Animals As Leaders

why do bands like this exist. i hate this sound. it makes me feel like im in a guitar center. listen to this....... youtu.be/0jpOBd949O4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dg2uExhCb2Q&spfreload=10
youtube.com/watch?v=XcYafgWSknM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You're on Sup Forums, these contrarian hipster retards will defend them to the death just out of principal.

let's see

>why do bands like this exist.
Because some people like the way that their music sounds

Don't like it? Don't listen to it. Easy.

someone is still allowed to react if they think something sucks

It's more than that. I'm not a big fan of metal except two bands, but if you've listened to Meshuggah, you don't need to hear djent ever again. Especially after 2013.

It's just EDM for contrarians who think they're too good for EDM.

thats a good way to put it

>Don't like it? Don't listen to it. Easy.

Still have a right to poke fun at dogshit music, I don't really care if it hurts your feelings or not.

>principal

it's principle dumb shit

they're beyond your ability to understand, stick with dad rock please

>le 2deep4you

You can stop memeing now.

music peaked with nirvana

OP asked why the band existed, not if he had a right to his opinion. It's patently obvious why the band exists. Some people like it. So much that they purchase their music. And a record label took enough notice to publish it. Same as every other band in the fucking universe. Your taste ain't special. Sorry you had to hear it this way. Now go enjoy the next 60 years of your life in peace.

i don't listen to their music anymore, nor will i defend it. but i think the drummer is absolutely amazing

There's a market for everything, that doesn't make it any less torturous on the ears. Lil B has multiple labels after all.

No one cares about your high school mallcore band.

correct response,
the thumb slapping technique they keep spamming in their latest album has almost become a meme now, it's so grating

>he doesn't like Modern Meat
wew
youtube.com/watch?v=Dg2uExhCb2Q&spfreload=10

New eden, on impulse, behaving badly and price of everything are some nice pieces

Technically proficient but aesthetically abysmal.

ppl like them. same reason why you are alive

>hurrrrrr looks uh matter in musix because thats all my dumbass can identify
Christ

Thread is more proof that indiefags have the biggest shit taste of anyone and all got their glasses stolen/smashed in school

big MANLY MAN
listen to real tunes like EMO

They were pretty good live. I enjoyed the show.

This is literally their worst track.

They're texturally and rhythmically interesting. Melodically and harmonically there's really nothing going on, but that isn't what the music is about. I love them.

How does this make sense?

Accusing me of contrarianism and arguing for principal is a very annoying cop out. You're basically saying before the discussion has even started, "Under no circumstances does what anybody has to say matter." Fuck you.

Animals As Leaders is all instrumental, timbrally different, plays longer phrases, has more parts to their songs, etc. They're completely different.

>it makes me feel like im in a guitar center
i'm not really a huge fan of them but i'm p sure they're the polar opposite of the kid who's never touched a guitar playing enter sandman on an overpriced guitar there

>Animals As Leaders is all instrumental, timbrally different, plays longer phrases, has more parts to their songs, etc. They're completely different.
Sure, but how many guitar players are buying 7 string guitars and making nothing new or of value since 2013? A disappointingly high amount I'd say. Think of it as Kevin Shields/Loveless of modern metal.

I'm ok with Animals as Leaders, they're definitely a lot catchier than other djent bands.
I don't have anything against this kinds of bands, I mean, I can't be liking math rock and hating Animals as Leaders:
youtube.com/watch?v=XcYafgWSknM

They have a pretty cool idea, but I wish the guitar parts were less like generic virtuoso stuff. Since the 70s or 80s, too many of these guitar virtuoso types playing too many straightforward rhythms rather than the more erratic rhythms of the jazz they are often inspired by. Not only that, the music also sticks way too much to the pentatonic stuff and only deviating very occasionally. Rock music really needs to move on from pentatonic stuff it's been done to death. It also makes less sense for goddamn virtuoso to stick to that shit considering they are supposed to be experts able to weave in and out of various scales/modes or play outside such restrictions.

Easy as fuck to listen to I'm disapponited.

vom>asl