Do you think Elon Musk is correct about his theory of our world?

Do you think Elon Musk is correct about his theory of our world?

What is his theory?

that we live all live in a virtual reality/simulation in a super computer

Even if it is true who cares? Either way you would never know.

it makes about as much sense as believing in god

No. That is completely retarded.

well that factors into death and shit do we resimulate at birth or just turn in to a compiled item in storage in a server

This.

No. I think it's extremely naive to think we could understand our existance with our monkey brains.

I agree just wanted some thoughts or points for or against on the matter just to get different points of view. This topic truly mind fucks some people. I feel like this was so 1999 if you catch my drift lol

But we have a little hint, that's more than with God
If you just go small enough everything is quantified, everything
That doesn't make sense except if it has to be saved somewhere

it only doesn't make sense with our current understanding... honestly simulation theory and god are both just looking for a happy ending to the story of life, that's my view of it anyway

How is it a happy ending to be a computer program the whole time?
When you die the program would just end

thats a thing only cheap and lazy fucks say about life
>Nobody exists on purpose
Tell me about the nigga that invented internet, the nigga that invented the wheel, that nigga that invented the timbs or the chicken nuggets.

Dont try to justify your ineptitude with a phrase in a kids show.

Let's say he's right, for the discussion. What about the computer and his world ?
I mean, if we are in a simulation, our physics are what the programmer want it to be. Those of the real world could be totally different.

Yeah, you don't basically have purpose but it's given to you, by others and yourself. Without that you're just a blob of depression browing internet all day searching for feelings of any kind

That's not even his idea. What's this fanboying?

They still didn't exist on purpose you dumb fuck. Just becuase they invented something doesn't mean they willed themselves into existing. Jesus Christ the retardation.

Too late to learn how to think, isn' it?

those things could have been created in the "real world" well and techincally wouldnt have to be they could have built far superior technology, then they resimulated the earth/ universe from the big bang on to see if we would make the same mistakes or planets would form the same as in natural occurances etc. This could also account for parallel universes which would be just different programed/ coded simulations. kind of a dumb arguement on your part and like I said I dont believe in the theory its so 1999ish (the matrixxx)

The concept of computers have only been around since after WW2. When we invent more complex technology people will believe the same shit about that technology. It´s pretty retarded to think something like this.

Random number generators in computers are really pseudo random generators, there is a pattern if you looked hard enough, but
the thing is, in the universe true randomness actually does exist.
cant really be done with a computer if this is true.

There's tons of comics on smbc about the simulation theory. I don't think it's worth thinking hard about, except to have fun, because that's not a provable proposition

thats because you dont understand the whole theory read the response above that I posted to

the concept of technology would have been a simulated as whole

>Dont try to justify your ineptitude with a phrase in a kids show.
>kids show
>ineptitude
>anons feel immediately attacked

muh sides

We can use a Geiger counter that is cabled to a computer to make a real random generator asshat
Why would someone wo can simulate an entire universe be to stupid for this?

Hey, remember Tasty Wheat?

>We can use a Geiger counter that is cabled to a computer to make a real random generator
yeah but you are taking information from nature,
it isn't simulated.

Perfect thread to stumble on after a few bong rips.

Are you really that stupid?
What are you even trying to argue?
Why not take a random seed from nature to simulate something?

It's possible but not provable. Nothing is certain in this shit existence. I'd like an answer some day when I die, my reward for participating and suffering every day. The answer to why I exist. Why I was cursed to be the way that I am. These animal desires and a consciousness that doesn't want them. Humans are at the exact level of intelligence where everything is fucking lame. If we were dumber we would not be self aware, if we were smarter we could do away with these more primal instincts like pride and sexuality. We should not exist.

>Why not take a random seed from nature to simulate something?
user every single atom in the universe is random (electron probability clouds)
you cant use something as a seed without them all looking similar

user, you can use more than one random generator and use different combinations of random generators and what not

Goddamn son you are dumb.

hes saying that using nihilistic quotes from a cartoon doesn't have to bring you comfort in being a depressed meat sack when you can just not give a shit and enjoy life.