet gripping dialogue. It's easy to relate to the characters, and they constantly develop.
Probably because it doesn't have a wall and blue eyed monsters.

the worst tv show I ever watched and I did watch quite a few

Since you're a fucking idiot I'll spell it out for you with spoilers since you already ruined things a bit for the people ITT who might have watched this masterpiece.

Without realising it, Joe wants to change the world. In S1 he's that guy who knows how to present himself as confident and organised, but beneath it all he's a mess. He doesn't know what he wants, Cameron and Gordon that inspires him. He wants to lead people, but at the same time, he doesn't have the vision they do. He can't create anything, he doesn't know how, all he knows is how to manipulate people and take advantage of them. This project was his opportunity to change the world and feel like he was for once, creating something, but in the end, the Giant was just another fast computer, a boring machine for businessmen. He hated what the Giant became. Thus, he burned the truck, having given up, as people told him before "You don't know how to create anything, all you can do is destroy". In the end, Joe hates himself, and despite how he presents himself, he's out of control.

Truly Soderbergh's top 3 directorial efforts. 20 episodes of his auteurism.

Fucking INSANE.

Great show, got to agree

Bloodline is probably my favourite of Netflix's original dramas. The entire family really do deliver some amazing performances.

Friday Night Lights
The Last Ship
The O.C.
the Strain

Wait, why do you keep calling Don Draper by the name Joe McMillan? Why do you keep calling Peggy by the name Cameron? It's like you've never even watched Madmen yet still somehow guessed the plot!

I don't care about the characters, I can't relate to any of them, and none of them remind me of anyone I know. They're poorly written cardboard American drama characters, why would I care about anything that happens to any of them?

The setting is boring as shit too.

Nice bait.

Oh you so you are 14

Leave the board and come back in 5 - 8 years, you seem to be a bit of a late starter

>They're poorly written cardboard American drama characters,
Pretty much this. When I watched Bloodlines I was experiencing some sort of 'uncanny valley' effect with regards to its characters.

Like I had seen it before but not quite.

Didn't care.

>It was just him burning bridges
That's what he does. Holy fuck, not everything he does is supposed to be a logical calculated decision, not all humans are like that. The irrational destruction is part of Joe's fucking character you moron. He's out of control, that's the fucking point, he's a narcissistic sociopath, not the edgy kind of """psycho""" from your favorite anime, but the genuine sociopath you find running companies.

I know people like Joe, they're all in control one minute, then when things aren't going their way they fuck shit up. They're charming, talkative, smile a lot, get laid twice a week with 3 different girls and beneath it all, they're suicidal and aggressive.

Joe is a complex character, but if you can't understand his actions, read up on anti-social behaviour disorder, that's what the writers were going for, whether they realise it or not,

Another underrated show she was in. It was competing with game of thrones when they both started so it went nowhere. But it was pretty good. Not that it needs to be stated, but she gets her tits out in it as well.

I'm a 22 year old from a broken family, I should be all over this show. I'm not, it's just a boring show. This is the problem with shows like Bloodlines, they pretend to be complex and have interesting characters, but at the end of the day it's just another boring American drama with boring characters that don't develop throughout the series. It's going to be one of those shows that meanders around going nowhere while people like you call it amazing.

Without a doubt The Knick. Most underrated show ever.

>from a broken family

so you are in fact a pleb

why don't you go tell your therapist about this kid, we hardly care

What are you even talking about? I must have missed the "world changing" ideas Peggy had. From where I was sitting Peggy just wanted power. The whole show was about advertising, nobody in the office wanted to create anything.

Joe & Cameon had a completely different dynamic throughout the series ya dunce.

Joe's not a narcissist. He just doesn't know how to handle a genuine connection with anyone. He doesn't believe he's a visionary god (for evidence see latest ep). He doesn't believe he did everything right with Cameron (part of the reason he burns the giant is because he knows he betrayed her).

He's values his relationships, but doesn't know how to handle them. He assumes things he does will not upset people as much as they do, and then he perceives that as a personal attack on him so he goes full, "Fuck you," and then later realizes that he fucked up.

