Do you guys still play any Halo games?

Do you guys still play any Halo games?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DTlLJIO01sA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just played some halo 3

I always play halo

Used to love custom games on Halo 3, it's sad that the community died out. ODST was the best imo

Pic related, most comfy game map on the 360

I kept telling myself that Halo 4 was good.
But in reality it killed off my interest in Halo.

Haven't played it for years but I miss it alot.

Yes, I beat halo 2, 3, and ODST. Bungie used to be GOAT.

Yea man like duckhunt fat kid omega journey BRING BACK HALO 3

That nostalgia

Only when they come out for campaign. 5 ruined PvP.

I miss 3, literally the best time spent, banter spoken, ass kicked. I wish it were 2010 again.

5 was actually surprisingly good. The story was kinda shit, but the multiplayer is on point. Give it a shot if you haven't.

Who battle rifle xX4LYFEXx here?

I rushed through it. It was kinda forgettable for me.

Best part was when you visit the Sangheili home planet. I've read some halo books so it was a nice surprise.

Spotted the 341 Studios employee.

I play Halo 3 occasionally. I love it

I don't think the community died out as much as it became a toxic cesspool Full of bitching and whining about either classic Halo or 343 Halo. It's quite sad what it's come to and that all the negativity overshadows actual criticism and positivity.

Foundry zombie gametyoe was jesus.

Agreed.

There's literally something wrong with almost every single aspect of 5. The story is among the worst parts about it and I hated playing through such shitty and boring writing and (mostly) disappointing environments

Reach.

all about that lore.

And short. Like super fucking short. 2.25 hour game on Legendary.

Yes, and also holding on to the slightest hope 343 will fix the servers for the MCC

Halo PC is a blast. Still hop on Halo 3 and Reach every now and then to check the population and see if I can get in a game.

Bungie gave me recon personally long before Halo ODST was conceived for my influence in the community and screenshots; I was eventually recruited to moderate their website. It was a great time in my life but gaming has been behind me for a long time.

Reach and ODST are the best halos..

Absolutely one of the greatest games ever. Such a good campaign and solid all around.

Halo sucks

>ODST was the best
sick troll

your mother too, literally

Still love Halo more than anything. Still read the books and comics. Halo 5 campaign was trash, multi-player is good but broken. Time-to-kill and pace needs to be lowered significantly.

That being said I still bounce around between all the Hale's still, minus Halo 4 except for its campaign. Multi-player isn't terrible, but 5's multi-player is more or less 4 but improved

Still my favorite game franchise to this day.

Everything went downhill after ODST tho

last time I played Halo, 360 was the latest system

combat evolved, nigger
hell yeah

And you are?

>343 community service will never be this good

RIP Noble 6. You were valiant and honorable to the very end against impossible odds.

Music, Atmosphere, Characters

Halo trilogy will always be incredible but ODST was amazing. The only hate i can think of was the price at the time of release.

Halo CE and Reach, both have good multiplayer, and I always come back to play them

just finished playing that arma 3 halo mod dont know if that counts but now im boutta hit up some fucking halo wars 2 my guy

This.

It's the involvement of the creators within the community that encouraged players to engage so deeply. To the point where they even mention you by name. 2008 was nearly a decade ago but the memories still bring me a smile

I miss the flood

Kekked hard

Halo 4 ruined the series for me. And I haven't gotten an XBone yet, and might not at all, so the chances of my even trying 5 are slim to none.

Halo5 butchered the franchise, it is dead to me. Because everything. Literally everything about that game. To each their own I get why some people like it, but myself personally I hated it so bad I actually took the disk out and broke it. Running around with a squad, everyone has jetpacks, half the game you're not even the Chief! Storyline is terrible and repetitive as could be, they didn't bring the flood back and replacing them with forerunner shit is most of what I don't like about 4. To top it all off the whole thing is basically a love story about how Chief will go to any lengths to save Cortana because he loves her and she's more than just an AI blah blah blah. Hated it.

4 was shit imo, also played 5. Somehow they fucked it up even worse, thank god for Master Chief Collection. Shit is cash to play every once in a while. Also surprised nobody's talked about the Master Chief Collection.

