How do you fix it?

How do you fix it?

Destroy it

Just end it.

Keep doing adaptations

vice principals began the fixing. westworld will finish it

Do stuff

I think they'll be in better shape when got ends, how much do they piss away per episode of that still?

Replace John Oliver with someone more funny.
Not necessarily even someone with different politics, just actually funny.

Don't they have a shitload of shows with what seems like decent foundations (plot, runners/writers) still in the shitter? Maybe getting those started for starters.

Westworld has so much pressure on it, I hope it's great.

Have Sony run it

AJ Soprano spin-off

I'd like a talk show with Bill Burr. He'd shit on eveyone

hand pick a couple of Sup Forums's resident experts and give them an unlimited budget.
It'll be revolutionary alt-comedy, the most unironically horrible shit ever made.
Get the rights to pepe.

DUNE
LOGANS RUN

Imagine the Philadelphia rant every week.

Give dave Chapelle a skit how

Didn't the Chapelle show end because he was burnt out?
They should give him the David treatment where he can make it on his own time.

More or less i guess, i dont know the guy ..but Anything would draw high ratings, praise and maybe bs awards...him callimg the shots would be the way to go, so long as its funny

Bring back tales from the crypt

How many fucking times have people said this since the sopranos. HBO is fine

I think they should go dark original programming-wise.

Leave Real Time and Oliver's show, but spend a year or two with no new original shows for a year or two. And in that time, find good projects and nurture them before putting them on the air.

Going dark would also allow them to let their past errors be forgotten and give the new shows a level of anticipation to them when they come onto the airwaves

hire good writers to make good series

remove all the gay and nonwhite propaganda

Go back in time and get them the rights to Walking Dead

This

>remove all the gay and nonwhite propaganda
They don't even have this.

Fuck off idiot.

he's probably one of those people who thinks game of thrones is gay/nonwhite propaganda

if so, hes drastically overestimating the amount of thought put into game of thrones. its not meant to have deeper meaning, its just meant to be mostly based on an eh book series and make lots of money

lol

true detective was the worst at this. They have an edgy black guy fuck some plump sexy white girl and the bad dudes were germans. wow who wrote this I wonder?

oh please, GoT pushes a full tumblr agenda. Not only dany being OP and the glorification of gay sex (talking about oberyn fucking lots of dudes after he is dead?), but also after the sansa rape scandal they deliberately are trying to make her a stronk womyn character

>oh please, GoT pushes a full tumblr agenda. Not only dany being OP and the glorification of gay sex (talking about oberyn fucking lots of dudes after he is dead?), but also after the sansa rape scandal they deliberately are trying to make her a stronk womyn character

that's just to market to women
its not really propaganda; its not trying to convince anyone of anything. it doesnt have much of a coherent message. it just has a general vibe of female empowerment, because female empowerment sells

Dany could've been a really interesting antihero if the writers had been willing to explore her more

She's basically a woman with a raging sense of entitlement - she believes the throne is just her right, and that by birth alone she should be an absolute monarch - and she intends on killing anyone who gets in her way. She's someone who's risen up from victimhood, only to become another tyrant

And instead we just get le amazing dragon lady is le freeing everyone and is le only kindhearted ruler
They should fucking give her a real, compelling inner conflict: the desire to do good versus the desire to be essentially a brutal dictator
Instead of having a conflict, they do the opposite and bind those two ideals together, and make it seem like she's doing a good thing by pursuing her claim to the throne

>a general vibe of female empowerment

like almost all HBO shows recently + other SJW causes

Byzantium, a spiritual successor to ROME.

why do that when there's shekels to be made, sonny?

TV shows pander to audiences
if you dont want to watch things that pander to audiences, you can go watch videos of autists reviewing model trains on youtube
otherwise, you're going to have to accept that TV shows will do their best to seize on cultural trends and monetize them

ok but HBO has a big audience that aren't just interested in bill maher sucking his down dick all day. They want actually well written shows

the agenda is very obvious

yeah there are other networks with different audiences so what. I am saying HBO would make more money if they didn't pander so hard

also wasn't lena dunham's show getting terrible ratings or maybe it was another SJW show that got renewed while other shows got canceled early for better ratings

not fair at all

give david milch and david chase whatever they want to get the deadwood movies and a ribbon of dreams off the ground

look into doing a serious sci-fi show that isn't a remake of some dumb '70s movie that got recycled into jurassic park

cultivate new talent and have that talent be less like lena dunham

They need another cops/gangster show

Seems to be what they are best at

>wire
>sopramos
>boardwalk

Also they should continue the night of with current cast

>he doesn't think HBO is full of SJW political mouthpiece crap

How nu r u?

>true detective was the worst at this. They have an edgy black guy fuck some plump sexy white girl and the bad dudes were germans. wow who wrote this I wonder?
did I literally watch the wrong show? none of that happened

>TV shows pander to audiences
So first you say they don't pander but now you say they do? Nice job dumb ass.

Boardwalk is trash and The Wire is overrated.

>They have an edgy black guy fuck some plump sexy white girl and the bad dudes were germans.

I don't disagree with the tumblr crap but I don't think True Detective did this. Wrong show, maybe?

>Also they should continue the night of with current cast
What would it even be about? That show already ran out of things to say in 8 episodes.

I think theres alot

Does anyone even watch his show on HBO? Pretty sure most of his audience just watches his YouTube videos and don't have the attention span to watch his entire show.

Rename it Hardcore Boner Orifices

More miniseries, they seem to be very adept at single seasons of television these days but it all falls apart in season 2

He is a legit genius but annoying enough to warrant some criticism. Most astute show on tv though

Reboot Rome