My point was that I should be all over the family theme. You were the one who brought up age, I assumed that you were implying that one would require life experience to appreciate the show. Clearly you're just trying to establish a "masterrace" / "pleb" dichotomy, which I should have expected from Sup Forums

>"lol kid u need to grow up b4 u can see how gud this is, only us grown ups can see it"
>"I'm an adult, and I've been through some shit that should make this series hit close to home"
>"lol ur a pleb"

Tell me more about this superior show for super mature grown up adults.

>parents get a divorce
>kid becomes a moron pleb that gets ultra triggered any time someone says the word "family"

every time

Whether or not Joe is a narcissist is debatable, but the main point I was trying to make is that Joe does bhave irrationally.

tl;dr if you don't understand why Joe burned the truck, either you weren't paying attention or character driven kino probably isn't for you.

The only thing holding this back is the title.

>but the main point I was trying to make is that Joe does bhave irrationally

Oh yeah, definitely. I mean he's a human being. I'm not the guy you were originally arguing with btw, I'm the one that originally posted HCF.

The title is SO fucking stupid. My girlfriend had do damn near strap me down to get me to watch it because of the title, but the show's great.

Not really underrated since anyone who has ever watched it swears by it as one of the greatest television series ever made, but any user who has not seen this 7-part miniseries about the Iraq war should stop whatever the fuck he's doing and watch it.
Plus, it's a show that you can probably watch 30 times and still enjoy it since you discover new things every single time you watch it. It's so dense, every single frame has so much going on. I rewatched it at least 10 times in my life.

>kid
>moron
>pleb
>triggered

Well, you did throw out the most buzzword ad hominems, so you automatically win this argument. I concede that Bloodlines is objectively good and obviously anyone who doesn't like it is a """pleb"""

>girlfriend

Ben Mendelsohn is one of my favorite actors of all time. Great show.

Good on you for admitting you lost the argument, maybe you have at least some potential to grow as a person and become more than the pitiful wreck you are now.

>My girlfriend
The target audience of the show?

It's underrated as fuck because you can't convince anyone to watch it. Once people hear army they immediately think "oh boy, another stupid action series, I bet user still plays Call of Duty", then you tell the autists and they don't want to watch it because they're too busy jacking off to GoT.

Halt and Catch Fire has a great soundtrack, especially the intro.

There's a little bit of soap, but plenty of good comedy and action. It maybe leans a little feminine, but just a bit.

>It's underrated as fuck because you can't convince anyone to watch it.
Yeah, I feel that. I couldn't even convince people to watch it after they professed to me their incredible love for BoB.

>either you weren't paying attention or character driven kino probably isn't for you.
Or contrived plots with utterly unsympathetic main characters is not your thing.

I'm not even sure what the fuck it is about the show that turns people off so much, the explanation I had can't account for all of it. Is it the name? Does "Generation Kill" sound like some dumb action movie? Does it sound too much like "Generation X" and make people think it's about teenager super-soldiers?

Last season was a shit if you are an Eva fan. First 2 seasons were got

>unsympathetic main characters

user you actually have to have a decent EQ before you can declare someone unsympathetic.

>decent EQ
Huh?

I'm late 20's and most of the people I know watched it at some point. Maybe the younger crowd doesn't care as much because they were kids when the Iraq war was in full swing.

>utterly unsympathetic main characters
You may find Joe unsympathetic, but that's fine, you're not supposed to like him, I hated him. That's how the rest of the characters feel. He's the antagonist really.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_intelligence

Black Mirror

Why not just say empathy?

>Kids in highschool are too young to remember the invasion
>They were too young to remember watching the first live televised invasion of a sovereign country
>They don't remember watching 9/11 live on TV
>They don't remember the insane reactions
>They don't remember George Bush being the most hated president in living memory
>They don't remember freedom fries

Holy fuck I feel old.

EQ is a measure of how well you're able to empathize, not empathy itself.

because empathy is different. Empathy is your ability to feel how other people feel. EQ is the ability to understand it. Think of it this way, a sociopath can have a high EQ.

Then just say how much empathy a person has.

Do you wanna go "blue curtains" on my diction now?

Bates Motel, I've literally not heard or seen anyone talk about it ever

it's way way way up there though, so good

>mfw I just realized Quentin Tarantino is sociopath with high EQ

It makes so much sense now

>Quentin Tarantino
>High EQ
Nah dude, Tarantino is an autist who figured out small talk, the small talk is the only thing that fools you into thinking the characters resemble humans.