Loved all the Halo games. I owned every single one at some point, including CE and 2 on PC. I think Halo 1 and Halo reach were by far my favorites. I agree that 4 and 5 are kinda slipping up, especially 5 with it's misguiding commercials and getting rid of loadouts in multiplayer. But I will always continue to play the game to the end no matter what

This is mostly just nostalgic for me but Halo used to be where I met most of my friends on Xbox Live.

We would try our hearts out to get mongoose splatters in TDM and would make what we called 'Goosetages' and post them to YouTube. Never really got a huge following but, man, that was probably the most fun I ever had. I miss the old days where online gaming was new and fun. Bungie was the best at making an online game fun. Halo 3 had the perfect recipe for a downright fun game.

idk man this shit was one of the best times I ever had and its cool to see that others still remember them good ol days

You guys are killing me, old Bungie is what got me into gaming so much period. I miss those times where games felt fresh and fun and so was the community. Everything was so exciting and the devs did everything they could to make you want to play their game because they loved it, it was like they were working FOR YOU. God I wish I could go back and relive the launch of Halo 3 and Reach.

Everything has gotten so toxic now, I guess we all saw it coming, but damn it hurts still. Games have become more of a depression facilitator now. It's having the opposite effect on people than it used to.

This.

At least 4 had a somewhat comprehensible story

Same with me, probably the peak fun I've ever had in gaming. Had a group of xbox live friends and would play Halo 3 (mainly custom games), Left 4 Dead 2 and a couple other games as well. Probably most fun I've had in gaming

Halo died with reach

Halo 4 definitely killed a lot of my enthusiam. But halo 5's multiplayer saved it for me. Although I say this as I prefer to play the master chief collection instead of it.

excuse me for my improper English.

Where were you when Halo died?

I was sitting at home drinking Merlot when Dylan called me.

He says, "Halo is dead."

And I respond, "No."

And you guys????????

I think Halo is a pretty cool guy.
eh kills aliens and doesn't afraid of anything

well spake, faget

You're not alone brother.

File sharing, custom games, bungie favorites, matching where everybody had a mic, forums and private groups, devs involvement. The list goes on. Amazing memories, never a dull moment. I consider this the golden era of online gaming

Guis, Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

Does Halo RP on Gmod Count?

>ywn have this again

No. Fuck off.

Yeah. I modded Halo CE way back when. Now I play Reach and ODST with friends. Apparently there's a Russian only Halo that's multiplayer and it's good. But I don't have it.

>Halo thread
>not one mention of Halo 2 Xbox Live glory days
Objectively the best fps multiplayer to ever come to console

Why would you break a game? If you don't like it, bring it to a used game store and get something else you fucking faggot.

Big big halo fan
user rank scale: highest to low
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo ce
Halo odst
Halo reach
Halo wars
Halowars2
Gears of war judgement
Halo 4
Halo5

Ive played halo since it was on xbox original.
Halo 2 was holy to me.
The time i spent on halo 3 custom games alone helped me get through highschool.

It really was magical.

I promised myself is halo 4 was good id decide between a xboxone and a ps4.

Long live sony......

Im thinking about a 1 as a purpose built halo machine......but im not sure if i should let it go

Also luke smith needs to out a bullet in his skull.

Absolute betrayal of all of the people that played halo since 01.

Does anyone think destiny would of been HALF as succesfull if the halo fans didnt buy into it?

Never played Halo 2 at it's peak, only in remastered where it just seems inferior to 3. I think almost everyone in thread owned PS2s and not og xbox so nobody played Halo 2, but then everyone in thread hopped on 360 hype train because the PS3 was 700 dollars or some bullshit at launch and everyones first Halo was 3 which is really good in it's own right so everyone has the best memories with that game

I got Destiny solely because of Bungie's Halo.

I modded Halo CE back in the day.

Are you fuckin 12? My first Halo was Halo. My second Halo was Halo 2, so forth and so on.

Jesus. I am old and surrounded by children.

90%of my halo 2 days were on 360.

You really missed out.
There was a modding community and honor rules zombies.

What did he do to garner such animosity?

I still watch the remember reach trailer/ad
RIP Noble 6

Yes, but if Halo 3 was on PC I would probably play it even more.

