ITT: Movies ruined by glaring omissions

>no actual villain

the villains were the san franciscans

These guys were totally villains.

>Yeah we totally didn't notice we left a wave of crippled starships across space while travelling to Earth
>And we also didn't notice we were literally vaporizing the ocean (while trying to talk to an ocean based life form)

>I don't understand even the simplest of movies

>Spock: They like you very much, but they are not the hell "your" whales
>Dr. Gillian Taylor: I suppose they told you that
>Spock: The hell they did

Hating anything about TVH is not even an option

a little too much of the lds

Well double-dumbass on you!

>gracie is pregnant
>everyone goes d'awww

:3

This movie was fucking excellent, by the way. Criminally underrated.

The only negative aspects were

>cringeworthy acting from blonde (although that part of the script was also pretty poor; her reaction to Kirk and the others being from the future made no sense)
>scenes with US military made no sense; realistically, Chekov would be getting the living shit beaten out of him and would not not be taken anywhere near a civilian hospital. If they wanted a central villain, it should have been a US military commander.

The villain was The Probe. Mel Jesus Gibson, didn't you actually watched the movie?

Did it need one? Star Trek is just as much about weird alien creatures/devices running amok as it is about mustache-twirling villains.

As much as Robin Curtis's Saavik was weaksauce compared to Kirstie Alley's, it's a damn shame they just left her on Vulcan, never to be heard from again.

just rewatched this the other day as a matter of fact. absolute classic

>My God man, drilling holes in his head is not the answer! The artery must be repaired! Now, put away your butcher's knives and let me save this patient before it's too late!

based Bones

>wessel
gr8 bit when cheeky chekov hams it up and actually says this

>Dialysis? What is this, the Dark Ages?

The probe wasn't hostile. The damage it caused was a side effect from the fact its technology was basically overwhelming Federation Tech in its attempt to communicate.

The villain was 20th Century man, ya know killing the whales the probe was trying to communicate with.

Voyage Home confirmed for one of the comfiest movies of all time.

The probe was vaporizing the oceans.

Not intentionally. I man did you actually watch the movie as you claimed? You think the probe was some weapon that all of a sudden was disabled with the power of whale song? It wasn't the bad guy, it was some super foreign super powerful unknown communication probe sent to earth to try to make contact with whales.

>sent to earth to try to make contact with whales
Or kill the whales, since they need the ocean to be non-vaporized in order to live.

You think the whales, needing the ocean to live, would fucking speak up if it were being siphoned off.

>The Original Series films in order of merit

1. The Wrath of Khan
2. The Motion Picture
3. The Search For Spock
4. The Voyage Home
5. The Undiscovered Country
6. The Final Frontier

>The Original Series films in order of comfiest

1. The Voyage Home
2. The Undiscovered Country
3. The Search For Spock
4. The Wrath of Khan
5. The Final Frontier
6. The Motion Picture

>Back in the sixties, he was part of the free speech movement at Berkeley. I think he did a little too much LDS.

Nigga, Wrath of Khan is comfy as fuck.

I thought TMP was underrated but in no way is it better than Undiscovered.

Yeah on reflection I should swap TUC for Wrath

That doesn't ruin the movie through

best line in the movie or

>Hello computer
>Just use the keyboard
>Oh, how quaint

Incorrect. The best line of the movie was...

>order of merit
>personal opinion