Calm down geezer. I'm likely as old or older than you - thought you would have grown out of the austitic screeching by now.
Go drink an ensure.

Same.

Luke smith also hated halo 2. Godtier halo with keith davids sultry voice of the gods speeking on behalf of the wortwortstarfishface monsters.

The damn "chapter" titles in the old games were amazing
-horse you rode in on
-your ass, my size 24 hoof
-flawless cowboy

18 years old now, first Halo was 2 campaign with friend at his place when I was really young. Didn't get 360 until I was 10 or 11 I think, ODST was first game I got for it at cousins recommendation. Get 3 and enjoy the fuck out of it, never enjoyed the bliss of Halo 2 but I'm sure it was great. I'm pretty notorious for getting amazing games when player base is dead and then get butthurt about it

They won't. Halo died when m$ pissed off bungie and started erecting cubes in honor of major Nelson

Also not me, (op)

Pretty much all of the people that bought the original Destiny did... Sadly.

They were basically one of the main selling points. Was disappointed after launch and then it became something totally different from what I expected

"If i have something you want im not going to give it to you for free"

Not a direct quote but his interviews are aweful.

All the dlc and holding back items are his idea. He leads the damn game.

>worked for kotaku

Im suprised activision didnt fire him.

If bungie does bad this time round activision holds right to take full ownership of bungie and disolve the partnership.

Those were great.

What the fuck is the Russian only Halo Online and can us Americans get it?

If anyone wants to play Halo 3 (or any of them for that matter up to 4) add me on Xbox Live

LeCrazedMonkey

Halo 1 ctf best Halo

Ctf on sidewinder with the scorpions on

Last good one. Nice.

Holy shit that was fun. I remember doing it on LAN with a bunch of friends and we'd play for hours.

Ill argue to the death that reach campaign was good.

They just made it painfully obvious that microsoft forced them to make a the game.

Thank you, umm what has he done well or well enough to not be fired by bungo/activ?
His interviews are awful. I'm sure I've got a good 2000+ hours in Destiny now so I guess I should learn something about him but I feel like ignorance is bliss here.

Sliding around the ice in Sidewinder on a Warthog with someone gunning down some dudes around the corner. Ah god the memories.

The game made around a billion $

To activision it was a success.
But if people knew what it was before they bough it and what it would become.....
I wouldnt of done it.

Since Destiny's launch they keep surprising me with their ridiculous incompetence. Probably never going back to the title for this reason. Every "innovation" I've seen them announce in their Destiny 2 adverts and e3 Demos should've been in the first game at launch.

youtube.com/watch?v=DTlLJIO01sA

Seems appropriate to put in the thread

Memories

I never really played the halo 2 multiplayer much but I would play the campaign over and over again because it was just so good, did the scorpion gun thing after a million fucking tries.
good times were had there.
but halo 3 was the game that made me love the multiplayer of halo so much (BR4lyfenoobs) and driving warthogs was fantastic
then on to reach another game that was even more fun because of the hours and hours spent by me and friends in custom games like need for speed and some other cool variants.Even when customs were not fun, the multiplayer was always great and enjoyable as well as having a fun and interesting campaign.
then 343 decided to shit out 4 and 5 and ride the halo name for easy cash and they just are not even close to the same.

Oh damn you guys remember playing Skycastle on Halo 3 on those warm summer nights?

Actually almost in tears. I didn't know this many people on Sup Forums missed Halo like I do. Nobody talks about it, but this thread exploded. The days of couch gaming classic Halos in custom games, finding skulls, etc, are all in shambles. I never thought it'd end like this, and I never thought Halo would become the shiny turd it is now.

No one was ready to make/maintain/play WOW DIABLO HALO BORDERLANDS
we just weren't ready

Beat Campaign again for first time in a year last night.

My map tier list too 5
Ce
Blood gulch
Beavercreek
Hang em high
Longest
Rat race
Halo2
Containment
Foundation
Headlong
Ascension
Collosus
Fuck it top 6 lockout
Gemini
Ivory tower holy shit halo2 had amazing maps...
Halo3
Last resort
Pit
Guardian
Valhalla
Highground
Halo4
Returning it to gamestoo
Halo5
Honestly....i could even play it